Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Romney vs Obama?

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Solo - with all due respect, why don't you do what I did and get together

with people that worship in the way you're arguing that. I studied with the
    Mormons for 6 months and read the books they gave me along with other
    books.

Yes, some of the practices of the church like the preisthood (brotherhood) ane even the
    rosary actually come from old Babylonian pagan practices. The old church just continued some of that as the pagans were converted but they didn't worship their Gods. Christmas and
    Easter are two of these holidays but they don't mean what they meant back in those days.

The church was very primitive.

So was Israel. The Star of David was originally associated with magic but Jews have always
    been attracted to it and Solomon incorporated it into his seal and then the entire country
    adopted it as a national symbol and it waves in Israel's flag today. I read that Jews found
    an artifact like it wandering around, picked it up and started using it. Here's its history.

http://www.menorah.org/starofdavid.html

So do what I did with the Mormons and try to infiltrate the Satanic Church
    and you will see symbols and what they mean and how they use
    them like the inverted Star.

NC should go to a Mormon meaning to see what they really believe. Oh, he
    can't because he needs a photo ID to get into a Mormon temple. Instead, he
    can come to my church with me. No IDs are required and Pastor Craig
    will lead him to the Lord.

AMEN.
    You know, I've kind of always equated the whole "Member's Only Jacket" thing with Mormanism to that of Catholicism and communion. You can't take communion in a Catholic service unless you're Catholic.

It is what it is.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    You know, I've kind of always equated the whole "Member's Only Jacket" thing with Mormanism to that of Catholicism and communion. You can't take communion in a Catholic service unless you're Catholic.

It is what it is.
    You can go to a Mormon church without being a member if you want. Just not one of their temples.

Blog Entries

Still in self denial. Again, I took info directly from the sources they use. An operation by the US Army vs the Mormons is in all the history books. It's spelled out in detail above. Another board member brought up the seering scam and my history professor called Smith the town drunk. It was reasons like these and their beliefs and polygamy which Smith preached and
    practiced as early as 1830 as to why they were run out of NY.

All you can say is I'm so far off.

Like Galen - you'll never change your mind and I'm not trying to, just letting the
    rest of the forum know what they believe in and why millions of Christians won't vote for Romney because he's a member of a cult who said the Bible is in error and can't be depended
    on as the sole guide. My info was complete with links and references spelling out the truth.

And those Christians will keep the GOP from winning another election.

PEACE PAL!
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-06-2012 at 08:36 PM.

Blog Entries

Still in self denial. Again, I took info directly from the sources they use. An operation by the US Army vs the Mormons is in all the history books. It's spelled out in detail above. Another board member brought up the seering scam and my history professor called Smith the town drunk. It was reasons like these and their beliefs and polygamy which Smith preached and practiced as early as 1830 as to why they were run out of NY.
    I'll admit I was misinformed about polygamy in their religion. I thought it was not picked up till they were forced from NY. So I talked to a Mormon friend to get more info. Before the trek out to Utah it was practiced by so few it was less than 10%. You say Smith himself preached it, I have no way of knowing that for certain but he admitted to having his reservations about it after having said to be visited by an angel who told him not to.

Does that make them less of a Christian? Some early Christians believed in sacrifice, does that make them less of a Christian? My point is peoples views change...

Yes, I can say that because you are arguing from the standpoint that your views are 100% correct and superior to anyone who doesn't share them.

You are off by saying Mormons are "Satan worshipers" why because they have suns and stars on their temple? Why do they celebrate Easter? Why do they celebrate Christmas?

You also said they "don't use the cross because they don't believe in death" which I proved was not true.

You also said they don't believe in Jesus like "we do" I don't know what this we shit is all about, you got a turd in your pocket or something? Fact is Mormons believe in Jesus almost exactly like "we do" http://mormon.org/faq/belief-in-jesus-christ/

You're also off because you don't know the difference between a cult and a religion. You think anyone who doesn't believe in Jesus like you do is a cult.
    http://www.differencebetween.net/mis...-and-religion/
    Cult ‘“ a new religious movement that has a limited number of followers and whose practices may or may not be mysterious and possible unsavory.
    Like Galen - you'll never change your mind and I'm not trying to, just letting the rest of the forum know what they believe in and why millions of Christians won't vote for Romney because he's a member of a cult who said the Bible is in error and can't be depended on as the sole guide. My info was complete with links and references spelling out the truth.
    I'm glad you finally admitted that you won't vote for him because he's a Mormon.

And as I said Trap, they believe in the Bible they use the Kings James Bible like I am sure you do. They just believe in they just believe the "BOM" says what happened in the rest of the world the bible does not talk about.

And the"truth"? According to whom your Pastor Bob?

Your views on Mormonism as some kinda of cult or satan worshipers remind me of the Mom from Stephen Kings movie "Carrie". What's funny is how you mock their beliefs when you have some strange ones of your own, don't you believe the Earth was created before the universe?

Tell me Trap, as a Christian and a follower of Jesus wouldn't he frown upon on you judging of others? Isn't that up to him and God?

One thing I want to know Trap, Baptist or Southern Baptist?
    Last edited by NCRAVEN; 04-06-2012 at 10:09 PM.

Blog Entries

Yes, I can say that because you are arguing from the standpoint that your views are 100% correct and superior to anyone who doesn't share them.

