Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NHL Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Caught a glimpse of someone being knocked out and carted off the ice. What team / player was it?
    Marian Hasso of the Blackhawks got laid out by Raffi Torres of the Coyotes.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?csrsyr

Blog Entries

Re: NHL Playoffs

Brendan Shanahan was one of my all time favorite players but I'm not sure he's suited for the enforcement job. He needs to call up Goodell and get some pointers.

Blog Entries

I find hockey interesting, but I've never really been able to get into it.

Growing up in Baltimore and the Eastern Shore hockey isn't really a big deal at all. No one really follows it down there.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

we seem to have some puck heads.
    Long-suffering Los Angeles Kings fan.

I'm just glad to see they finally made it to the playoffs. Now they have the opportunity to do what most thought was not possible. It's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Hockey is easily the most unpredictable sport.
    The NHL playoffs are perhaps the best playoffs in all of sports. The intensity level for every game and in every round is unmatched.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

Growing up in Baltimore and the Eastern Shore hockey isn't really a big deal at all. No one really follows it down there.
    You really need to watch it live. I grew up with the Islanders and Oilers playing great hockey and used to watch it on TV but it didn't really sink in. Later on being able to go to the Rangers, Devils, Islanders and Whalers games on a regular basis is what made me a fan. Hockey is a big deal in NY which is also part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

Agree with GOTA.

Once I saw it live, I was hooked. TV does not do the game justice, although the advent of HDTV has helped some. Caps tix are insanely expensive though. If you can make the trek, head up to Hershey and watch the Bears.

Blog Entries

Agree with GOTA.

Once I saw it live, I was hooked. TV does not do the game justice, although the advent of HDTV has helped some. Caps tix are insanely expensive though. If you can make the trek, head up to Hershey and watch the Bears.
    Like every other sport they have priced these tickets to a point that makes it tough for many fans. I can still remember going up to Hartford to watch Lemieux and Jagr with the Penguins at ice level for $30. None of us we even Whalers fans but we used to see all the great teams up there because we could afford it. It sucks that my kids and this current generation of sports fans will never get that chance. Okay, I'm stepping off the soapbox now.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    You really need to watch it live.
    Agreed. It is one of those sports that is immensely better in person than on TV. It also helps to have a basic grasp of the offsides and icing rules. Once you've got that, most of the rest is common sense.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Long-suffering Los Angeles Kings fan.

I'm just glad to see they finally made it to the playoffs. Now they have the opportunity to do what most thought was not possible. It's awesome.

The NHL playoffs are perhaps the best playoffs in all of sports. The intensity level for every game and in every round is unmatched.

agreed, nothing like NHL playoffs. go caps devs. BTW congrats to the Kings, will be a good story if they making the finals!

Like every other sport they have priced these tickets to a point that makes it tough for many fans. I can still remember going up to Hartford to watch Lemieux and Jagr with the Penguins at ice level for $30. None of us we even Whalers fans but we used to see all the great teams up there because we could afford it. It sucks that my kids and this current generation of sports fans will never get that chance. Okay, I'm stepping off the soapbox now.
    Still likely better than it is here in Toronto. Leafs tickets are insane and the team isn't even any good.

Last few games I have seen live have all been in Buffalo.

While I agree with you about the price gouging, it is also important to note that the Whalers no longer exist, mainly because of a lack of revenue. While we all love having cheap ticket prices, teams have to stay viable. The Whalers didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    While I agree with you about the price gouging, it is also important to note that the Whalers no longer exist, mainly because of a lack of revenue. While we all love having cheap ticket prices, teams have to stay viable. The Whalers didn't.
    The problem being, I spend 90 dollars per seat for 10 games at Ravens Stadium, If I were to own season tickets to the Caps, it would be 90 dollars per seat for 40 some games. That is ridiculous to me.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!