Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 141516
    Blog Entries

Re: Flacco Deal Update...

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    Your final line says it all. The issue is not Flacco but rather the OC and the offensive philosophy. If the Ravens were to modernize the offense I believe you would see his stats take off. Flacco is the most important player to the long term success of the Franchise. The sooner they start building around him both from a player and a coach standpoint the better. Oline does not block and the wrs do not get open. How do these coaches on the offensive side of the ball keep their jobs?
    Good point. A few pages back someone made the comparison to when the Ravens revamped the defense. While I see some similarities between what they did then to what they are trying to do now on the offense, the one glaring difference is the coaching. I am convinced you could bring in Jerry Rice in his prime and it wouldn't make a difference in this scheme.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Every time this idiotic thread gets bumped, I wonder if there's news in it. Sadly, not yet.
    You and me both.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Actually I tossed up a link a few pages back that said contrary to previous reports from PFT, Joe's agent (Joe Linta) and the Ravens brass have met at least twice face-to-face on Flacco's contract.
    Must not have seen it, as I've been blinded by the overwhelming amount of stupid on this thread. ;)

Good point.

Folks, let's get back on topic here please. If you want to discuss the pros and cons of Joe's game, find another thread for it.

Let's keep this thread about his looming deal.

Thanks everyone.

That's just it.

His deal is looming, and who knows when it will finally come to be and at what price.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Come on folks ....

Leave the Flacco debate off of here.

Discuss the deal, not the talent. If you wish to do that, open a new thread.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    All of those QBs throw the ball more than Flacco does and have better WRs than Flacco has had. Joe got to throw the ball a little more in a few games and the results were not great, but they were not bad either. None of the QBs you mentioned came out of the box throwing that much, with such success. Baltimore fans were not willing to sit through that part of the growing process, when they can just run the ball more. That is what happened.

There was a four tame stretch where Flacco led the entire NFL in pass attempts. The Ravens went 2-2 during that span, and Flacco averaged around 5.5 YPA while completing barely 50% of those throws. That's a little worse than "not bad". It was after that when there was a concerted effort to get the ball in Rice's hands. That may be too small of a sample size but at that point I believe they didn't want to sacrifice playoff positioning while waiting for Flacco to find his rhythm.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I understand what you're saying, and I totally agree. However I am just going by who deserves it more right now. Flacco is running his mouth about how good he is, Rice is just staying quiet, and answering questions just how he should be. Rice has proven more in the league so far than Flacco. But then I look it at on the other side and agree that Flacco should be priority over Rice, purely because of the positions they play. Flacco I think is going to be a great QB and will take that next step soon, I hope it's 2012.
    I suggest you talk to Aaron Wilson and Tony Lombardi and they will tell you how Rice wants more than Arian Foster.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I think Rice deserves at least what Foster got personally.
    You're right and the Ravens would have signed him by now if he wants the exact same contract
    as Arian Foster. He wants much more than Foster (ask Tony) right now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    There was a four tame stretch where Flacco led the entire NFL in pass attempts. The Ravens went 2-2 during that span, and Flacco averaged around 5.5 YPA while completing barely 50% of those throws. It was after that when there was a concerted effort to get the ball in Rice's hands. That may be too small of a sample size but at that point I believe they didn't want to sacrifice playoff positioning while waiting for Flacco to find his rhythm.
    and that is the point I was trying to make.

None of the QBs mentioned came out of the box throwing forty and fifty times a game, with much more success than Flacco. They all had to persevere through that process and get quality WRs/TEs.

Oh, and uh, I haven't heard any updates on Flacco's deal.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Be that way then.