Page 1 of 18 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NHL Playoffs

NHL Playoffs

I am going to spin off the hockey discussion from the Pitt thread, since we seem to have some puck heads.

Myself and PSU are both puck fans (Caps and Pens, respectively). Nice to see other posters are as well.

Thoughts and predictions?

Re: NHL Playoffs

I'm a Flames fan, so neutral at this point.

I was expecting a Vancouver-Pitt. final, so uh I'm going to refrain from any more predictions.

Quote Originally Posted by madmikey View Post
    I'm a Flames fan, so neutral at this point.

I was expecting a Vancouver-Pitt. final, so uh I'm going to refrain from any more predictions.
    You were not alone in that regard. Melrose was commenting on it this morning on ESPN that he knew of a few former NHL-ers who had that same prediction.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 04-17-2012 at 01:28 PM.

The Flyers are looking good. I really thought the Caps would take the Bruins from that douchebag city until last night, now unfortunately I doubt they will get out of the first round.

I predict a massive fight in the next Pens/Flyers game, hopefully involving someone knocking Crosby the F out as he tries to cheap shot his way through the game without the stones to back it up.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Flyers fan here. I have to say I'm loving the way they're playing. If their goalie can handle it, I could see them going all the way. Glad to see Philly beating the shit out of the penguins on Sunday.

Blog Entries

I'm a Devils fan. We're going to get through this round but the Flyers are a tough matchup. I'm hoping for a Penguins miracle.

Taking my fan hat off for a moment, I had Bruins/Blues in the Finals before this started with the Blues winning in 5 games. The Blues are the closest thing to a defensive monster that we've seen in years but they can also score when they need to. That's a tough combination. Blues/Rangers would be a hell of a final but the Rangers always choke so it won't happen.

Hockey is easily the most unpredictable sport.

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Hockey is easily the most unpredictable sport.
    Agreed.

I am somewhat of a neophyte but what struck me when I first started following the Caps, I was amazed at the parity, particularly during the season and into the playoffs.

Caps fan here. Not really a die hard but I tuned in to a game a few years ago in the playoffs and got hooked! I can't say I know a bunch about the game itself or the players around the league but I enjoy rooting for the Caps. It is a very intense sport!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I see the Blues taking the Cup this year.
    Flyers fan myself, but they are just to young and don't have enough defense to win the cup this year.

big Flyers fan. its hard not to be confident in our chances considering how we have played the first 3 games.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CodyPKA View Post
    big Flyers fan. its hard not to be confident in our chances considering how we have played the first 3 games.
    The only thing worse than the Flyers defense is the Penguins. I don't dislike the Flyers but I wouldn't use this series a measurement.

Personally I think the Blues are going to take it all, and if not them (as much as it kills me as a Caps fan) I think it will be the Bruins.