Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Are the bengals the best team in the afc north?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    Replace Peko with Geno Atkins.
    Yeah my bad that's who I meant lol. Always get them wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That looks like nothing more than someone's personal blog
    That's what I thought as well.
    Didn't even read the whole piece as it struck me more and more of a fans opinion the more I read it.

Until the Bengals prove it with any level of consistency, then no, they can not be viewed as the best team in this division.

Merely having a lot of young talent that squeaked into the playoffs after losing all four games to the two teams this blogger is trying to claim the Bengals are now better then, does not elevate you in status above those same two teams.

Are they in position to be competitive and attempt to over take those teams, certainly, but once again, prove it.

The Ravens & Steelers have both proven over the course of time to remain competitive and consistent in either winning this division, and or advancing deep into the post season.
    In the Steelers case (sadly in Ravens' fans eyes) have won Superbowls.
    Both have had valuable player losses over the years only to prove that their newer acquisitions can come in and fill those roles with little to no drop off.

You don't surpass that kind of proven consistent track record simply by stock piling good talent due to having continued high draft picks and occasionally finding your way into the playoffs to be dismissed rapidly.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

This seems like a fun game, let me try.

Are dogs the world's smartest animal?

Will the Orioles win 100 games this season?

Is getting your high school sweet heart's name tattooed onto your face a sound decision?

Man, coming up with questions that can all be answered with the phrase "Are you fucking stupid?" is fun!

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?5sulul
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    First off if you want people to read your article, you should probably link it properly.

http://nachmanyfootball.com/2012/04/...ure-afc-north/

Besides that the article lacks depth, any type of coherent research and was probably thrown together in maybe 10 minutes. Literally.

I would like the 30 seconds of my life it took me to read it back please.

Oh and the Bungles are not the best team in the AFC North.
    :respect:hammer:

I think I'm going to write a blog about why the Ravens are the best team in the AFC North and better than the Bengals, then go register on a Bengals forum and hawk it with my first post. Should be a hoot.....
    Last edited by esmd; 04-17-2012 at 11:28 AM.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Honestly I'm more worried about the Bengals giving us a run at the division more so than the Steelers. They were 7th in defense last year with subpar secondary play. Add in a Kirkpatrick, or one of the other top DB's in the first and that just improved the postion.

Their offense was mediocre, they lost Simpson but figure they add a Floyd, or Hill or whomever is on their board and you don't have much of a loss there. They added BGE in the running game and prob need to look at another in the draft.

All in all it's going to fall on the Ginger's shoulders. Is he going to progress, or is he what he is? He didn't have the best grades coming out of the draft and everything was saying mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    This seems like a fun game, let me try.

Are dogs the world's smartest animal?

Will the Orioles win 100 games this season?

Is getting your high school sweet heart's name tattooed onto your face a sound decision?

Man, coming up with questions that can all be answered with the phrase "Are you fucking stupid?" is fun!

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?5sulul
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

I fell for this last year. I convinced myself the Bengals were finally going to break out. And even though Dalton played better than I expected, they still didn't factor. I'll give the Bengals credit after they prove they deserve it. Can't rule it out, but won't rule it in until I see it.

Until the Bengals prove otherwise they're still the 3rd best team. Every year everyone expects something big of the Bengals they fail. How many times over the last decade have people said the Bengals are on the cusp - only to see them fall off?

To be honest I'm one of those people - I keep expecting the Bengals to play better than they do. Maybe this will be the year, but I'm not really counting on it.

The Bungles the best team in the AFC North... nope! The most exciting thing about the Bungles is not their playing ability; it is to see what they will mess up next (my guess is the two first round draft picks).
    Everybody's talkin' at me; I don't hear a word they're saying; Only the echoes of my mind

I'm going where the sun keeps shining; Thru' the pouring rain; Going where the weather suits my clothes

Banking off of the North East winds; Sailing on a summer breeze; And skipping over the ocean like a stone

Blog Entries

The Bengals have a promising future...but we have said that before. They always blow it. Hall isn't going to be ready for the season, which sux for them now that cameron and flacco have the pieces to blow the top of their cover 2.

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    :respect:hammer:

I think I'm going to write a blog about why the Ravens are the best team in the AFC North and better than the Bengals, then go register on a Bengals forum and hawk it with my first post. Should be a hoot.....
    :word

Everyone should stop giving the link a click and upping the visits to the OP's site.

Anyone notice that the OP hasn't been back since?
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Honestly I'm more worried about the Bengals giving us a run at the division more so than the Steelers. They were 7th in defense last year with subpar secondary play. Add in a Kirkpatrick, or one of the other top DB's in the first and that just improved the postion.

Their offense was mediocre, they lost Simpson but figure they add a Floyd, or Hill or whomever is on their board and you don't have much of a loss there. They added BGE in the running game and prob need to look at another in the draft.

All in all it's going to fall on the Ginger's shoulders. Is he going to progress, or is he what he is? He didn't have the best grades coming out of the draft and everything was saying mediocre.
    People where saying this after 2005, and 2009 too, and look what happened in both cases. Honestly I can't see the Bunguls being any better than 8-8 in 2012, pretty much because of the schdule, and the fact that the Texans supplied all the good teams with the tape. The Steelers will battle it out with the Ravens as always, but I do think the Bengals have something good to build on. Sadly I can see them giving up a bunch of players they are developing anyway, because Mike Brown is cheap.