You just admitted on being wrong on polygammy. I also proved you wrong on the BOM quoting Smith as saying the Bible was full of errors and couldn't be trusted as a sole guide. Until Mormans accept God's word as the only word they will not be saved. I also showed where the BOM was changed over 3900 times because of errors in it.

I said I might not vote for Romney because of his politics. I still might vote for him.
    I will vote for him if he's close enough to beat OBY. I said I don't believe anything he says
    because he's lied so much which coincides with the founder of his cult lying to 13M Mormons
    world wide that he is a prophet and Messiah but not voting for him has nothing to do with
    Mormonism.

church for a short time so I don't know what he's said about it. We disagree on
    dispensation so we'll probably disagree on this too.

I grew up in an independent non-denominational church. My brother is Reformed Presbyterian
    minister or was.

No Southern Baptists for me and when my parent's had a friend for dinner who was one I
    grilled him and he even admitted how bad and far off they went in the 60s and 70s
    with ecumenicalism and the world council of churches but thought they had improved by the 90s. I disagreed.

I did go to a Southern Baptist Church once or twice when I lived in Atlanta. In Bmore they have nothing but Catholic churches but there they have nothing but southern baptist churches.
    I went once or twice and the pastor tried to get me to join. I said how can you get me
    to join when you know nothing about me and I know nothing about you. I visited my last church for 6 years before I joined. He just turned around and walked away. A lot of those
    churches had 2-3,000 people in the morning and absolutely none in the evening. Our church
    was packed in the morning and evening. I always thought Southern Baptists were shallow.

I did laugh when the Mormon Doctrine says on p.20 the Garden of Eden was in
    Jackson county, Missouri. That was funny. The other points were on their erroneous
    beliefs tha the Bible has erors and cannot stand up by itself when their BOM has been
    changed 3900 times because of errors with spelling mistakes that was
    down right embarrassing. That was funny. So was Smith's seering scam when he duped
    NY farmers and was run out of town. You said he was run out of town strictly for his
    beliefs. It was more than that.

As far as any superiority, I've been studying this my entire adult life so I know I'm right.
    I made some minor mistakes but like I keep saying, I used sources directly from their
    discourses, doctrines and BOM.

You're really reaching to bring up a point from another thread but I went according
    to what the Bible says that half the civilized world believes in but you don't and you didn't
    mind Spammy the Athiest calling the Bible hog wash on that creation thread.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-07-2012 at 07:03 AM.

Like Galen - you'll never change your mind and I'm not trying to, just letting the
    rest of the forum know what they believe in and why millions of Christians won't vote for Romney because he's a member of a cult who said the Bible is in error and can't be depended
    on as the sole guide.
    When JFK ran for President he had the same issues and had to declare and show he was an American first and Catholic second
    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...oryId=16920600
    I believe in an America where the separation of church and state is absolute, where no Catholic prelate would tell the president (should he be Catholic) how to act,
    But then this wasn't new, when Catholic immigrants arrived in the USA many felt they would be taking orders from Rome and so were treated with suspicion.

Religion is a private business, judge the candidate on their qualities.

Blog Entries

Kennedy couldn't have cared less about Catholicism. He and Bobby banged Marilyn Monroe at the same
    time plus many others just like their old man who took movie stars from his pal Howard Hughes. A good Catholic in 1960 wouldn't have done that.

THINGS ARE NOT WHAT THEY SEEM IN CAMELOT. JACKIE KENNEDY

Still got questioned about his religion by the WASP establishment though

The lefts idea of a "humming" economy. Those out of the labor force is at an all time high .....

http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/series/LNS15000000

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Yea, last I checked unemployment was still a big problem, taxes are as high as ever, the housing market is still pretty crappy, and gas prices are higher than they've been in some parts of American since 2007 timeframe.
    Galen likes to cherry pick anything that might look good in order to make it look like the President is doing awesome, but in his March jobs report he doesn't show (as Liberals often don't) that the reason jobless claims went down is because more people are giving up trying to find a job. There are now 88 million people not in the workforce.

So yipee, 120,000 people got hired, lower than expected and still above 8% which Obama promised to have under. I'm sure that makes the other 7.9 million people and everyone else pinching pennies and paying 4-5 bucks a gallon for gas just overjoyed.

Blog Entries

As far as any superiority, I've been studying this my entire adult life so I know I'm right.
    I made some minor mistakes but like I keep saying, I used sources directly from their
    discourses, doctrines and BOM.
    So you've been researching this your whole life and know you're right? Yet you've made errors?

Sorry Trap. I was wrong (to a degree) about polygamy, you were wrong about the cross, not believing in Jesus, being "Satan Worshipers" etc.

I am glad you think you're right, that's important to you about your views, but judging others for what they believe? I find Mormons way more tolerant of others views than you are of theirs. How does that saying go judge not lest ye be judged?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Galen likes to cherry pick anything that might look good in order to make it look like the President is doing awesome, but in his March jobs report he doesn't show (as Liberals often don't) that the reason jobless claims went down is because more people are giving up trying to find a job. There are now 88 million people not in the workforce.

So yipee, 120,000 people got hired,
    lower than expected and still above 8% which Obama promised to have under. I'm sure that makes the other 7.9 million people and everyone else pinching pennies and paying 4-5 bucks a gallon for gas just overjoyed.
    Know how I know BHO is full of shit? Cause he comes out and applauds that.