Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post
I'm not exclusively blaming Flacco for his stats taking a plunge last year--there could be any number of reasons for that. You mention the new receivers--there's also the shortened offseason from the lockout to consider (though all teams had to deal with that, and it was a record year for passing in several respects), as well as the possibility that it might have something to do with Cameron not being entirely in tune with reality, as so many fans seem to think. Frankly, I'm sorry we lost the opportunity to change that variable--I'm not convinced that Cameron's the problem, but I would have been willing to tell him to GTFO if for no other reason than to make a change and see what happened as a result of that change.

The point I'm trying to make is that in comparison to the defense, the offense is subpar, and is IMO a much smaller part of the reason that the Ravens win so many games. I don't know that the problem with the offense is Flacco, but I don't know that it isn't either, and I'm not going to ignore the possibility that he's at least part of the problem, as so many seem to do. I hope he does well this year, because I really want the Ravens to do well this year. However, I think you're being a blind fanboy if you don't think it's a reasonable possibility that we might be able to do better with a different QB, particularly based on the drop in performance Flacco had in 2011.

Sometimes it's the right thing to do to sign a player immediately--sometimes a bit of circumspection is warranted. I just think this is the latter situation.
Is is possible another QB comes in and plays better... yes. Is it reasonable to consider... not really. who would you want thats actually attainable? outside Manning Brees Brady and maybe Rodgers i dont think there is another QB that is without argument an upgrade to Flacco, imo. there are QBs id still say are better but not so much as to think its worth getting rid of him for and thats in a fantasy world where other top QBs are available, which they arent and not easily drafted either, certainly when youre always winning and at the end of the rounds.