Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Romney vs Obama?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    SC Governor Nikki Haley being considered for Veep ....

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...golden-bullet/
    Not a good move IMO. Indys will see it as 2008 all over again,

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Air your history is a little off. Polygamy was stopped by the church before congress tried to stop those laws not because of them.

And Bud, seriously I have to laugh at you a little at comparing those symbols to satanic symbols. You're trying to say those stars are pentagrams?

That link starts off wrong from the beginning. Mormons don't use the cross not because they don't acknowledge death, there are several reason but that isn't one of them.
    How is a pentagram even remotely a satanic symbol when the pentagram was used by pagans before the Bible & Christianity were even thought of?

Up until medieval times, the five points of the pentagram represented the five wounds of Christ on the Cross. It was a symbol of Christ the Saviour. This is in stark contrast to today where the pentagram is criticized by modern Fundamentalist Christians, as being a symbol of evil.

The church eventually chose the cross as a more significant symbol for Christianity, and the use of the pentagram as a Christian symbol gradually ceased.
    http://www.angelfire.com/id/robpurvis/pentagram.html

I'm not saying that Mormanism doesn't have it's flaws...the initial "founding" of the religion itself by the originial founder just reeks of a complete con for the guy to make money...you know...because he was a convicted con-artist who was jailed for being a con-man back in the day. Personally I'm not trying to be disrespectful because people can believe whatever it is that they want, but I look at Mormanism almost the same way that I look at the Church of Scientology or 7th Day Adventists, etc.

Even still, every religion can have it's roots traced back to paganism. Most "religious" folks don't want to admit that or acknowledge that though.

To get back to Romney being a Morman - I've got no problem with it, but I think a lot of the ultra-religious conservatives would have a problem with it. As it stands, only 1 President who was not of a Protestant lineage of some sort was ever elected and that was Kennedy, who was Catholic.

This whole notion was something that the original Framers wanted to avoid. You shouldn't vote for someone because of their religious convictions or spirituality. That's THEIR business, not anyone elses and it certainly doesn't make someone a better person or a better leader. Some of the most devout people are horrifically corrupt and in a sense evil in a lot of ways (Fred Phelps comes to mind). The Presidential candidate should be elected because of their leadership qualities, ability to be flexible and work with those who have fundamental differences, and should make decisions based on the good of the AMERICAN PEOPLE and not let religion or emotion cloud their judgement.

The fact that religion has even become the mainstay in political campaigning the way it has is disgusting to me.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Holy cow, did Galen actually say the economy was starting to "hum" now? Seriously? His version of hum and most of America's are very much different.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Holy cow, did Galen actually say the economy was starting to "hum" now? Seriously? His version of hum and most of America's are very much different.
    Yea, last I checked unemployment was still a big problem, taxes are as high as ever, the housing market is still pretty crappy, and gas prices are higher than they've been in some parts of American since 2007 timeframe.

Blog Entries

Sorry NC but you are in denial. Those are strong satanic symbols. Here are many of their
    symbols. That Sun God in their temple was a Baal God. The verses by the signs in the link
    explained them.

http://campbellmgold.com/archive_eso...t_signs_cg.pdf

The Morrill Act was one of the first acts passed vs polygamy and because Mormons largely
    practiced it. Smith preached it as early as the 1830 and had as many as 30-48 wives by
    some counts. It expanded even greater under Young. Other polygamy acts were enacted later on. Buchanan sent the Army and Mormons feared they were sent to destroy them and built
    up defenses.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah_War

I've given exact facts and references page numbers which you didn't respond to on what I've said while you're in denial.

http://eom.byu.edu/index.php/Antipolygamy_Legislation

Oh yea, even Mitt has ties to polygamy. He used to joke about it before he ran for office
    but condemned on 60 Mins in the last campaign. His wife said other candidates like
    Guiliani hasve been married twice while Mitt has only 1 wife.

