Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 119
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tenuous
    Posts
    4,920


    You guys practicing an Abbott and Costello routine?

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk








  2. #92
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Romney vs Obama?

    Of course the Mormon site says that. That's what I've been saying And that Mormon site is wrong because the Bible doesn't say they are brothers - PERIOD!

    God created everyone and everything. That does not mean they are brothers.




  3. #93
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,734

    Re: Romney vs Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Of course the Mormon site says that. That's what I've been saying And that Mormon site is wrong because the Bible doesn't say they are brothers - PERIOD!

    God created everyone and everything. That does not mean they are brothers.


    Trap.... lets see if you can see the point of what they're saying.

    You believe God created the world, everything in it including you and I, and because of that do you believe you and I are brothers?




  4. #94
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Romney vs Obama?

    You're exactly right Galen. This looks like their comedy routine.He said he was done a long time ago. Even sent me a PM that he was done but wanted me to edit or apologize so I did the Christian thing and apologized. That's probably the only Christian act on the thread.

    Now I apologize to the entire forum for getting baited into this crap. We had this discussion on SCOUT years ago and it was nothing
    like this.

    I thought we were done. This is why I made the statement I did. He's defending what they believe. I was wrong but thats why I did it.

    We did God a dis-service on this thread. May God have mercy on our souls.

    Like my wise brother always says, why even argue about it.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-09-2012 at 03:58 PM.




  5. #95
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,469
    Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    You guys practicing an Abbott and Costello routine?
    about the only time we'd ever agree.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  6. #96
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Romney vs Obama?

    Of course, your boys hatred of God and religion and a certain's one's hatred for me enters the
    forum.

    I tried to joke along with Galen and admitted I should have stayed out of it.

    BTW Galen - why didn't you counter Stinger's chart and his statement how you cherry
    pick. Hmmmmmmm.

    Instead you just rip us. It's easier to do.

    Talk about a comedy routine, your own profession doesn't respect you.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-10-2012 at 06:49 PM.




  7. #97
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tenuous
    Posts
    4,920

    Re: Romney vs Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    You're exactly right Galen. This looks like their comedy routine.He said he was done a long time ago. Even sent me a PM that he was done but wanted me to edit or apologize so I did the Christian thing and apologized. That's probably the only Christian act on the thread.

    Now I apologize to the entire forum for getting baited into this crap. We had this discussion on SCOUT years ago and it was nothing
    like this.

    I thought we were done. This is why I made the statement I did. He's defending what they believe. I was wrong but thats why I did it.

    We did God a dis-service on this thread. May God have mercy on our souls.

    Like my wise brother always says, why even argue about it.
    You have to know when to hold them and when to fold them with NC. Just walk away from it.








  8. #98
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tenuous
    Posts
    4,920

    Re: Romney vs Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    BTW Galen - why didn't you counter Stinger's chart and his statement how you cherry
    pick. Hmmmmmmm.

    Instead you just rip us. It's easier to do.

    Talk about a comedy routine, your own profession doesn't respect you.
    Stinger is a one-line wonder kid around here. He needs to study Sirdowski who, while being romantic and poetic about mythology, still impresses me with his writing.








  9. #99
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Romney vs Obama?

    You're right about NC. I should have known that early on.

    Usually, I'm on his side. I just wasn't thinking and was blind sided when he
    called me out that he was one too.

    Speaking of Sirdowski, he was the only other Christian I knew in here besides Greg.
    For years, it was just Greg and I discussing religious topics and usually disagreeing
    going back a decade on Scout. Sirdowski came in and I knew he was one right away.
    I just didn't think there were any others based on posts going back years.



    I thought I was the one line wonder-lol.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-10-2012 at 11:22 PM.




  10. #100
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,734

    Re: Romney vs Obama?

    Is this thread really still going on?

    Trap, I never asked you to apologize. I asked you to prove your claim about me saying I don't believe in God or go back and edit it to take the claim out.

    Can I make a request and trash heap this thing?




  11. #101
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,469

    Re: Romney vs Obama?

    Let's see about getting back on track first.

    Well, you called it NC. Looks like Mitt and Huck are BFF's and may run together ....

    http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...tts-bff-and-vp
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  12. #102
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,734

    Re: Romney vs Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Let's see about getting back on track first.

    Well, you called it NC. Looks like Mitt and Huck are BFF's and may run together ....

    http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...tts-bff-and-vp
    Interesting. A few things about this, 1 you rarely see a ticket with two Governors on a ticket. And 2, foreign policy would be lacking with a ticket like this.

    Like you said the party is fractured right now. So just like a presidential nominee isn't going to satisfy everyone, neither will a VP. The question then becomes who satisfies the most. Is that Huckabee, or Rubio or...?




  13. #103
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,469

    Re: Romney vs Obama?

    The more I read about Nikki Haley, the more I like.

    Still very early though. If I were running his campaign, I'd tell him to wait until the convention to make the announcement, whomever he chooses.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  14. #104
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,734

    Re: Romney vs Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    The more I read about Nikki Haley, the more I like.

    Still very early though. If I were running his campaign, I'd tell him to wait until the convention to make the announcement, whomever he chooses.
    I'll admit I know very little about her. I heard she has a pretty low approval rating in her state.

    It is early, too early. I would definitely wait till closer to the convention, try to get as many people on board now and wait to see who hasn't come over yet and get a VP to pick up the rest.




  15. #105
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tenuous
    Posts
    4,920

    Re: Romney vs Obama?

    Nikki Haley has too much baggage. The only reason Romney would pick her would be to try to stop the bleeding from the very important woman vote where he is getting slaughtered right now. Haley's comment that "women don't care about contraception" might appeal to the subservient evangelical wives but not to the broader female population that Romney needs to gain about another 7-8 points. Romney needs to get Ryan to be his V.P. Ryan is the only conservative politician I have heard who can almost make the case for the Republican House budget to the indepedent moderate voter. This is one of the few areas where Romney could gain votes on Obama. I don't think Ryan will partner up with Romney though as he is young with potential and his political future is brighter in 2016 as far as the Presidential/VP game.

    If not Ryan, my bet is that Romney picks someone currently not on the radar that was an advisor to "W" somewhere. Karl Rove will have a lot of input into his decision. To think Haley has even a remote chance is akin to thinking Bachman and Perry ever had a chance in hell.








Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland