Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Are the bengals the best team in the afc north?

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Dalton will not have a good year in 2012. His secret is out and teams will now plan accordingly. If they have a soft schedule, they will win. Against quality teams they will struggle again.
    I do not think Dalton will struggle that much or there is a secret. The Bengals are just a slightly above average team over all though IMO. Getting Hall back and some development from Dalton and Green could be enough to push them from above average to good, but I still think they are the 3rd best franchise in the division and have not shown an ability to be consistantly good in like 20 years. Even if they were to miraculously sweep the divison again, I would pick them to lose in the playoffs again and go 6-10 the following year.

:T2:

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    First off if you want people to read your article, you should probably link it properly.

http://nachmanyfootball.com/2012/04/...ure-afc-north/

Besides that the article lacks depth, any type of coherent research and was probably thrown together in maybe 10 minutes. Literally.

I would like the 30 seconds of my life it took me to read it back please.

Oh and the Bungles are not the best team in the AFC North.
    I did not read the article, but found the question amusing enough to respond.

Those pesky bengals have reasons to hope again and be as optimistic about the future as they want, but not get all carried away and start making crazy claims before winning a single playoff game, or the draft and late free agency where Oz usually wins the offseason.

:T2:

Blog Entries

I don't see how the Bengals got better and the Ravens and Steelers got worse. Its still prettying status quo at the moment.

Bengals lost some guys too and only really added Terrance Newman, Jason Allen, and Benjavarus Green-Ellis. Losing Jerome Simpson is really gong to hurt and I think we saw Andy Dalton. Start to come back down to earth a bit once teams got some tape on him.

We'll see. Nothing is set in stone at this point and there is no such thing as winning or losing the off season. Its all a wash until September.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

They have the luxury of two first round picks this year... will they nail it or blow it?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    I do not think Dalton will struggle that much or there is a secret. The Bengals are just a slightly above average team over all though IMO. Getting Hall back and some development from Dalton and Green could be enough to push them from above average to good, but I still think they are the 3rd best franchise in the division and have not shown an ability to be consistantly good in like 20 years. Even if they were to miraculously sweep the divison again, I would pick them to lose in the playoffs again and go 6-10 the following year.
    Pretty much agree with this, but I think the Bengals can only play secure football for only so long, and they will never get past the one and done stage unless they get better weapons for Dalton, to compliment AJ Green, and improve their pass protection, oh and btw a real every down back wouldn't hurt either.

Overall I think Dalton will turn into a good/solid starting QB in the NFL, if we go by his rookie season, but he is the type of QB that will need to have a solid defense, to go along with a decent run game and good receivers to succeed in the league. He doesn't have the arm Flacco or Roethlisbeger has, not very good throwing it down field and isn't blessed with the greatest amount of pocket presence. He is pretty mobile and will evade sacks, but needs to step into the pocket with more poise.

They have a quarterback who won about eight games last year as I recall. He lost both times to the Steelers and both times to the Ravens. The Bengals are the third best team in the Division and likely to remain there for a long time (until either Ben or Joe is no longer in the Division). The Ravens and Steelers own the Division - it just seems to be a toss up from year to year as to which one wins the Division and which one is the wild card.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    They have a quarterback who won about eight games last year as I recall. He lost both times to the Steelers and both times to the Ravens. The Bengals are the third best team in the Division and likely to remain there for a long time (until either Ben or Joe is no longer in the Division). The Ravens and Steelers own the Division - it just seems to be a toss up from year to year as to which one wins the Division and which one is the wild card.
    I think either team would still be better without either Ben or Joe tbh, if you put an average QB on either team they'd still probably be the two best teams in the division.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    They have the luxury of two first round picks this year... will they nail it or blow it?
    I'm sure they'll choose wisely. The Bengals aren't a bad drafting team. They've had some pretty solid drafts. They just let their core players go because they won't pay them.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Just thought of only 6 Bengals could probably be in the Ravens starting team.

Andrew Whitworth, AJ Green, Jermaine Gresheme, Peko, Dunlap (Arguable with McPhee emerging), and Leon Hall.

Oh yeah probably Mike Nugent too.

So now its a problem that Joe is overconfident.. Really?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Just thought of only 6 Bengals could probably be in the Ravens starting team.

Andrew Whitworth, AJ Green, Jermaine Gresheme, Peko, Dunlap (Arguable with McPhee emerging), and Leon Hall.

Oh yeah probably Mike Nugent too.
    Replace Peko with Geno Atkins.

Blog Entries

That looks like nothing more than someone's personal blog