His relatives going back to his great great grand father had as many as 12 wives.

http://www.irr.org/mit/Mitt-Romneys-Mormonism.html
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-06-2012 at 02:04 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Sorry NC but you are in denial. Those are strong satanic symbols. Here are many of their
    symbols. That Sun God in their temple was a Baal God. The verses by the signs in the link
    explained them.

http://campbellmgold.com/archive_eso...t_signs_cg.pdf
    No offense AF, but a lot of those "meanings" are a load of crock.

For example, the inverted cross is actually a representation of St. Peter's martyrdom on a crucifix when he demanded to be crucified upside down because he didn't feel he was worthy enough to die the same way that Christ had died.

The whole "inverted cross = satan" idea is actually more of a modern spin on something that is the opposite of Christ or mocking Christ or something along those lines, but in reality it was a symbol of humility and unworthiness from St. Peter.

This is a piece from St. Peter's Cathedral.

Here is a stained glass piece on Trinity Church displaying St. Peter's seal of the upside down cross.

Blog Entries

The Star of David is actually an old Pagan symbol defining the unity of a Man and Woman and the circle around it defines nature & the "circle of life" if you will. This was before it was the Seal of Solomon and the Star of David.

The Swastika or crooked cross predates Christianity and Mormanism by 1000's of years.
    http://www.symbols.com/encyclopedia/15/151.html

Finally, just one more example, is the so called "Cross of Confusion". The urban legend is that Romans questioned the validity of Christ so they created a symbol of a cross with an upside down question mark on it. It actually had nothing to do with that. If you look at it, it's a representation of a scythe and the symbol became a representation of Kronos or Saturn, who was the God of Aggriculture.

The idea that Paganism is an "occult" is inaccurate at best anyway. Time didn't "start" when Christianity did. Before the Bible was written and before anyone had thought of or founded Christianity there were millions of people who would use "Gods" or some for of deity to explain things in which they were incapable of explaining. It is and was just as credible of a religion as anything in modern times and IMO saying that they were not a religion and were an occult is horrifically biased and irresponsible.

Blog Entries

Trap, we are just going to go around in circles so I am calling it quits on this one. Believe what you want about Mormons or any other religion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    How is a pentagram even remotely a satanic symbol when the pentagram was used by pagans before the Bible & Christianity were even thought of?
    I was going of off the link Trap posted. According to his link it was, that's why I laughed it off...

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I'm not saying that Mormanism doesn't have it's flaws...the initial "founding" of the religion itself by the originial founder just reeks of a complete con for the guy to make money...you know...because he was a convicted con-artist who was jailed for being a con-man back in the day. Personally I'm not trying to be disrespectful because people can believe whatever it is that they want, but I look at Mormanism almost the same way that I look at the Church of Scientology or 7th Day Adventists, etc.

Even still, every religion can have it's roots traced back to paganism. Most "religious" folks don't want to admit that or acknowledge that though.

To get back to Romney being a Morman - I've got no problem with it, but I think a lot of the ultra-religious conservatives would have a problem with it. As it stands, only 1 President who was not of a Protestant lineage of some sort was ever elected and that was Kennedy, who was Catholic.

This whole notion was something that the original Framers wanted to avoid. You shouldn't vote for someone because of their religious convictions or spirituality. That's THEIR business, not anyone elses and it certainly doesn't make someone a better person or a better leader. Some of the most devout people are horrifically corrupt and in a sense evil in a lot of ways (Fred Phelps comes to mind). The Presidential candidate should be elected because of their leadership qualities, ability to be flexible and work with those who have fundamental differences, and should make decisions based on the good of the AMERICAN PEOPLE and not let religion or emotion cloud their judgement.

The fact that religion has even become the mainstay in political campaigning the way it has is disgusting to me.
    Yeah Mormonism's founding does have it's flaws, no more so than any religious really, which is why I am not religious. I might say I am a person of faith or a spiritual faith but the idea that one religion has it all exactly right is kinda funny.

