Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Ray Rice Not Expected to Report on Monday

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    Incarcerated Bob strikes again:

Trust this info at your own risk LOL.
    It does not take an insider to realize that Rice is not "happy" with his current contract situation. He had a tweet yesterday to those about to get drafted about the business side of the NFL being rough. I can understand both sides of this situation. This is Rice's time to hit it big. If he comes back on a 1 year deal and has a down year or gets injured he never gets the big pay day. With the current condition of the oline and crack offensive coaching staff I would be nervous. I can understand the Raven's situation as well. Running backs have a short shelf life. It is also becoming a less valuable position in the the pass happy NFL. The bar was set at a reasonable amount but that is lower than previous bad contracts.

Re: Ray Rice Not Expected to Report on Monday

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    It does not take an insider to realize that Rice is not "happy" with his current contract situation. He had a tweet yesterday to those about to get drafted about the business side of the NFL being rough. I can understand both sides of this situation. This is Rice's time to hit it big. If he comes back on a 1 year deal and has a down year or gets injured he never gets the big pay day. With the current condition of the oline and crack offensive coaching staff I would be nervous. I can understand the Raven's situation as well. Running backs have a short shelf life. It is also becoming a less valuable position in the the pass happy NFL. The bar was set at a reasonable amount but that is lower than previous bad contracts.
    Not understanding him. Its not like that is him against the system. The business side of the NFL can be rough.. like when a player is cut etc..
    And from me, as a fans perspective.. Flacco and Rice but no Grubbs.

This is not it. At least Rice has to admit he has the 50% of the responsibility for this situation, worst case scenario he will get his 8 mill.. Still some kind of money.