Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Romney vs Obama?

Here it says 15% of all white Christians will not vote for a Mormon
    which means millions will stay home again. Link dated Jan 2012.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-.../2829752/posts

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    You're right. Evangelicals won't vote for Romney because he's a Mormon and they consider it a cult. He also said he's not going to attack OBY just to placate conservatives.
    You know the differnece between a religon and a cult? The number of members.

I find ridiculous and highly hypocritical people who want religous tolerance and shout freedom of religon would judge someone else on their religon..

The head of the Southern Baptist Convention said on TV that 30M Christians stayed home in the 08 election.
    Look at the source... he just wants a evanglical picked.

Blog Entries

You don't think Romney would ask Gingrich or Huntsman or even Perry?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    You don't think Romney would ask Gingrich or Huntsman or even Perry?

Gingrich no. He could ppush independents away and also doesn't excite the base like Rubio, Demint, Jindal

Hunstman - No, may attract some independents but presents the same problem as Romney does with the base

Perry - No. wouldn't attract independents, would excite some base and push others away.

Again, it's all about electoral math, not votes nation wide.

Huckabee bring nothing to the ticket in terms of electoral math. Neither does Gingrich, Huntsmen, Perry, etc.

Alan West gives him a shot at FL as well, but he doesn't have the popularity that Rubio has.

He may also be looking at a younger, less established conservative woman to help in states like Ohio and NC. There are a couple in congress but they are only if Rubio really tells him no.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Again, it's all about electoral math, not votes nation wide.

Huckabee bring nothing to the ticket in terms of electoral math. Neither does Gingrich, Huntsmen, Perry, etc.

Alan West gives him a shot at FL as well, but he doesn't have the popularity that Rubio has.

He may also be looking at a younger, less established conservative woman to help in states like Ohio and NC. There are a couple in congress but they are only if Rubio really tells him no.
    HR, I think we've talked enough for you to know that I know it's about electoral math.

I gave 4 states which Huckabee could help with. I am not saying Huckabee is better than Rubio, just if Rubio said no, Huckabee could get out people who stayed home (neither of us know which states they stayed home in)

I am just trying to say 7 million people stayed home, is there a candidate that can get them out to vote and also get independents...

Blog Entries

NC - With all due respect you're wrong but talking about numbers, Islam and Mormonism are the fastest rising religions in the US. The inside Mormon joke is they baptize a new Baptist congregation every week. There are 5M in US and 13M world wide. The LDS is 2d largest religion out side of Roman Catholics in US.

http://www.allaboutmormons.com/number_of_mormons.php

It's not about freedom of religion but what people believe in. No one is stopping Mormonism.
    They just don't accept them as a true religion and they have their reasons for calling
    them a cult. I can list them in details verse by verse but I won't.

I do have a family member that is Mormon. He's my cousin's boy but when he joined they
    sequested him in a safe house for two weeks. No one got in or out. No calls. His mom
    couldn't talk to him for two weeks. She had no idea what was going on but she could
    surely guess.

When you join the church you go before the board and give a statement of faith and
    publicly profess you Christianity and you're in.

I could go on and on and you'll never hear Romney talk about it like you have Santorum
    talking about Godly things.

Now as I've stated many times, I might be one of the millions not voting but it has to do
    with all Romney's lies and politics like Romney Care and I don't believe he'll repeal
    OBY CARE, so like many I can't trust him but if I do vote it's because he'd be better
    than OBY. His religion wouldn't stop me. It's his liberal politics.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-05-2012 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    HR, I think we've talked enough for you to know that I know it's about electoral math.

I gave 4 states which Huckabee could help with. I am not saying Huckabee is better than Rubio, just if Rubio said no, Huckabee could get out people who stayed home (neither of us know which states they stayed home in)

I am just trying to say 7 million people stayed home, is there a candidate that can get them out to vote and also get independents...
    I'm talking about swing states, not nationwide. That 7 Million number is nationwide.

Romney is targeting swing states, not nationally. Ohio, Florida and NC are flush with independents. He needs two of those three.

Huckabee doesn't bring one thing to those three states. Nor does any evangelical type candidate.

So no, IMO, there isn't an evangelical type put there that's going to help in those three states. Nor should there be in a race where Indys will determine the outcome.

Blog Entries

NC - With all due respect you're wrong but talking about numbers, Islam and Mormonism are the fastest rising religions in the US. The inside Mormon joke is they baptize a new Baptist congregation every week. There are 5M in US and 13M world wide. The LDS is 2d largest religion out side of Roman Catholics in US.

http://www.allaboutmormons.com/number_of_mormons.php

It's not about freedom of religion but what people believe in. No one is stopping Mormonism.
    They just don't accept them as a true religion and they have their reasons for calling
    them a cult. I can list themin details verse by verse but I won't.

I do have a family member that is Mormon. He's my cousin's boy but when he joined they
    sequested him in a safe house for two weeks. No one got in or out. No calls. His mom
    couldn't talk to him for two weeks. She had no idea what was going on.

When you join the church you go before the board and give a statement of faith and
    publicly profess you Christianity and you're in.

I could go on and on and you'll never hear Romney talk about it like you have Santorum
    talking about Godly things.

