Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: OT -- Sapp is "likely" out at NFLN

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Maniac View Post
    Stupid move on Sapp's part implicating Shockey as the NFL's informant against the Saints in the first place. Oh well, "Stupid Is As Stupid Does".
    Sapp is Goodell's fall guy. He wants to protect the identities of future "informants", and letting Sapp go sends a strong message.

If that's the case then so much for NFL Network's independence

I know they are owned by the league but they claimed to be separate.

Just naivety on my part so for believing that

I actually liked Sapp. Maybe I don't watch enough NFLN to hate him (because I haven't had a working television in two years), but as a defensive guy he always seemed to give the Ravens a fair shake. (He did seem overly hard on Flacco, though, like practically everyone.)

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Raven View Post
    If that's the case then so much for NFL Network's independence

I know they are owned by the league but they claimed to be separate.

Just naivety on my part so for believing that
    When have the ever said they were independent of the league? Jerry Jones is one of the principle owners.

Blog Entries

I didn't mind Sapp, he wasn't a brady, manning ballswasher like the rest of em, he actually stuck up for the small teams and the guys that actually played the game with passion, mostly defensive teams (maybe cause the guy played defense). Atleast he was honest and told it like it was, Dukes on the other hand is a bitch.

Damn he was one of the only good ones.

Blog Entries
    I guess he still has his gig on Inside the NFL

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Dude was making something like 45K per month AFTER his millions earned from the NFL...and he's declaring bankruptcy...
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Dude was making something like 45K per month AFTER his millions earned from the NFL...and he's declaring bankruptcy...
    Almost $7M in debt and hundreds of thousands behind in child support. Just gotta shake your head..

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I couldn't begin to guess what went through his head with the Jeremy Shockey finger-pointing, but...

Right or wrong, you *cannot* out the whistleblower if you work for the employer. That was dumb, dumb, dumb. Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Again, like a number of athletes, entertainers, even moguls like Donald Trump before him...I doubt Sapp is destitute. There's "Hollywood" broke which often involves a bankruptcy filing to restructure debt, but barely means you're $100 from being on the street, and then "broke broke" which the everyday working guy falls victim to. Don't believe the hype.

Secondly, I think Sapp may be feeling the swift, unforgiving hand of King Roger as collateral damage in Bountygate. I don't know the particulars of the Shockey situation, but I'm going to miss him on Gameday AM. He played a great straight man to Michael Irvin's over the top, church deaconesque antics...

Blog Entries

Sapp wasn't that bad to me, his energy was a bit much sometimes, because it took away from some of the points he tried to make, in my opinion. However, I'll take him over Dukes any day. Irvin has actually come a long way as an analyst.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore