Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Schedule

Re: 2012 Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by rellimie View Post
    Not only that but you have a Sunday night against NE then a 4 day turn around on Thursday night against the Browns who despite their record, play tough on D.

You kind of got hosed.
    Huh?? You are aware that every team will play at least once this year on Thursday and will be faced with a 4 day turnaround. This is actually great because we don't have to travel.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Obviously, it is what it is and just about every fan base has something that they can complain about, but just 2 home games in October and November is what stands out to me. That stretch with 5 road games versus 2 home games is going to be very diffiicult.
    :word

Good teams overcome. No one should ever use the schedule as an excuse. Just like we've seen many times before the Super Bowl Champions had to win multiple road games in the playoffs. It can be done

Week 11-13 is brutal. Oh well.

I'm also not a fan of home night games and seeing that the first 3 home games are at night was surprising.

I'm a big fan of going to a schedule where the last 3 weeks are all division games.

I'd also love to see the NFL hold off on division games until week 5 or 6 and then have 3 straight weeks of division games.

PP

Exclamation Re: 2012 Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Week 11-13 is brutal. Oh well.

I'm also not a fan of home night games and seeing that the first 3 home games are at night was surprising.

I'm a big fan of going to a schedule where the last 3 weeks are all division games.

I'd also love to see the NFL hold off on division games until week 5 or 6 and then have 3 straight weeks of division games.

PP
    The Steelers have to play US too, plus the first game they play the Ravens on a short week. I like playing Denver and Giants late in the year at home cause playing non-divisional ROAD games are tougher late in the season.

If the Ravens are genuinely good, and not just a product of the schedule, they will still have double-digit wins and a playoff spot by January. All those tough games are also tough games for the opponent.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    If the Ravens are genuinely good, and not just a product of the schedule, they will still have double-digit wins and a playoff spot by January. All those tough games are also tough games for the opponent.
    This ^ has been my feeling all along. When they say "the Ravens have a tough schedule", I say "the Ravens opponents have a tough schedule." ... Bc

Tough schedule, but week 8 bye is a Godsend.

No schedule will ever be worse than 2008's hurricane-induced, week 2 bye.
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragz View Post
    We open and close the regular season with the Bengals. I call bullshit sir.
    Bengals in Balt. was a better football game than Pitts. in Balt. last year. They didn't lie down on week 17 either.

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Moderator
    Week 11, 12 and 13 are our toughest.
    Steelers Sunday night, then to the west coast for the Chargers then the Steelers again.
    Yeah, you'd like to see some more separation betw. the Pitts.' games, in case we've got starters who are healing.

On the other hand, it will be hard to let down in sunny SD w/ it sitting in the middle of the Pitts. series. It's a blessing that the pre-West Coast Pitts game is away, & home game is the end of the 3 week sequence.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker: M&T Sec 527 View Post

On the other hand, it will be hard to let down in sunny SD w/ it sitting in the middle of the Pitts. series. It's a blessing that the pre-West Coast Pitts game is away, & home game is the end of the 3 week sequence.
    I disagree, this is perfectly set up for a physical loss to Pitt in Pitt, a let down against SD like happened twice last year after each Pitt game, then being so beat up at home to get swept by the scum of the earth. Let''s hope our boys are stronger this year.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Just got round to seeing this.

So I'm next booked back to the States on the Friday before Thanksgiving. Staying about a week and a half. Was hoping to see a home game, or if I was lucky with the schedule, two.

Mother. Fucker.

Blog Entries

Looks like Bengals won't have Jerome Simpson for the opener.

@RavensInsider: Per ESPN, Bengals free agent wide receiver Jerome Simpson has been suspended for three games for violating NFL substance-abuse policy.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    Looks like Bengals won't have Jerome Simpson for the opener.
    He's a free agent. But I bet they find a way to bring him back

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!