Now as I've stated many times, I might be one of the millions not voting but it has to do
    with all Romney's lies and politics like Romney Care and I don't believe he'll repeal
    OBY CARE, so like many I can't trust him but if I do vote it's because he'd be better
    than OBY. His religion wouldn't stop me. It's his character and politics.
    What numbers am I wrong about the 7 million that stayed home? I know I am not wrong about the difference between a religion and a cult. The difference is just how commonly accepted it is - hence the number of followers.

I am not sure what happened to you're cousins boy, maybe he went to the radical morons in Northern Arizona who say they're Mormons so they can have 5 wives. But, I know several Mormons, more than I can count on all fingers and toes. You do not have to go in front of the board. You take some lessons with missionaries (with other people if you chose), get baptized and bada bing you're a Mormon.

But I digress, it may not be about freedom of religion, but it is about religious tolerance. Not accepting another religion cause it differs from yours is ridiculous, but that isn't exclusive to evangelicals.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I'm talking about swing states, not nationwide. That 7 Million number is nationwide.
    Right and those 7 million do reside in individual states, and pretty likely ones I pointed out ;)
    Last edited by NCRAVEN; 04-05-2012 at 02:49 PM.

Blog Entries

It's about the Bible NC and what the Bible says and what they say differs from Gods word. We had that discussion on Scout
    many years ago. I quoted right out of Brigham Young's discourse
    that they believe they become Gods. That is a cult. God said put
    not other God before him. Young changed God's word in John 1:12 which says, TO THEM WHO RECIEVE HIM I GIVE THE POWER TO BECOME THE SONS OF GODS.

Brigham Young changed God's word to say: TO THEM WHO RECEIVE HIM I GIVE THE POWER TO BECOME GODS.

You don't know what you're saying unless you're well versed in
    the Bible and Mormonism.

Once when my parents were away on vacation I invited two of those guys in the house to discuss Mormonism. When my parents
    came home and saw them dad said what were they doing here.

I said I just wanna see how long it takes them to get down to what they really believe and then I'll straightened them out. He said good idea and he sat on the meetings.

It took 6 months for them to get down to the nitty gritty and it's not what the Bible says. In fact they have theiir own bible after
    the real Bible says do not add or subtract from God's word. They
    do both. There are some that do believe they are Christians. Joel Olsteen says they are but then he says I don't know much about them. So how can he say they are Christians when like you, he doesn't know much about them.

I do.

BTW, when I tried to lead them to receiving Christ as their Lord and Savior they walked out, yet they say the believe in Christ.
    Well, the devil believes in Christ too but not like us.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-05-2012 at 04:57 PM.

Blog Entries

It's about the Bible NC and what the Bible says and what they say differs from Gods word. We had that discussion on Scout
    many years ago. I quoted right out of Brigham Young's discourse
    that they believe they become Gods. That is a cult. God said put
    not other God before him. Young changed God's word in John 1:12 which says, TO THEM WHO RECIEVE HIM I GIVE THE POWER TO BECOME THE SONS OF GODS.

Brigham Young changed God's word to say: TO THEM WHO RECEIVE HIM I GIVE THE POWER TO BECOME GODS.

You don't know what you're saying unless you're well versed in
    the Bible and Mormonism.

Once when my parents were away on vacation I invited two of those guys in the house to discuss Mormonism. When my parents
    came home and saw them dad said what were they doing here.

I said I just wanna see how long it takes them to get down to what they really believe and then I'll straightened them out. He said good idea and he sat on the meetings.

It took 6 months for them to get down to the nitty gritty and it's not what the Bible says. In fact they have theiir own bible after
    the real Bible says do not add or subtract from God's word. They
    do both. There are some that do believe they are Christians. Joel Olsteen says they are but then he says I don't know much about them. So how can he say they are Christians when like you, he doesn't know much about them.

I do.

BTW, when I tried to lead them to receiving Christ as their Lord and Savior they walked out, yet they say the believe in Christ.
    Well, the devil believes in Christ too but not like us.
    I am versed in Mormonism. And Brigham Young was not the founder that was Joseph Smith. Brigham Young is not the end all be all, he is just more widely known.

Mormons are Christians, they don't have their own bible they have the Book of Mormon, which is what they believe happened in the rest of the world while (not during the exact time) the bible was being written but does not include. As a matter of fact most Book of Mormons and the King James Bible comes in one book.

Mormons are not that different from other branches of Christianity like Baptist, Methodist Catholics etc. SO when I say the difference between a cult and a religion is the number of followers you can't come back and say, well they don't believe in the bible. Neither do Muslims, Buddahist etc. Are the cults? No they are religion.

EDIT: And I believe the quote you're talking about from young acutally says :"But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name. (John 1:12) "
    Last edited by NCRAVEN; 04-05-2012 at 05:24 PM.

He's awfully cozy with Paul Ryan lately. Obama is opening larger margins in many of the swing states, with women voters and independents. New job data looks good again and the lowest new jobless claims in four years will bolster the economic recovery news. Without some catastrophe, Romney will need a hail mary for a VP. Last time you guys went for the hail mary, you all came up with the biggest joke candidate in the history of american politics. The only demographic Romney appeals to are the old white men.

You all better start scurrying over the Newsmax to find some way to frame the positive job numbers coming out tomorrow. I am sure they will have some obscure measurement.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk