Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Some love for John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Probably was some typo error, they met to say Jim nstead of John. Happens a lot with some announcers. Jim has made a name for himself after coaching up the 49ers last year.
    So you're ready to vault Jim to the #5 spot based on one year's worth of success versus John's 4 years?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I actually think Harbaugh is underrated by Ravens fans. Flacco most of the time certainly isn't. But IDK man... I never really hear Ravens fans hyping up Harbaugh all that often, or it could just be me. I think a lot of people dislike his personalty and how he comes across in the media, when it's probably the right way to be anyway.
    I agree with that. I think once he wins a Superbowl people will soften their stance on him a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    So you're ready to vault Jim to the #5 spot based on one year's worth of success versus John's 4 years?
    Not me, Jim comes off as an arrogant A** sometimes, something John wouldn't do. The media would say that Jim is better and has at times. Jim is like Gruden, right place at the right time. Until he drafts and acquires players, original FA move on to other teams, Jim is using the people Singletary put together. Hell, he wanted Manning and was willing to tell starter to sit on the bench. This year John will reach the post season, something Jim might not achieve.

John Harbaugh has a problem with end of half and end of game strategy (also over loyal to Cam, but that's another story.) Far too often, he misuses timeouts, failing to take use them when they are available. He also misses important things. he final play of the AFC Championship was a perfect example. Belichik, who seems to observe everything, notices our kicker is rushing onto the field. Harbaugh, with a timeout available, doesn't notice. As a result, the most important FG attempt of the year is rushed, and missed.

There have been other games during his tenure in which the Ravens offense has had the ball, have had time and timeouts, and he's not used them.

Overall, he's a good coach.
    Al

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OriAl View Post
    John Harbaugh has a problem with end of half and end of game strategy (also over loyal to Cam, but that's another story.) Far too often, he misuses timeouts, failing to take use them when they are available. He also misses important things. he final play of the AFC Championship was a perfect example. Belichik, who seems to observe everything, notices our kicker is rushing onto the field. Harbaugh, with a timeout available, doesn't notice. As a result, the most important FG attempt of the year is rushed, and missed.

There have been other games during his tenure in which the Ravens offense has had the ball, have had time and timeouts, and he's not used them.

Overall, he's a good coach.
    This is Harbaugh's first job as a HC. His highest ranking position before this job was a special teams coordinator. He's got a lot to learn and I think it's to much to expect him to be a finished product right away. It's easy to say Belichick observes everything and Harbaugh misses minor details but you fail to realize that Belichick has 16 years of head coaching experience. He didn't become that detail oriented over night. Harbaugh has a long way to go to get there but he's started damn well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    This is Harbaugh's first job as a HC. His highest ranking position before this job was a special teams coordinator. He's got a lot to learn and I think it's to much to expect him to be a finished product right away. It's easy to say Belichick observes everything and Harbaugh misses minor details but you fail to realize that Belichick has 16 years of head coaching experience. He didn't become that detail oriented over night. Harbaugh has a long way to go to get there but he's started damn well.
    I can't agree. John H. has been in football all his life. As STeams coordinator, he's observed the game as a professional on the NFL field of battle many times. 2011 was his fourth season as HC of the Ravens. While I like him an awful lot, there are some nuances of the game, which OriaL stated in his post, that he should be more aware of at this time... Bc

Blog Entries

The most frustrating thing for me is the fact that Harbaugh has insisted on keeping Cam as the OC.

Blog Entries

The most frustrating thing for me is the fact that Harbaugh has insisted on keeping Cam as the OC.
    Do you think that was all Harbaugh?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Do you think that was all Harbaugh?
    Tbh I think yes he did.

Blog Entries

Tbh I think yes he did.
    I asked that because I wonder if Cam would still be around if Bisciotti and Ozzie didn't support him along with Harbaugh.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I asked that because I wonder if Cam would still be around if Bisciotti and Ozzie didn't support him along with Harbaugh.
    I don't know tbh what really goes on behind closed doors, but the hiring of Jim is a little suspicious too. I think Harbaugh has had a big part in retaining Cam for the past two seasons, but I think Ozzie and Biscotti are losing patience. I think maybe Ozzie also wanted continuity, especially after losing Chuck, you never want two new coordinators when your a SB contender.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I can't agree. John H. has been in football all his life. As STeams coordinator, he's observed the game as a professional on the NFL field of battle many times. 2011 was his fourth season as HC of the Ravens. While I like him an awful lot, there are some nuances of the game, which OriaL stated in his post, that he should be more aware of at this time... Bc
    Agree to disagree. Being a HC is nothing like being a coordinator or position coach. It doesn't matter how much football experience you have your not prepared for it until your in it for a while. That's why some of the greatest football minds/coordinators have been terrible head coaches.