Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Lee Evans to Jacksonville

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    See, from those angles, he's already got the ball very snug in his gut, and he has no reason to raise the arms up. There is no doubt in my mind that he relaxes the grip too, with his right arm just before Moore swats down. That ball should have been caught and secured, there is no real excuse for it.

It totally looks like he was about to raise the ball in his left hand to celebrate.
    In my opinion he relaxed the moment after he caught it.

IF it was me and I saw the ball with "super bowl trip" written on it coming my way, the moment it hits me in the gut with my two hands around it, I'm folding my body around that damn ball and going to the turf. I will become one with that freaking ball. I will not look up, I will not get up and jump around, I am laying there with the ball until the ref MAKES me get up. And even then, nobody gets that ball. I will let it go after I get home to put it on my shelf.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    See, from those angles, he's already got the ball very snug in his gut, and he has no reason to raise the arms up. There is no doubt in my mind that he relaxes the grip too, with his right arm just before Moore swats down. That ball should have been caught and secured, there is no real excuse for it.

It totally looks like he was about to raise the ball in his left hand to celebrate.
    Agreed!
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

welker got hit when he fumbled. i think it was laquan williams. evans never got hit.

:DeadHorse:

Quote Originally Posted by Section 502 Raven View Post
    welker got hit when he fumbled. i think it was laquan williams. evans never got hit.
    We're talking about the superbowl drop bro

Re: lee evans to jacksonville

Quote Originally Posted by Whitty Hutton View Post
    Funny how I dont see Patriots fans wanting to crucify Wes Welker and boo him. Do they actualy have more class than Ravens fans? It was ONE drop. It's not like Cundiff, who had shown several times he couldnt handle the pressure. Plus who knows what would have happened if he hadnt made that huge one hand grab on 3rd down in the Texans game
    I live in New England, and dude, lemme tell ya, the folks up here haven't been so pissed off at anyone since King George III in 1776!

It wasn't even a bad drop. Welker had to spin around 180 degrees, take nearly two steps backwards while running at full speed, and leap into the air even to make the attempt. Many receivers would not even touch the ball, much less make the catch.

But no, suddenly "Welkah saaahhcks! Fahckin Welkaah!" all over the place. The torches and pitchforks were out for the guy. It was ridiculous.

The good thing is that my wife used to sort of have a crush on Welker. Thought he was cute. But not any more!

And Welker is 10x the player that Lee Evans is, and therefore less deserving of all the hate.

We can build a far more justifiable case to be pissed off at Lee Evans.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    IF it was me and I saw the ball with "super bowl trip" written on it coming my way, the moment it hits me in the gut with my two hands around it, I'm folding my body around that damn ball and going to the turf. I will become one with that freaking ball. I will not look up, I will not get up and jump around, I am laying there with the ball until the ref MAKES me get up. And even then, nobody gets that ball. I will let it go after I get home to put it on my shelf.
    +1000

:word

I was a wide receiver in high school (not even a competitive one) and I was coached all day to do exactly this. A guy at Lee Evans' level should secure a football in his sleep without even thinking about it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Teavo View Post
    I live in New England, and dude, lemme tell ya, the folks up here haven't been so pissed off at anyone since King George III in 1776!

It wasn't even a bad drop. Welker had to spin around 180 degrees, take nearly two steps backwards while running at full speed, and leap into the air even to make the attempt. Many receivers would not even touch the ball, much less make the catch.

But no, suddenly "Welkah saaahhcks! Fahckin Welkaah!" all over the place. The torches and pitchforks were out for the guy. It was ridiculous.

The good thing is that my wife used to sort of have a crush on Welker. Thought he was cute. But not any more!

And Welker is 10x the player that Lee Evans is, and therefore less deserving of all the hate.

We can build a far more justifiable case to be pissed off at Lee Evans.
    Exactly. If the All Mighty Tom Brady would have put the pass over his shoulder in stride then it would have been a big play possibly a TD, but no never blame the all mighty one that can do no wrong.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Teavo View Post
    Giselle could have made that catch. Just ask her.