Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Schedule

Blog Entries

Re: 2012 Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by rellimie View Post
    Not only that but you have a Sunday night against NE then a 4 day turn around on Thursday night against the Browns who despite their record, play tough on D.

You kind of got hosed.
    ...and the Ravens play tough at home. ;)
    Last edited by Jayc00; 04-17-2012 at 08:51 PM.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Blog Entries

some good some bad, it is what it is. But there will be some fun games to watch this year with NFCE, Denver, Patsies, and the division.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Three straight night games at home blows. Good thing I can work from home though.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Blog Entries

At least I'll be right up here Week 2 for Philly. Anybody coming up let me know.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Has it ever happened before that a teams first 3 home games are in prime time? As a season ticket holder that is frustrating ! I like mostly 1:00 games with a night game and a 4:15 game in there but 3 in a row including two in one work week? that is crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    So out of 8 home games, only 3 are at 1:00 on a Sunday.
    I'm counting four on the schedule listed at nfl.com:

Sunday, October 14 vs. Dallas Cowboys
    Sunday, November 11 vs. Oakland Raiders
    Sunday, December 16 vs. Denver Broncos
    Sunday, December 23 vs. New York Giants

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    I didn't even realize the 1 home game only in Oct, & Nov. until you brought it up.

And all three of the Sept. home games are at night.:grbac:

The more I look at this, the more I dislike what I'm seeing.

Pittsburgh twice in a 3 week span with a west coast road trip inbetween?

How about at least separate the two games between arguably the leagues best rivalry by at least 4-6 weeks?

So out of 8 home games, only 3 are at 1:00 on a Sunday.
    and you can probably for sure flex one of those Decemeber games to 4:00. Definitely the worst home schedule for a season ticket holder in my 16 years.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    Three home games in Sept, ONE in October, ONE in November and THREE in December. Argh.
    Obviously, it is what it is and just about every fan base has something that they can complain about, but just 2 home games in October and November is what stands out to me. That stretch with 5 road games versus 2 home games is going to be very diffiicult.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Definitely the worst home schedule for a season ticket holder in my 16 years.
    And I had the opposite reaction! September day games in Maryland can be fairly uncomfortable: so we get all night games. Late season night games in Maryland can be brutally bitter, with cold winds off the harbor: so we get no night games.

I would rate the 2005 season, with back to back December home night games vs Packers and Vikings, as the worst schedule. The 2009 season wasn't scheduled too badly, but the 23" snowstorm preceding the Bears game followed by the 34 degree drizzle against the Lions the next week was the worst home season experienced.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    flex one of those Decemeber games
    The words "flex" and December shall henceforth be placed on the 24x7 profanity filter. The 2008 Redskin game was flexed to a night game, along with the 30+ howling winds (which flattened all the tailgating canopies) and the 3 degree win chill - resulting in the all-time coldest feeling Ravens home game.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Obviously, it is what it is and just about every fan base has something that they can complain about, but just 2 home games in October and November is what stands out to me. That stretch with 5 road games versus 2 home games is going to be very difficult.

We'll definitely have to consider a Bermuda cruise this Fall.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Tough draw there. Was hoping for Denver early before Manning settled in and the Giants early before they start actually playing. Pitt twice in three weeks with a road trip to San Diego sandwiched in between is brutal. The road game in Cincy in week 17 will again probably have a lot riding on it.

And on a selfish note being based in the UK, MNF in week 1 sucks.

Must make hay while the sun shines and try and be 6-1 at the bye. If we can do that then being just ahead of .500 the rest of the way should be good for at least a wildcard. Hopefully.
    "Flacco stepping up and throwing deep down the far sideline... CAUGHT!!! Into the endzone, TOUCHDOWN JACOBY JONES!!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    We have some really good games on our plate.
    I've been saying this for six months not necessarily because of the teams but because of the QB's the Ravens have to face. The only breaks they'll get is with McCoy/Taneyhill and maybe Cassell. I wanted them to face RG III in week 1 but now it'll be late in the season when he may have settled down to become an effective rookie.

Next year they get Rodgers, Stafford, Brady, Cutler and probably Schaub and Rivers (third straight trip to SD) with the usual suspects in the Rapist and Dalton twice. Heck the Browns will probably be adding Matt Barkley or some veteran QB to make them tougher.

What's very clear to me is this Ravens offense has to be consistently good for them to win double digit games and the division.

Quote Originally Posted by ctulb View Post
    And on a selfish note being based in the UK, MNF in week 1 sucks.
    At least it's 7pm ET instead of the usual 8.30, meaning a midnight kickoff for us instead of 1.30am!

For my 2 game trip over I was hoping September would be helpful but I don't really want 2 primetime games, or it'd be Pats and Browns for me. As it is I reckon it'll have to be December with either the Steelers home and Redskins on the road, or Redskins on the road followed by Broncos at home. Which knowing my luck would be flexed anyway!!