I grew up around a bunch of Mormons and lived in Utah for a ski-season (November to April) and I can tell you they are some of the nicest most thoughtful people I've ever come across. The fact Romney is a Mormon has nothing to do with why I would vote for him. I does make me think though about how people say he has no convictions, this man has been a member of church where you can't drink, smoke, gamble cuss etc. for almost his whole life. I get the flip flopping criticism and it's one of mine about him, but that is a fault of all politicians, not saying it's acceptable to me because they all share that just he's no different

Blog Entries

NC - It's not what I believe, it's what the Mormons believe as I have proven time and
    time again. You can believe what you want and leave it at that. Again, I've used
    page numbers from their doctrines and references from the BOM on what they
    believe. I have shown they practiced polygamy and it was even in Romney's
    family.

I don't know what else to do. You are not going to believe even when I use
    page numbers with direct quotes from their BOM and doctrines and direct
    quotes from their discourses written by their officials from their founder on down.

Here's a detailed link showing over 3900 changes to the BOM. It was such an
    embarrassment especially on spellings and other points like that it had to be changed.

And a question for Mormons is this:

If the original 1830 Book of Mormon was inspired than why were there so many errors and changes and additions and deletions, when compared to current editions?

http://www.bible.ca/mor-1830-changes.htm

You said the BOM was not a supplement and I proved that it is with direct
    quotes from Young and LDS officials after them saying the Bible is in error. I studied
    with them and said they don't believe in Christ the way we do.

And I havent even scratched the surface. Solo brought up the seering scam and how Smith was a con man. I said he was tried and convicted and you can still get the original transcripts from the court house in NY. I didn't even begin to
    touch the surface on the magical seers and how his so called Revelations came from them.

And I didn't even get into baptism by proxy which means Mormons baptize the dead.
    One Mormon was baptized 1M times to cover all his ancestors but the cult drew the line
    when someone tried to Baptize Hitler. True.

I also didn't get into the golden plates the angel was supposed to have taken to heaven.
    Only Smith and a few relatives ever saw these plates.

Christ was alive when he was Baptized and so was John the Baptist and all of us. The
    Bible doesn't say this so it must be in their supplement. Nevertheless, they say it's
    OK.

I first learned about Mormons and their polygamy and battle vs the US Army in my high school History course from my teacher, same with the polygamy but you would argue with him. That teacher called Joseph Smith the town drunk.

Books have been written like Kingdom of the Cults showing that it is a cult
    but deny it if you want.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-06-2012 at 04:29 PM.

Blog Entries

Solo - with all due respect, why don't you do what I did and get together

with people that worship in the way you're arguing that. I studied with the
    Mormons for 6 months and read the books they gave me along with other
    books.

Yes, some of the practices of the church like the preisthood (brotherhood) ane even the
    rosary actually come from old Babylonian pagan practices. The old church just continued some of that as the pagans were converted but they didn't worship their Gods. Christmas and
    Easter are two of these holidays but they don't mean what they meant back in those days.

The church was very primitive.

So was Israel. The Star of David was originally associated with magic but Jews have always
    been attracted to it and Solomon incorporated it into his seal and then the entire country
    adopted it as a national symbol and it waves in Israel's flag today. I read that Jews found
    an artifact like it wandering around, picked it up and started using it. Here's its history.

http://www.menorah.org/starofdavid.html

So do what I did with the Mormons and try to infiltrate the Satanic Church
    and you will see symbols and what they mean and how they use
    them like the inverted Star.

NC should go to a Mormon meaning to see what they really believe. Oh, he
    can't because he needs a photo ID to get into a Mormon temple. Instead, he
    can come to my church with me. No IDs are required and Pastor Craig
    will lead him to the Lord.

AMEN.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-06-2012 at 04:28 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    NC should go to a Mormon meaning to see what they really believe. Oh, he
    can't because he needs a photo ID to get into a Mormon temple. Instead, he
    can come to my church with me. No IDs are required and Pastor Craig
    will lead him to the Lord.

AMEN.
    Trap you know I like you and understand your sarcasm that others don't get. But you are so far off it's not worth arguing with you, proven by thinking they lock you in a house for 2 weeks to convert you .

You have no idea what I know, who I've talked to about Mormonism, if I've ever been to a church etc.