Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: OT -- Sapp is "likely" out at NFLN

Please send Marshall Faulk out the door with him. Marshall Faulk is the worst of the worst, if I have to look at that stupid smile one more time my head will explode.

Sapp always come across as a dick but he never fellated Brady and Manning (or offense in general, really) and always spoke up for defense, which I like. Sapp's Hunters segment on NFLN was always pretty good.

About the money, 240 pairs of Jordans? Damn! $45k/month? How the hell?

I read the article that listed Sapp's assets. 240 pairs of Jordans aren't an asset unless you can find a bunch of real hardcore collectors or you can find at least 100 people who all wear whatever size those shoes are. I hope he has some Nike stock too somewhere. At least that's nearly tripled in value since 2009.

But then again, when some people get money, they want to do all the things they never could before and that's all they know.

I also doubt that Sapp is entirely destitute. He'll have to liquidate some things. He'll end up being okay, I think. Some of his creditors may be willing to take payments over time to ensure cash flow instead of taking it all right now.

Having said that, Jamie Dukes really sucks. Irvin has become really good and while he has his Cowboys homer moments, he's usually really good.
    ---

Baltimore Colts (AAFC): 1947-1950
    Baltimore Colts (NFL): 1953-1984
    Baltimore Stars (USFL): 1985
    Baltimore Colts/Stallions (CFL): 1994-1995
    Baltimore Ravens (NFL): 1996-Present

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Almost $7M in debt and hundreds of thousands behind in child support. Just gotta shake your head..
    My son and I talk about this kind of thing (in regard to athletes) and all of the money that they make and subsequently piss away during and after their careers. It really is mind boggling when you hear about a guy like Sapp going bankrupt while making 45K a month now, plus whatever he accumulated during his pro football career.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Maniac View Post
    My son and I talk about this kind of thing (in regard to athletes) and all of the money that they make and subsequently piss away during and after their careers. It really is mind boggling when you hear about a guy like Sapp going bankrupt while making 45K a month now, plus whatever he accumulated during his pro football career.
    Ah R M, you actually talk to your son about such things. Good dad. I also spoke to my daughter about finance when she was in college (she graduated, is working now, and takes care of her money like a squirrel does with acorns). I think (most ?) teams have financial experts talk to players during training camp. Alas, many players do not look at life through the same eyes as working people. They make a ton of money, then pay a terrible price for their careless spending. I have ZERO sympathy for them... Bc

Sapp didn't bother me much.

Irvin should have his mouth surgically removed though. Dude might be the most annoying TV personality the NFL has used.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Ah R M, you actually talk to your son about such things. Good dad. I also spoke to my daughter about finance when she was in college (she graduated, is working now, and takes care of her money like a squirrel does with acorns). I think (most ?) teams have financial experts talk to players during training camp. Alas, many players do not look at life through the same eyes as working people. They make a ton of money, then pay a terrible price for their careless spending. I have ZERO sympathy for them... Bc
    Thanks Bc! One should be able to navigate the fact from the fancy when it comes to such things as fame, fortune and all of the pitfalls that come along with it. Professional Athletes have been elevated to an almost God Like status in today's media and to hear of a ball player (pick your sport) being paid exorbitant amounts of money, really surprises no one anymore. But everyone still flinches in disbelief when they hear how they ran through those millions like so much loose change at the bottom of a hobo's pocket. I too have zero sympathy for them, because if you are stupid enough to blow a fortune on random items like sneakers and strippers then you should never have been blessed with those $$$$ in the first place. I'll get off of my soapbox now!

Blog Entries

This has genuinely saddened me. Sapp wasn't a great analyst, he tended to over exaggerate small factors (like when he claimed the Steelers were "old" and "done" after week 1 of 2011) and strayed into cliches too often but he genuinely made me smile and laugh. I don't watch NFLN purely to be informed or to hear engaging debates, I also want to enjoy myself and laugh. I'll miss Sapp and his ridiculous facial contortions when addressing the camera and his giggling with Deion and Michael Irvin.

And good luck to him in the future, I hope he gets his finances sorted out and turns everything around.

Well this opens the door for Whines Hard....

Interesting view.