Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Lee Evans to Jacksonville

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...,1861617.story

i don't think an organization or team can get over such a defing negative play. i feel the same way about david reed. once you lose confidence in a player to that degree it is hard to ever get that confidence back.

the question will always be did Evans drop the ball or was it stripped. i say at this level and in a game of this magnitude it was a drop. receivers in the NFl know to secure the ball.

Blog Entries

Re: lee evans to jacksonville

Quote Originally Posted by Section 502 Raven View Post
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...,1861617.story

i say at this level and in a game of this magnitude it was a drop. receivers in the NFl know to secure the ball.
    CB's are getting paid also and know how to knock the ball out. Just saying. No speaking about that play specifically, just the genrallity of that statement.

If Cundiff hits that chip shot FG, which is your ONLY fing job in the NFL, than that play is forgotten. Personally i wanted us to bring him back and let him get a ful season and redeem himself.

Blog Entries

It's pointless to question Lee's ability, and 9 times out of 10 he probably holds on to that ball. He had all those productive seasons for the Bills, and I actually think until he came to Baltimore that he's been a pretty damn good player. If he goes on and has a good season for Jacksonville, that just tells me that Cam is incapable of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Section 502 Raven View Post
    the question will always be did Evans drop the ball or was it stripped.
    Watch the tape and the answer is easy. The ball was stripped, but it never should have been. Lee Evans may never admit to it, but he was starting to bring his arms up in the air in celebration before the play ended. That made the strip an easy play.

Lee Evans is a quality receiver who will be regretting that play for a long, long time. It's a shame, really, that the fans of Baltimore will remember him for one thing.

5. Re: lee evans to jacksonville

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Watch the tape and the answer is easy. The ball was stripped, but it never should have been. Lee Evans may never admit to it, but he was starting to bring his arms up in the air in celebration before the play ended. That made the strip an easy play.
    I totally agree that it was stripped, but disagree that he was getting ready to celebrate! He was bringing the ball up to get a better grip on it. You can't get that strong of a grip on the ball down so low. Try it and you'll see that you can get a better grip on anything up high than down low where he caught the ball. just sayin

Blog Entries

Just thinking about it makes me sick, FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    I totally agree that it was stripped, but disagree that he was getting ready to celebrate! He was bringing the ball up to get a better grip on it. You can't get that strong of a grip on the ball down so low. Try it and you'll see that you can get a better grip on anything up high than down low where he caught the ball. just sayin
    Baloney. All he had to do was to turn away from the defender and complete the play. He didn't need to get a better grip on the ball (which would involve the use of two hands, which isn't happening on that play). He simply needed to be sure the defender didn't get his hand on it. Instead, he starts to raise his hands in celebration and exposed the ball for the strip.

Blog Entries
    Wish him luck, probably best to move on from him

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Lee Evans is a quality receiver who will be regretting that play for a long, long time. It's a shame, really, that the fans of Baltimore will remember him for one thing.
    Completely agree. You can also see his eyes shifting towards the crowd in the back of the stadium where he was going to yell/celebrate to.

Re: Lee Evans to Jacksonville

I may be in the minority here, but I'm sorry to see him go. I hope he kills it this season for Jacksonville.

11. Re: lee evans to jacksonville

Baloney. All he had to do was to turn away from the defender and complete the play. He didn't need to get a better grip on the ball (which would involve the use of two hands, which isn't happening on that play). He simply needed to be sure the defender didn't get his hand on it. Instead, he starts to raise his hands in celebration and exposed the ball for the strip.
    I disagree, but whatever, dude...Some of you guys on this site think you know everything there is to know about football. That's one of the reasons I don't hang on here anymore.

Blog Entries

Re: Lee Evans to Jacksonville

all he can do is run 9 routes and Jacksonville doesnt have a QB that can get the ball down field so Evans will do nothing this season