Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 39
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,500


    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Raven View Post
    If that's the case then so much for NFL Network's independence

    I know they are owned by the league but they claimed to be separate.

    Just naivety on my part so for believing that
    When have the ever said they were independent of the league? Jerry Jones is one of the principle owners.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    where my head touches the pillow
    Posts
    7,202
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: OT -- Sapp is "likely" out at NFLN

    I didn't mind Sapp, he wasn't a brady, manning ballswasher like the rest of em, he actually stuck up for the small teams and the guys that actually played the game with passion, mostly defensive teams (maybe cause the guy played defense). Atleast he was honest and told it like it was, Dukes on the other hand is a bitch.




  3. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hyattsville
    Posts
    2,158

    Re: OT -- Sapp is "likely" out at NFLN

    Damn he was one of the only good ones.




  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,944
    Blog Entries
    1
    I guess he still has his gig on Inside the NFL
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  5. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,832
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: OT -- Sapp is "likely" out at NFLN

    Dude was making something like 45K per month AFTER his millions earned from the NFL...and he's declaring bankruptcy...
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,944
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OT -- Sapp is "likely" out at NFLN

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Dude was making something like 45K per month AFTER his millions earned from the NFL...and he's declaring bankruptcy...
    Almost $7M in debt and hundreds of thousands behind in child support. Just gotta shake your head..
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  7. #22

    Re: OT -- Sapp is "likely" out at NFLN

    I couldn't begin to guess what went through his head with the Jeremy Shockey finger-pointing, but...

    Right or wrong, you *cannot* out the whistleblower if you work for the employer. That was dumb, dumb, dumb. Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb.
    Festivus

    His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.




  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    59

    Re: OT -- Sapp is "likely" out at NFLN

    Again, like a number of athletes, entertainers, even moguls like Donald Trump before him...I doubt Sapp is destitute. There's "Hollywood" broke which often involves a bankruptcy filing to restructure debt, but barely means you're $100 from being on the street, and then "broke broke" which the everyday working guy falls victim to. Don't believe the hype.

    Secondly, I think Sapp may be feeling the swift, unforgiving hand of King Roger as collateral damage in Bountygate. I don't know the particulars of the Shockey situation, but I'm going to miss him on Gameday AM. He played a great straight man to Michael Irvin's over the top, church deaconesque antics...




  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    13,337
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OT -- Sapp is "likely" out at NFLN

    Sapp wasn't that bad to me, his energy was a bit much sometimes, because it took away from some of the points he tried to make, in my opinion. However, I'll take him over Dukes any day. Irvin has actually come a long way as an analyst.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  10. #25

    Re: OT -- Sapp is "likely" out at NFLN

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Sapp wasn't that bad to me, his energy was a bit much sometimes, because it took away from some of the points he tried to make, in my opinion. However, I'll take him over Dukes any day. Irvin has actually come a long way as an analyst.
    That's what rubbed me the wrong way sometimes but other than he that he was decent but Dukes, with his pretentious tone in everything he says, should have been gone a while ago.




  11. #26

    Re: OT -- Sapp is "likely" out at NFLN

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Raven View Post
    Please let Jamie Dukes be next

    Can't stand him

    Doesn't he know you can show passion and interest without shouting and talking over people


    That is EXACTLY what I can't stand about Dukes.

    Warren Sapp I thought of more as a "personality" than an analyst. I enjoyed him at times.




  12. #27

    Re: OT -- Sapp is "likely" out at NFLN

    Quote Originally Posted by 404Blackbird View Post
    Secondly, I think Sapp may be feeling the swift, unforgiving hand of King Roger as collateral damage in Bountygate.
    If you work for Company X, and there's a scandal at Company X, and you say publicly you think the Company X whistleblower was Y, it does not really matter who your boss is. You have put your employer in a very bad situation, litigation-wise, and you will be fired. If you said it on your national tv show, you *should* be fired.

    Jeremy Shockey may as we speak be sitting at home wishing he really had been the whistleblower (assuming he wasn't...) because Sapp exposed the soft white underbelly of the NFL to Shockey's lawyers. Again, if Shockey is the actual whistleblower.
    Festivus

    His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.




  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    13,337
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OT -- Sapp is "likely" out at NFLN

    As soon as you found out that Sapp made those statements about Jeremy Shockey, you knew that Sapp was getting suspended, at the very least.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  14. #29

    Re: OT -- Sapp is "likely" out at NFLN

    Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    Sapp is Goodell's fall guy. He wants to protect the identities of future "informants", and letting Sapp go sends a strong message.

    I don't buy that, Sapp was trying to be cute and it backfired on him. He released private and privileged information to the public about a person who fell under the protection of "The Whistle Blower Law" and now he'll pay the price. He never talked with anyone about his plans, he never consulted privately with lawyer or with any of the companies law professionals about the potential ramifications of releasing a protected informants name. He just took matters into his own hands with absolutely zero forethought for himself or more importantly the person who's name he was planning to release publicly on national television. That's pretty stupid IMO, oh and BTW, Goodell HAS TO PROTECT the name of any informant that comes to him with information regarding illegal or unsafe work practices and conditions within the corporation. No conspiracy theories, just the law.




  15. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    10,126
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: OT -- Sapp is "likely" out at NFLN

    It blows my mind how these guys can blow that much cash. Give me 5 mil, and I'll never work again.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland