Gallup Starts Their Official Tracking

I freely admit there is a ton of time between now and November, but Gallup's first head-to-head numbers are out and they are not good for Obama.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/153902/Ro...ng-Begins.aspx

The telling stat is where the indy vote is going -- 45 to 39 in favor of Romney.

I am no fan of popularity polls. They tend to not serve any particular candidate well and can swing on a whim. But where this could possibly play out is the state-to-state electoral battle. That's going to be the polling to watch, especially in Florida, Ohio and Virginia. Romney takes FL and one of the other two, and it's really hard for Obama to catch up mathematically.

It's already a very close race, judging by RCP's Electoral Map .....

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...llege_map.html

Blog Entries

Re: Gallup Starts Their Official Tracking

Rasmussen has Mitt up by 3 pts - 47-44%.

You better believe the presidents look at those popularity polls
    and live and die with them. As Galen has said, if OBY can stay
    between 45-50% he has a good chance of winning. It goes
    up and down, mostly down since his SC intimidation and then
    Rosen's attack on Ann Romney.

He should be double digits behind with the worse economy in
    80 years and he has done nothing. He has no record to run
    on especially if OBUMMBER CARE is voted down by SC which
    looks like a good chance it will.

Now that there won't be a brokered convention for GOP, Romney can focus his attacks and money on OBY.

As now, it looks like the election is going to be close, very close
    almost Bush v Gore close.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-16-2012 at 05:04 PM.

Blog Entries

Also, don't forget the Generic Congressional Race which is important.

GOP is ahead by 10 - 46-36%.

We need some more Senate seats and might get them.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Also, don't forget the Generic Congressional Race which is important.

GOP is ahead by 10 - 46-36%.

We need some more Senate seats and might get them.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/
    Dick Morris has said he thinks they could pick up as many as 8 (Senate). Morris isn't my favorite person in the world but if I remember he was spot on about the last two elections.

Blog Entries

GOP needs 13 additional Senate seats to repeal O BUMMER CARE, WHICH IS UNLIKELY. Romney again just pleadged to repeal it if you can believe him. I can't.

http://www.manhattan-institute.org/h...le.htm?id=7686

Yes indeed and Rasmussen has been spot on since the Gore election and called a possible
    re-count.

I like Dick. He was Clinton's adviser and advised him to go along with Newt and balance
    the budget saying he would get all the credit for it.

Slick Willie did and he got all the credit.

I never figured why Dick switched.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-16-2012 at 06:40 PM.

Here is where I would be very very worried if I were Barack Obama.

1). He portrays himself as the Lord and savior of America.

2). Mitt Romney was just engaged in a long primary battle where his opponents ganged up on him with negative ads.

3). On top of which, his friends in the media have done what they can so far to bash Romney and make him look out of touch with America.

4). He was able to help gin up a phony "Republican war on women", and look like a saint in the middle of an upcoming race war over Trayvon Martin.

5). He and his media cohorts have done as much as they can to try and sell obamacare to the people, including having some media folks basically call people who don't understand it stupid.

And yet he is not only not wiping the floor with Mitt Romney, but is behind in multiple polls. with all his wonders and accomplishment, he should be 10 - 15 points easily.

Galen's incoming spin not withstanding, this should be very troubling for the Obama campaign.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Um Sting - Don't forget that Romney ran some pretty dirty ads himself and had the

GOP establishment digging up dirt for him and defending him with the likes of Bill Bennett
    calling the head of the Southern Baptist Convention a bigot and the Jeremiah Wright of
    the right. Rove got all that dirt on McCain to knock him out and they knocked out Perry
    before that.

Even Barbara Bush called it the dirtiest campaign in her life time. The other candidates
    didn't have the establishment working for them much less their money. Santorum ran
    on a shoe string budget but still won about a dozen states almost pressuring the GOP
    for a brokered convention.

Mitt's gonna need all those negative ads to defeat OBY.

Um Sting - Don't forget that Romney ran some pretty dirty ads himself and had the

GOP establishment digging up dirt for him and defending him with the likes of Bill Bennett
    calling the head of the Southern Baptist Convention a bigot and the Jeremiah Wright of
    the right. Rove got all that dirt on McCain to knock him out and they knocked out Perry
    before that.

Even Barbara Bush called it the dirtiest campaign in her life time. The other candidates
    didn't have the establishment working for them much less their money. Santorum ran
    on a shoe string budget but still won about a dozen states almost pressuring the GOP
    for a brokered convention.

Mitt's gonna need all those negative ads to defeat OBY.
    Wow did you all see what just happened? Stinger just made Trap look reasonable. I've never seen that happen before.

Blog Entries

But it's been several days and you still can't answer Stinger's question from the other thread.
    In case you've forgotten and I'm sure you have, here it is.

Speaking of Senate, GOP has enough seats to derail the Buffett Rule and to keep something crazier from happening.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/buf...4/16/id/436060
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-16-2012 at 11:21 PM.

But it's been several days and you still can't answer Stinger's question from the other thread.

Speaking of Senate, GOP has enough seats to derail the Buffett Rule.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/buf...4/16/id/436060
    See there you go floundering off to unreasonable land again. I can't remember what Stinger's question was that you all seem so pressed on having answered. If I didn't answer it, it was probably because it was based on some false premise that was a bore to me.

Speaking of the Senate, the Dems WANTED the GOP to vote it down. You understand politics, right?

Blog Entries

Of course you can't remember. That's what the bank robber with amnesia said when he was caught. Maybe this will help you out. Here's the thread. Just start from the last post on back and it will come back to you.

http://ravens24x7.com/forum/showthre...omney-vs-Obama

Maybe I'll understand it better if you provide a link once in a while instead of pulling crap
    out of your ass hole all the time. Why don't you just call it re-verse psychology.

OBYs pushing this big time so his own guys want GOP to defeat it so they can use it
    vs them later? That's just one more thing OBY has failed at.

If the Buffett Rule had passed the Congress you would have a thread saying OBAMA
    DELIVERS!

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    See there you go floundering off to unreasonable land again. I can't remember what Stinger's question was that you all seem so pressed on having answered. If I didn't answer it, it was probably because it was based on some false premise that was a bore to me.
    Facts tend to be false premise to you Galen. That's what makes you a good Liberal soldier.

I do enjoy watching your constant retreats though.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2