Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Romney vs Obama?

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    I just don't see a Republican candidate in this cycle who can simultaneously win the primary election by appealing to hard line far right types like Trap, and then turn around and appeal to moderate conservatives like me who couldn't give a rat's ass about what Jesus would do and what happens inside women's uteruses.

There just isn't enough overlap between those two groups to drive up a candidate who can get people mobilized the way Obama did in the last election. He had people dancing in the street for crying out loud, who is going to be that excited for Mittens or Santorum other than their wives?

I think that unless we face a MAJOR political, military, or domestics crisis between now and then, Obama will carry the day simply because he's better at generating intense voter loyalty than Mitt and significantly more morally palatable than Rick for the vast majority of middle ground voters.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?pjbzds
    I don't even think Santorum's wife gets very excited over him...
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

SOLO - You're right about Exxon selling to the highest bidder and right now

that's China. We're splitting all the oil up with them. Even the drilling done here
    is sent to China and they have a new oil company equivalent to Exxon that is now
    even bigger and more prosperous and it has only been in existence for 13 years. The China situation doesn't improve prices here.

Spammy is right about the far right like me. That's why I said on the other
    thread I might not vote. Over 30M Christians didn't vote in 08 not even after
    Palin joined the ticket.

Yet, it will be a closer race too close to call.

Santorum's daughter sure was hott.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Help me out, the guy you described that would appeal to you out of current candidate is Romney, who is virtually the nominee. You don't think he'll appeal to the moderate conservatives?
    I think Romney has demonstrated that he is willing to abandon his principles if its politically advantageous, so while he may appeal to some moderates, I don't trust him to actually follow through on things he used to stand for (pro choice, non-theocratic decision making, etc) so frankly I don't see how he's an improvement on Obama who I also don't like, but for different reasons.

I view it as a choice between a used band aid sandwich and a steak sandwich that sat out overnight for 3 days. Technically one choice is better but I'm not rushing to embrace either.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?hdezsl
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

I think Romney has demonstrated that he is willing to abandon his principles if its politically advantageous, so while he may appeal to some moderates, I don't trust him to actually follow through on things he used to stand for (pro choice, non-theocratic decision making, etc) so frankly I don't see how he's an improvement on Obama who I also don't like, but for different reasons.
    I hear ya. Like I said earlier in the thread I am not a huge fan but the path this country is on has to change. So if that's Romney then so be it.

I view it as a choice between a used band aid sandwich and a steak sandwich that sat out overnight for 3 days. Technically one choice is better but I'm not rushing to embrace either.
    That's funny as hell

Blog Entries

Galen said he could live with Romney.

That should show you how liberal he really is.

The GOP's main problem isn't because Obama is this wonderful incumbent, who is unbeatable in November.

The GOP's main issue is the GOP. The party is incredibly fractured right now and, although it pains me to say, it's the conservatives who are mucking it up right now. Santorum is the perfect example.

The far right of the party have become so inflexible, they cannot see the forest through the trees. This was never the case in the late 80's and into the 90's. Candidates who represent the most extreme parts of their particular party rarely make it to the stage of the Presidency, (Reagan, Nixon, Carter and Obama not withstanding). It's unrealistic to assume that a far right candidate is going to unseat ANY incumbent. It's simply not in the realm of possibility. There must be a moderate candidate if the opposing party ever stands a chance.

We saw this play out in the micro in Delaware with Christine O'Donnell. The right had a sure winner in Michael Castle. But the conservatives in the state ran away from Castle, saying he "wasn't conservative enough" and elected O'Donnell in the primary. That same stubbornness is on display right now in the Presidential race.

Blog Entries

Exactly right.

That's what Spammy was talking about with the extreme righties like me. We're looking for
    a Ronald Reagan and there are none but wait a minute. Even Reagan raised taxes 13 times. We knew W wasn't a conservative and he proved it. So who are we supposed to believe. We made that mistake before by voting for him.

Romney is more liberal than W and OBUMMER CARE is patterned after ROMNEY CARE which
    has Mass in debt by billions more since its inactment. I can't believe him when he says
    he'll repeal OBY CARE because he has lied so much before.

The GOP will shoot itself in the foot once again. Conservatives need to break off with the
    Tea Party and form it's own party.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-04-2012 at 10:33 PM.

Another solid jobs report to be released on Friday regarding March job growth. ADP numbers came out above 200,000 again. Higher than expected. I am in Quito for the week with only a smartphone so no links from me.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Unemployment still above when Obama was elected. Gas prices going through the roof. About to have his signature and highly unpopular legislation overturned, and in the process showed his lack of knowledge of the Constitution. Submitted two budgets that garnered zero votes. Told the Russians to stay quiet until he gets re-elected so he can be more "flexible" about stabbing our allies in the back. Pissed off Canada so much by axing the Keystone Pipeline, and killing American jobs, that they will no longer supply their oil only to us AND will cease the discount that they gave us for buying it.

But hey Galen, if this jobs report is all you can cling to in order to feel good about your man, that's OK with me. Lord knows you don't want to highlight any of Obama's other job performances.
    Last edited by StingerNLG; 04-04-2012 at 10:54 PM.

Blog Entries

LOL - Galen missed this detail as he always omits the facts.

ECONOMIC RECOVERY. WHAT RECOVERY?

Meanwhile, unemployment remains unchanged for March at 8.3%, which is down only
    from 8.8% 12 months ago.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/mone...-recovery.html

Wait for the link the next time Galen.

BTW, I just saw two friends this week I haven't seen in a while. They're both unemployed
    and have been for a year. The guy looked down right bad and the girl is worried about
    being evicted. My cousin has been unemployed for 2 years.

There's still 15M Americans unemployed and another 15M with part time jobs because they
    can't get full time work.

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/3235...s-bernanke.htm
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-04-2012 at 11:02 PM.

Lol...nothing connies hate more than good news for america. By the way, just heard chevy volt starting up production a week earlier because of March demand? Any confirmation of this?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

No hate Galen. We're just laughing at you because you miss the facts that job growth
    was unchanged at 8.3%. That's not good news and the link shows it gets worse with
    the economy being "out of sync."

Here's the good news. OBYs illegal immigrant uncle(EVERYONE IN OBY'S FAMILY IS ILLEGAL
    BUT HIM, OF COURSE HE'S LEGAL) just got his driver's license back
    (UM, ALBEIT A LIMITED ONE) after
    entering a plea to drunken driving. Seems he fell within the criteria of Massachusetts.
    Hey - isn't that the state of ROMNEY CARE? Some weirdo things never change.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ad-after-plea/
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-05-2012 at 12:49 AM.