Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Ray Rice Not Expected to Report on Monday

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Time will tell what the Ravens can or will do. Rice is good against teams that he has played against before on a repeated basis. Can't deny his stats,but stats don't win the game all the time. He has had down games when needed the most was a first down to control the clock. If he followed his blockers(Leach) correctly, his stats would be better. Would he have had success with another team, who knows, he has made his name playing for the Ravens and he had help doing it. It wasn't all his doing.
    Plus vs Pittsburgh in the playoffs in 2011- he was 12 for 32 yards and 1 HUGE fumble that turned that game around. So that's 3 bad consecutive playoff games.

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Time will tell what the Ravens can or will do. Rice is good against teams that he has played against before on a repeated basis. Can't deny his stats,but stats don't win the game all the time. He has had down games when needed the most was a first down to control the clock. If he followed his blockers(Leach) correctly, his stats would be better. Would he have had success with another team, who knows, he has made his name playing for the Ravens and he had help doing it. It wasn't all his doing.
    Of. Course he had help that's why its a team sport so it takes 10 other players on the fielded. Saying if it wasn't for the Ravens he wouldn't be a good player is incorrect. Ray led the ravens in rushing yards, catches and was 3rd in receiving yards so my question again is who on the ravens is going to replace that? A lot of people keep saying he can be easily replaced but I just don't see it. Your correct stats don't translate into wins but it plays a big hand in a players value. My opinion still stands, without Rice the Ravens miss the playoffs and I agree Foster's deal is a fair offer. We shall see.
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    A few pounds is like 20 pounds? ok lol. Ray Rice may be short, but the dudes stacked.

Oh and Rice not stepping up against good teams? I mean how the hell can you even justify this, he has had huge games against good teams time and time again. Bengals, Steelers, Patriots (wild card 2009), Saints, etc.. He carried us on offense in a bunch of important games over the years. He isn't the best back in the league, but he is up there with the best backs. IMO the best all around back has to be either Forte or McFadden (when healthy).
    I think I'd still take Rice over either of them. Simply because the "when healthy" astrick applies to both those guys. Forte has had some durability and consistency issues in his career and McFadden has yet to play a full season. Rice struggles with none of the above.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I think I'd still take Rice over either of them. Simply because the "when healthy" astrick applies to both those guys. Forte has had some durability and consistency issues in his career and McFadden has yet to play a full season. Rice struggles with none of the above.
    Touche, I mean I know Rice is arguably better than both, and I already think he is better than Foster (despite what a lot of this board think) but Rice is running behind an inconsistent offensive line who can't block on third and shorts for shit. Foster on the other hand gets to run behind Chris Myers.

Blog Entries

Touche, I mean I know Rice is arguably better than both, and I already think he is better than Foster (despite what a lot of this board think) but Rice is running behind an inconsistent offensive line who can't block on third and shorts for shit. Foster on the other hand gets to run behind Chris Myers.
    Looking at 2010 and 11 running with and without Leach:
    Rice:
    2010 1220 yards 76.3 YPG 4.0 YPC
    2011 1364 yards 85.3 YPG 4.7 YPC w/Leach

Foster:
    2010 1616 yards 101 YPG 4.9 YPC w/Leach
    2011 1224 yards 94.2 YPG 4.4 YPC

And Rice thinks he deserves significantly more than Foster? When Foster produced more with and without Leach. I'm ignoring dump-offs nd just looking from a "rushing" standpoint.

Blog Entries

I'd rather draft Robert Turbin or Bernard Pierce who both suit our offense much better- down field zone runners. LaMichael James isn't an every down back, and is just too small to survive in the AFCN.
    Turbin has ALL the tools to replace rice. maybe better. .O3 slower 40 but at 5'10 225 lbs easily has the power rice lacks. Turbin will be a quality starter for whoever drafts him. Hes very fluid receiving and has the size/strength to pass block. I love him as a prospect.
    Last edited by JAB1985; 04-13-2012 at 11:45 PM.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    *coughTaurenPoolecough*

Rice is going to be pretty peeved when Double A starts killing it out there on the field and the Ravens move on from him next year.
    Also a valid point. If a 7th rounder goes out and performs well you just killed your value. If he doesnt sign by the start of the season, hes not planning to. Period.
    -JAB

I wouldnt blame the oline totally on short yardage. Defense is going to have 8--10 at the line, the line and RB knows the snap count. They just have to hold serve for a split second, then the RB must bring something to the table to get the needed distance either, power, leaping ability, long arm length, great vision and timing or can cut to the pilon in a dash- Rice brings none of that- that's why he is a 2 down back. His Arms are to short to extend, he has to carry the ball just under his neck, as compared with longer bigger backs who can leap add an 1 foot and a half to that play. That's a lot of distance in that spot. Chris Myers is ok, not all
    world, saw him in Denver former Bronco.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Looking at 2010 and 11 running with and without Leach:
    Rice:
    2010 1220 yards 76.3 YPG 4.0 YPC
    2011 1364 yards 85.3 YPG 4.7 YPC w/Leach

Foster:
    2010 1616 yards 101 YPG 4.9 YPC w/Leach
    2011 1224 yards 94.2 YPG 4.4 YPC

And Rice thinks he deserves significantly more than Foster? When Foster produced more with and without Leach. I'm ignoring dump-offs nd just looking from a "rushing" standpoint.
    Can't even beleive their is a debate about it Foster is much better, just use the eyeball test too. Foster over 2 years averaged 4.7 to Rices 4.35, game averages Foster 97 yards a game, Rice 81 yards. Plus Foster had a horrible Qb situation for a lot of last year, too, they knew he was getting the ball. Foster was way better in playoff games than Rice was as we all saw. No contest, Rice should consider himself lucky to get Fosters deal.

I don't think this should shock anybody.
    We see it pretty much every year a player is tagged.
    Guys don't want to risk injury with no guaranteed contract in hand.
    It's what their agents instruct them to do as well more often then not.

I'd imagine he'll keep himself in shape and be ready to go when the whistle blows either with a contract or a signed tag at the last minute possible.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Not so sure about that. He wants way to much $ for his value. I am pretty sure the Ravens won't tag him again at near 9.2 million or so. If he doesn't take the Foster type deal, this will be his last year as a Raven. Not worried about him showing up Monday. He didn't show up in January for that matter either.
    The Arian Foster deal set the market for Rice, he and his agent have to know that. To push this thing much further is going to be counter productive for Rice, because like you said, he won't get the tag next year... Flacco will. And IMO, if Rice does hit FA next year he still doesn't get what he is asking for because the offers will be comparable to Baltimore's. The only way that I see Rice not making a deal with us is if he doesn't want to play here anymore, like Grubbs. He took a measly 8 million more to play for a team that was about to enter a shit storm of controversy. That doesn't seem to be the case with Rice though, he's been quoted as saying that he would like to settle up and find a number that is both good for both sides. That leaves me feeling extremely optimistic that a deal will get done.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    I don't think this should shock anybody.
    We see it pretty much every year a player is tagged.
    Guys don't want to risk injury with no guaranteed contract in hand.
    It's what their agents instruct them to do as well more often then not.

I'd imagine he'll keep himself in shape and be ready to go when the whistle blows either with a contract or a signed tag at the last minute possible.
    This. It's pretty much par for the course in these situations. I imagine the Ravens will get a deal done, and Rice will be ready to go when the bell rings.