Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Flacco Deal Update...

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    It depends on what you mean by "deserve."

Rice has been a team player and a model citizen and a standout tailback in a league of talented tailbacks. I applaud everything he's done, on the field and off.

But the RB shelf life just isn't that long.

If I had to choose between which one I still wanted going into 2018, without question it would be Flacco. I hope Rice is still productive then, but I'd also have no problem tagging him this year, tagging him next, and waving goodbye, if we have to. RBs just don't have that many productive years in the NFL.
    I couldn't have said it better.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Tbh Rice deserves a long term deal more than Flacco right now. I am obviously a big fan of Flacco, but let him play his year out, and let him show us that he is really "the best QB in the NFL". You know I never hear Rice going around saying he's the best RB in the league, and yet he has probably statistically had a better career so far than Flacco, yes I know Rice said he played out his contract and so he has.

How about the fact that Ray Rice has been paid $3.9 million over the last 4 years and Flacco has been paid like $21 million over the same 4 years. Was Flacco's production really 5 times that of Rice? Who is the one that should be complaining?

Blog Entries

1. The Ravens don't have a lot of cap room. It'll probably be a lot more manageable next off-season.
    2. They just started negotiations like a month ago.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Tbh Rice deserves a long term deal more than Flacco right now. I am obviously a big fan of Flacco, but let him play his year out, and let him show us that he is really "the best QB in the NFL". You know I never hear Rice going around saying he's the best RB in the league, and yet he has probably statistically had a better career so far than Flacco, yes I know Rice said he played out his contract and so he has.
    The problem is they don't want to get into a situation where they have to franchise Flacco next year. The franchise tag amount for a QB would cause huge problems. The Saints and Brees also thought they would just push it off until after the season since they were on such great terms. Look what happened. Flacco doesn't have to be signed right now but they do need a deal before next season

I would be very interested to see what Flacco would get on the open market. I think it may take a real answer to that question to get a deal done with him... so about a year from now.

Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post
    I would be very interested to see what Flacco would get on the open market. I think it may take a real answer to that question to get a deal done with him... so about a year from now.
    6/100 or thereabouts....

I think Flacco and rice BOTH need to be signed during this season, or at least prior to the beginning of the next league year.

I'd like to save the tag for Ed Reed.

6/100? Didn't Manning just get 5/96?

Those numbers are far too close, IMO. If 5/96 is market value for a Peyton Manning, I think market value for a Joe Flacco is something closer to 5/75 or 6/90... and that might be a bit high.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny8444 View Post
    Per Aaron Wilson

Biggest obstacles for Ravens,Joe Flacco are lack of salary-cap room and obvious difference of opinion on what to pay him. Long process

What does this really mean?

How would doing a deal now affect his 2012 cap number? There will be space in 2013 which is when the deal would go into effect. I dont get the part about the cap. I understand that part about what to pay him etc...

Maybe let him play out his contract and see how he does this year and sign him based on that? Problem with that is if Rice is unsigned you only have one tag so you have to sign one. It will be an interesting 3 months.
    This is no surprise... despite all of Flacco's posturing about being #1 and all, he KNOWS that he will NEVER get Top 5 pay from anyone. He has an interesting record for sure, but he just hasn't put the resume' together yet to warrant that kind of money.

As far as the Cap... it's all Greek to me. They will try to juggle both contracts and probably only get one signed this year and IMO it will be Rice. They have an actual ceiling for him right now with the Foster signing, I think Rice plays hardball until mid summer and then they get a deal done, unless of course he wants to play elsewhere. IMO, Flacco trumps Rice so far as priorities go and they will be more concerned with getting Joe under contract in the end then Rice. It's much harder to find and successfully groom a QB into a franchise player then it is a RB.

IMO, they will get a deal done with Flacco in June or July.

Both sides are motivated to get it done and there's too many reasons - on both sides - to not get it done.

IMO, Flacco is not type of guy you want to go into the season with without a contract.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post
    6/100? Didn't Manning just get 5/96?

Those numbers are far too close, IMO. If 5/96 is market value for a Peyton Manning, I think market value for a Joe Flacco is something closer to 5/75 or 6/90... and that might be a bit high.

Peyton essentially got 1/20... he has to pass physicals to get more then that.
    IMO, Peyton is not a comparable with flacco, IMO. He is a special case.

Sanchez is the most obvious comparable, with his recent 3/$43.5 nSo I'd say that comfortably places flacco above $14.5m per year, so I'd say 6/90 is the absolutel low end of his market, perhaps 5/75 but I doubt he'd want 5 years unless it were more like $80+m.

Eli got 5/90m not forever ago, so I'd say that $18m would be his top boundary.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    6/100 or thereabouts....

I think Flacco and rice BOTH need to be signed during this season, or at least prior to the beginning of the next league year.

I'd like to save the tag for Ed Reed.
    Lol you're joking right?
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!

Blog Entries

I see Flacco getting around 15 mil a year.