Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Romney vs Obama?

More good news for him.

PRAVDA endorses O'BUMMER - attacks Romney.

And you guys thought I was joking when I said liberals were
    commies.

http://www.topix.com/forum/world/rus...06DLHDP31JK251

Blog Entries

I have question (or two) since the media is tallking about a VP pick.

Who do you think Romney should pick as a VP (assuming Romney does get to 1144) and would the VP you think he should pick make you more likley to vote for him?

My pick would be Rubio or Huckabee (who I wanted to run for President).

I'm pulling for Rubio and I think he's the favorite.

Rubio is very popular in Florida and that's a key swing state. Much like with W back in 2000, it will balance out the ticket with a strong conservative.

No chance it's Huckabee. He offers nothing to the ticket in terms of any state that could be swayed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I'm pulling for Rubio and I think he's the favorite.

Rubio is very popular in Florida and that's a key swing state. Much like with W back in 2000, it will balance out the ticket with a strong conservative.

No chance it's Huckabee. He offers nothing to the ticket in terms of any state that could be swayed.
    I agree with that about Rubio and I've been paying attention to him for awhile. He aticulates conservatism well but is not a nut job like you ppointed out about O'donnell.

I disagree about Huckabee. Huckabee could help bring out the evangical vote that stayed home last election and at the same time is not so extreme he'll piss off the moderates.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I agree with that about Rubio and I've been paying attention to him for awhile. He aticulates conservatism well but is not a nut job like you ppointed out about O'donnell.

I disagree about Huckabee. Huckabee could help bring out the evangical vote that stayed home last election and at the same time is not so extreme he'll piss off the moderates.
    Huckabee doesn't bring a state to the table. Plus, the evangelical vote doesn't have much influence after the primaries.

Blog Entries

Huckabee doesn't bring a state to the table. Plus, the evangelical vote doesn't have much influence after the primaries.
    That all depends on what states those evangelicals live in. Iowa for example went for Obama last time, North Carolina went Obam last time...

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    That all depends on what states those evangelicals live in. Iowa for example went for Obama last time, North Carolina went Obam last time...
    You're making my point. Those states went to Obama last time and are leaning Obama now. Evangelicals aren't going to push it back to Romney. Independents will.

Agree to disagree. But I would bet my house there isn't one person in his camp pushing for Huckabee.

Blog Entries

You're making my point. Those states went to Obama last time and are leaning Obama now. Evangelicals aren't going to push it back to Romney. Independents will.

Agree to disagree. But I would bet my house there isn't one person in his camp pushing for Huckabee.
    I've seen all kinds of estimates of how many evangelicals stayed home the most consitant number I've found is about 7 million. Obama won NC by less than 14,000, Iowa by 170,00, Indiana by less than 28,000, FL by less than 200,000. I think it's a 50/50 bet at least that those states could have been won if th evangilicals voted. That wouldn't have won it for McCain but it would have been closer.

You may be right that no one is considering Huckabee. Can you think of anyone else that would appeal to evanglicals without pissiing off moderates?

Blog Entries

Rubio says thanks but no thanks. No VP!

Too bad. He would have helped with the hispanic vote but Romney
    got their vote in Florida while winning the state w/o Rubio.

Christie doesn't want it either.

Those southern states above usually vote GOP when there is a
    strong conservative candidate like Nixon and Reagan. Even Bush
    got the south.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1386139.html

TRIVIA:

Which president signed in the Environmental Protection Agency?

Answer: Richard Nixon.

Which president signed in the mother of all environmental bills and is still used today to stop drilling - The Environmental Policy Act?

ANSWER: Nixon.

Which President finally implemented the Civil Rights Act after
    the SC upheld it when he could have stopped it?

Nixon

http://www.historylink.org/index.cfm...m&file_id=5615
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-05-2012 at 11:16 AM.

I don't think an evangelical type VP candidate is even on Romneys radar.

He needs to win two of three out of Florida, NC and Ohio if he hopes to win. Rubio gives him Florida. And he's moderate enough that he can grab up the Indy vote in the other two.

His pick will be about electoral math, not any particular ideology.

And I'm not buying (yet) Rubio has ruled it out.

Blog Entries

You're right. Evangelicals won't vote for Romney because he's a Mormon and they consider it a cult. He also said he's not going to attack OBY just to placate conservatives.

The head of the Southern Baptist Convention said on TV that 30M Christians stayed home in the 08 election.

Blog Entries

I don't think an evangelical type VP candidate is even on Romneys radar.

He needs to win two of three out of Florida, NC and Ohio if he hopes to win. Rubio gives him Florida. And he's moderate enough that he can grab up the Indy vote in the other two.

His pick will be about electoral math, not any particular ideology.

And I'm not buying (yet) Rubio has ruled it out.
    One may not be on his radar, just wondering if you think there is one that could get both? IMO, that would be Huckabee.

Rubio, is doing what everyone does, says no but I think he'd take it unless something happens that virtually assures Mitt loses. He wouldn't want to have on his record a failed VP run.