Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Flacco Deal Update...

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Tbh Rice deserves a long term deal more than Flacco right now. I am obviously a big fan of Flacco, but let him play his year out, and let him show us that he is really "the best QB in the NFL". You know I never hear Rice going around saying he's the best RB in the league, and yet he has probably statistically had a better career so far than Flacco, yes I know Rice said he played out his contract and so he has.
    That's only pushing the problem off to a later date. And to be honest knowing the franchise tag number for a QB is 15 million plus, possibly more whenever Brees signs a long term deal with the Saints, it will be a MUCH bigger headache next offseason than it is right now. There is absolutely nothing the Ravens can do if Flacco has 15 million+ cap number to open next season. That will eat whatever cap space we do have right up, IF we can even afford to tag him at all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    That's only pushing the problem off to a later date. And to be honest knowing the franchise tag number for a QB is 15 million plus, possibly more whenever Brees signs a long term deal with the Saints, it will be a MUCH bigger headache next offseason than it is right now. There is absolutely nothing the Ravens can do if Flacco has 15 million+ cap number to open next season. That will eat whatever cap space we do have right up, IF we can even afford to tag him at all.
    When you do the numbers, there is just no way we can keep both Rice and Flacco on this team after 2012 unless the cap goes up as a lot of people have been speculating (and it's purely speculation).

So if you had to choose between the two it has to be Flacco. If you're talking about RIGHT now Rice probably deserves it, however we need to think of the future and it will break my heart when the day comes that we let Rice go/trade him.

Flacco is going to get paid. And paid big. Sanchize got 14.5 mill per year. Flacco isn't getting less.

Blog Entries

When you do the numbers, there is just no way we can keep both Rice and Flacco on this team after 2012 unless the cap goes up as a lot of people have been speculating (and it's purely speculation).

So if you had to choose between the two it has to be Flacco. If you're talking about RIGHT now Rice probably deserves it, however we need to think of the future and it will break my heart when the day comes that we let Rice go/trade him.
    You may not be taking released veterans into consideration, like in 2011. What if Ed Reed, and his $7 million, are not renewed? IMO the Ravens will do all in their power to keep Flacco and Rice in 2013... Bc

Tbh Rice deserves a long term deal more than Flacco right now. I am obviously a big fan of Flacco, but let him play his year out, and let him show us that he is really "the best QB in the NFL". You know I never hear Rice going around saying he's the best RB in the league, and yet he has probably statistically had a better career so far than Flacco, yes I know Rice said he played out his contract and so he has.
    Joe was asked if he thought he was a top 5 qb. He said that as a player you have to consider yourself the best. If someone asked Rice the same question you would get the same answer.

Rice shriveled in the playoffs and Flacco out played Brady.

Blog Entries

I don't think it's quite as dire as all that. I think the cap will go up some next year, and you're not factoring in things like Lewis and Reed's possible retirement. Honestly, I don't see either of them going anywhere for the next half decade.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post
    I disagree. QBs don't win games, football teams do. Ryan and the Falcons produced 10 wins this year, despite being saddled with a defense in the bottom half of the league. Flacco and the Ravens produced 12 wins with the 3rd best defense. If you traded defenses between the two teams, which team winds up with more wins? There's no way to know, but my opinion would be the Falcons offense/Ravens defense team. And I don't think it would be close.
    Its hard to argue that Flacco hasnt done more with less than Matt Ryan. take defenses away. Offense only theyve put up almost identical numbers offensively and thats saying a lot. He doesnt have near the offensive weapons Ryan has, certainly not since theyve been in the league. that "bottom half of the league" defense also means they're throwing the ball more and getting more situations to pass. Flacco is greater than Matt Ryan and thats not even taking into consideration their playoff or regular season records.
    -JAB

Flacco and his agent have not had discussions with the team since the combine .....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...uting-combine/

Could just be posturing on the part of the team. If the reports are true that he's asking for top 5 QB type money, I wouldn't call him either if I were Ozzie. He just isn't worth that kind of coin (yet).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Flacco and his agent have not had discussions with the team since the combine .....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...uting-combine/

Could just be posturing on the part of the team. If the reports are true that he's asking for top 5 QB type money, I wouldn't call him either if I were Ozzie. He just isn't worth that kind of coin (yet).
    The thing is, we don't know if he's asking for that kind of money or not. The club is saying Ray Rice is asking for AP type money. If these reports are true there is no way the Ravens can afford both. I'm inclined to believe that Ozzie is posturing.

Blog Entries

I never read into rumors or reports until it's confirmed, too much speculation here.

Btw I do love Flacco, but he isn't a top 5 QB yet, so why pay him like one?

And now Aaron Wilson refutes PFT's claims.

Flacco and agent have met with the team twice since the combine.

http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/bl...tml?mode=story

was webb worth 50mil, heck no, you pay for what you think he will become as much as what he is
    I never read into rumors or reports until it's confirmed, too much speculation here.

Btw I do love Flacco, but he isn't a top 5 QB yet, so why pay him like one?