Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: What do we think of this little story?

Quote Originally Posted by Section 502 Raven View Post
    if had a low draft pcik in the first round and in needed a WR i would take wallace. why take the chance wiht an unproven commodity when you can get a sure thing.
    I've been saying for a while now that the Bengals need to make a play for Wallace. They need a bookend to start next to AJ Green, and Wallace is a great complement. He would make that offense very explosive and the Bengals have the cap room to do it.

Is Wallace worth the Bengals' 2nd first round pick? Absolutely! They're already targeting a skill position player with that pick anyway, so why not? They're also seriously hurting a division rival in the process. It's just a smart move for them, but maybe they know something I don't.

He will be playing for the Steelers.

And no way they'd let him go to Cincy. They'd match the offer without hesitation.

Blog Entries

If the Steelers won't tag him, there isn't really a problem, except for having to play this year and keeping his fingers crossed that he does not get hurt. That, however, was going to happen anyway, because Pittsburgh was not going to pay him this year.

As for what money he'll get in FA, trust me, he'll get paid. A slip in his stats won't hurt him. Sometimes we forget how many desperate teams there are out there, until we see player X given Y amount of money.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

And no way they'd let him go to Cincy. They'd match the offer without hesitation.
    How would they match any offer? They have only 5 million in cap space, the Bengals still have tons, and are going to be in good position to make a bunch of splashes since next year you have to spend at least 90 % of your cap. The Steelers will be in a mess, with all the re structuring they've done, and most likely wont be able to keep many of their FA's.

By restructuring someone.

Pretty obvious since that's been their way the past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

That literally can't happen. If Cincy offers him a contract with a huge first-year cap hit, the Steelers can't match it unless they cut several more veterans. They're restructured every contract they possibly can.

Pittsburgh really doesn't have any options at this point. Anybody who offers Wallace a contract with a first-year cap hit above 5m is going to get him as long as he signs on the line. Nothing the Steelers can do about it.

I don't really see the Steelers having any desire to TRADE Wallace, though. That I don't think will happen, since there's no incentive for the Steelers and very little incentive for another team to do it. Grabbing him as an RFA only makes sense for a team that feels like Wallace is worth a first rounder and a big contract. I think Cincy fits because 1) they have a huge need at WR, 2) they wanted to get more explosive last year, 3) they have an extra 1st rounder, and 4) they've never really valued draft picks all that much.

Again, there must be a good reason it isn't happening because on paper it makes sense.

Yet nobody is offering him that contract.

Will it hurt the Steelers to move money to re-sign him? Yes. But it isn't impossible and they'd certainly do it if the suitor was someone in the division.

Blog Entries

It's the money he's demanding that's stopping every team from moving forward. It's not the pick.

I believe he'll be in Pitt this year unless he holds out. Next year he's probably gone and they'll get a 3rd round conditional amd move on

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I could see the rams trying to give up one of their high 2's and maybe a later pick

I remember steeler fans saying Webb was crazy when he stated wallace wasn't the best Wr on the steelers. I always thought brown was the all around better receiver when healthy. I would hate to see the steelers with 2 first round picks so I hope he stays this year. The question is, can brown put up big numbers without Wallace or being the #1 receiver
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    That literally can't happen. If Cincy offers him a contract with a huge first-year cap hit, the Steelers can't match it unless they cut several more veterans. They're restructured every contract they possibly can.

Pittsburgh really doesn't have any options at this point. Anybody who offers Wallace a contract with a first-year cap hit above 5m is going to get him as long as he signs on the line. Nothing the Steelers can do about it.

I don't really see the Steelers having any desire to TRADE Wallace, though. That I don't think will happen, since there's no incentive for the Steelers and very little incentive for another team to do it. Grabbing him as an RFA only makes sense for a team that feels like Wallace is worth a first rounder and a big contract. I think Cincy fits because 1) they have a huge need at WR, 2) they wanted to get more explosive last year, 3) they have an extra 1st rounder, and 4) they've never really valued draft picks all that much.

Again, there must be a good reason it isn't happening because on paper it makes sense.
    Too bad Mike Brown doesn't care about winning. But if the Ravens were in Cincinnati's shoes, does Ozzie pull the trigger?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Too bad Mike Brown doesn't care about winning. But if the Ravens were in Cincinnati's shoes, does Ozzie pull the trigger?
    I wouldn't waste a first round pick and a bunch of money for him, even if I have the cap room Cinci does. Look at his attitude, I don't care how good he is, he is not worth that kind of money and a draft pick, Ozzie wants winners. Wallace isn't in the same class as Andre Johnson or Calvin Johnson.

I'd rather draft my own guy, like Kendall Wight and develop him along side AJ Green, both much more hard working guys with much better attitudes than Wallace.