Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: OT -- Sapp is "likely" out at NFLN

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Sapp wasn't that bad to me, his energy was a bit much sometimes, because it took away from some of the points he tried to make, in my opinion. However, I'll take him over Dukes any day. Irvin has actually come a long way as an analyst.
    :word That's what rubbed me the wrong way sometimes but other than he that he was decent but Dukes, with his pretentious tone in everything he says, should have been gone a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Raven View Post
    Please let Jamie Dukes be next

Can't stand him

Doesn't he know you can show passion and interest without shouting and talking over people

That is EXACTLY what I can't stand about Dukes.

Warren Sapp I thought of more as a "personality" than an analyst. I enjoyed him at times.

Quote Originally Posted by 404Blackbird View Post
    Secondly, I think Sapp may be feeling the swift, unforgiving hand of King Roger as collateral damage in Bountygate.
    If you work for Company X, and there's a scandal at Company X, and you say publicly you think the Company X whistleblower was Y, it does not really matter who your boss is. You have put your employer in a very bad situation, litigation-wise, and you will be fired. If you said it on your national tv show, you *should* be fired.

Jeremy Shockey may as we speak be sitting at home wishing he really had been the whistleblower (assuming he wasn't...) because Sapp exposed the soft white underbelly of the NFL to Shockey's lawyers. Again, if Shockey is the actual whistleblower.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Blog Entries

As soon as you found out that Sapp made those statements about Jeremy Shockey, you knew that Sapp was getting suspended, at the very least.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    Sapp is Goodell's fall guy. He wants to protect the identities of future "informants", and letting Sapp go sends a strong message.

I don't buy that, Sapp was trying to be cute and it backfired on him. He released private and privileged information to the public about a person who fell under the protection of "The Whistle Blower Law" and now he'll pay the price. He never talked with anyone about his plans, he never consulted privately with lawyer or with any of the companies law professionals about the potential ramifications of releasing a protected informants name. He just took matters into his own hands with absolutely zero forethought for himself or more importantly the person who's name he was planning to release publicly on national television. That's pretty stupid IMO, oh and BTW, Goodell HAS TO PROTECT the name of any informant that comes to him with information regarding illegal or unsafe work practices and conditions within the corporation. No conspiracy theories, just the law.

Blog Entries

It blows my mind how these guys can blow that much cash. Give me 5 mil, and I'll never work again.

Please send Marshall Faulk out the door with him. Marshall Faulk is the worst of the worst, if I have to look at that stupid smile one more time my head will explode.

Sapp always come across as a dick but he never fellated Brady and Manning (or offense in general, really) and always spoke up for defense, which I like. Sapp's Hunters segment on NFLN was always pretty good.

About the money, 240 pairs of Jordans? Damn! $45k/month? How the hell?

I read the article that listed Sapp's assets. 240 pairs of Jordans aren't an asset unless you can find a bunch of real hardcore collectors or you can find at least 100 people who all wear whatever size those shoes are. I hope he has some Nike stock too somewhere. At least that's nearly tripled in value since 2009.

But then again, when some people get money, they want to do all the things they never could before and that's all they know.

I also doubt that Sapp is entirely destitute. He'll have to liquidate some things. He'll end up being okay, I think. Some of his creditors may be willing to take payments over time to ensure cash flow instead of taking it all right now.

Having said that, Jamie Dukes really sucks. Irvin has become really good and while he has his Cowboys homer moments, he's usually really good.
    ---

Baltimore Colts (AAFC): 1947-1950
    Baltimore Colts (NFL): 1953-1984
    Baltimore Stars (USFL): 1985
    Baltimore Colts/Stallions (CFL): 1994-1995
    Baltimore Ravens (NFL): 1996-Present

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Almost $7M in debt and hundreds of thousands behind in child support. Just gotta shake your head..
    My son and I talk about this kind of thing (in regard to athletes) and all of the money that they make and subsequently piss away during and after their careers. It really is mind boggling when you hear about a guy like Sapp going bankrupt while making 45K a month now, plus whatever he accumulated during his pro football career.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Maniac View Post
    My son and I talk about this kind of thing (in regard to athletes) and all of the money that they make and subsequently piss away during and after their careers. It really is mind boggling when you hear about a guy like Sapp going bankrupt while making 45K a month now, plus whatever he accumulated during his pro football career.
    Ah R M, you actually talk to your son about such things. Good dad. I also spoke to my daughter about finance when she was in college (she graduated, is working now, and takes care of her money like a squirrel does with acorns). I think (most ?) teams have financial experts talk to players during training camp. Alas, many players do not look at life through the same eyes as working people. They make a ton of money, then pay a terrible price for their careless spending. I have ZERO sympathy for them... Bc

Sapp didn't bother me much.

Irvin should have his mouth surgically removed though. Dude might be the most annoying TV personality the NFL has used.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Ah R M, you actually talk to your son about such things. Good dad. I also spoke to my daughter about finance when she was in college (she graduated, is working now, and takes care of her money like a squirrel does with acorns). I think (most ?) teams have financial experts talk to players during training camp. Alas, many players do not look at life through the same eyes as working people. They make a ton of money, then pay a terrible price for their careless spending. I have ZERO sympathy for them... Bc
    Thanks Bc! One should be able to navigate the fact from the fancy when it comes to such things as fame, fortune and all of the pitfalls that come along with it. Professional Athletes have been elevated to an almost God Like status in today's media and to hear of a ball player (pick your sport) being paid exorbitant amounts of money, really surprises no one anymore. But everyone still flinches in disbelief when they hear how they ran through those millions like so much loose change at the bottom of a hobo's pocket. I too have zero sympathy for them, because if you are stupid enough to blow a fortune on random items like sneakers and strippers then you should never have been blessed with those $$$$ in the first place. I'll get off of my soapbox now! :)