Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 119
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,742

    Re: Romney vs Obama?



    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Still in self denial. Again, I took info directly from the sources they use. An operation by the US Army vs the Mormons is in all the history books. It's spelled out in detail above. Another board member brought up the seering scam and my history professor called Smith the town drunk. It was reasons like these and their beliefs and polygamy which Smith preached and practiced as early as 1830 as to why they were run out of NY.
    I'll admit I was misinformed about polygamy in their religion. I thought it was not picked up till they were forced from NY. So I talked to a Mormon friend to get more info. Before the trek out to Utah it was practiced by so few it was less than 10%. You say Smith himself preached it, I have no way of knowing that for certain but he admitted to having his reservations about it after having said to be visited by an angel who told him not to.

    Does that make them less of a Christian? Some early Christians believed in sacrifice, does that make them less of a Christian? My point is peoples views change...

    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    All you can say is I'm so far off.
    Yes, I can say that because you are arguing from the standpoint that your views are 100% correct and superior to anyone who doesn't share them.

    You are off by saying Mormons are "Satan worshipers" why because they have suns and stars on their temple? Why do they celebrate Easter? Why do they celebrate Christmas?

    You also said they "don't use the cross because they don't believe in death" which I proved was not true.

    You also said they don't believe in Jesus like "we do" I don't know what this we shit is all about, you got a turd in your pocket or something? Fact is Mormons believe in Jesus almost exactly like "we do" http://mormon.org/faq/belief-in-jesus-christ/

    You're also off because you don't know the difference between a cult and a religion. You think anyone who doesn't believe in Jesus like you do is a cult.
    http://www.differencebetween.net/mis...-and-religion/
    Cult ‘“ a new religious movement that has a limited number of followers and whose practices may or may not be mysterious and possible unsavory.
    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Like Galen - you'll never change your mind and I'm not trying to, just letting the rest of the forum know what they believe in and why millions of Christians won't vote for Romney because he's a member of a cult who said the Bible is in error and can't be depended on as the sole guide. My info was complete with links and references spelling out the truth.
    I'm glad you finally admitted that you won't vote for him because he's a Mormon.

    And as I said Trap, they believe in the Bible they use the Kings James Bible like I am sure you do. They just believe in they just believe the "BOM" says what happened in the rest of the world the bible does not talk about.

    And the"truth"? According to whom your Pastor Bob?

    Your views on Mormonism as some kinda of cult or satan worshipers remind me of the Mom from Stephen Kings movie "Carrie". What's funny is how you mock their beliefs when you have some strange ones of your own, don't you believe the Earth was created before the universe?

    Tell me Trap, as a Christian and a follower of Jesus wouldn't he frown upon on you judging of others? Isn't that up to him and God?


    One thing I want to know Trap, Baptist or Southern Baptist?
    Last edited by NCRAVEN; 04-06-2012 at 10:09 PM.




  2. #77
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Romney vs Obama?

    All you can say is I'm so far off.
    Yes, I can say that because you are arguing from the standpoint that your views are 100% correct and superior to anyone who doesn't share them.
    _______________________________________________

    You just admitted on being wrong on polygammy. I also proved you wrong on the BOM quoting Smith as saying the Bible was full of errors and couldn't be trusted as a sole guide. Until Mormans accept God's word as the only word they will not be saved. I also showed where the BOM was changed over 3900 times because of errors in it.

    I said I might not vote for Romney because of his politics. I still might vote for him.
    I will vote for him if he's close enough to beat OBY. I said I don't believe anything he says
    because he's lied so much which coincides with the founder of his cult lying to 13M Mormons
    world wide that he is a prophet and Messiah but not voting for him has nothing to do with
    Mormonism.


    ________________________________________
    And the"truth"? According to whom your Pastor Bob?
    __________________________________
    Man, you're really twisting things around. I said Pastor Craig. I've only been going to his
    church for a short time so I don't know what he's said about it. We disagree on
    dispensation so we'll probably disagree on this too.

    I grew up in an independent non-denominational church. My brother is Reformed Presbyterian
    minister or was.

    No Southern Baptists for me and when my parent's had a friend for dinner who was one I
    grilled him and he even admitted how bad and far off they went in the 60s and 70s
    with ecumenicalism and the world council of churches but thought they had improved by the 90s. I disagreed.

    I did go to a Southern Baptist Church once or twice when I lived in Atlanta. In Bmore they have nothing but Catholic churches but there they have nothing but southern baptist churches.
    I went once or twice and the pastor tried to get me to join. I said how can you get me
    to join when you know nothing about me and I know nothing about you. I visited my last church for 6 years before I joined. He just turned around and walked away. A lot of those
    churches had 2-3,000 people in the morning and absolutely none in the evening. Our church
    was packed in the morning and evening. I always thought Southern Baptists were shallow.

    _________________________
    What's funny is how you mock their beliefs when you have some strange ones of your own, don't you believe the Earth was created before the universe?
    _________________________________________

    I did laugh when the Mormon Doctrine says on p.20 the Garden of Eden was in
    Jackson county, Missouri. That was funny. The other points were on their erroneous
    beliefs tha the Bible has erors and cannot stand up by itself when their BOM has been
    changed 3900 times because of errors with spelling mistakes that was
    down right embarrassing. That was funny. So was Smith's seering scam when he duped
    NY farmers and was run out of town. You said he was run out of town strictly for his
    beliefs. It was more than that.

    As far as any superiority, I've been studying this my entire adult life so I know I'm right.
    I made some minor mistakes but like I keep saying, I used sources directly from their
    discourses, doctrines and BOM.

    You're really reaching to bring up a point from another thread but I went according
    to what the Bible says that half the civilized world believes in but you don't and you didn't
    mind Spammy the Athiest calling the Bible hog wash on that creation thread.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-07-2012 at 07:03 AM.




  3. #78
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,063
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Romney vs Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post

    Like Galen - you'll never change your mind and I'm not trying to, just letting the
    rest of the forum know what they believe in and why millions of Christians won't vote for Romney because he's a member of a cult who said the Bible is in error and can't be depended
    on as the sole guide.
    When JFK ran for President he had the same issues and had to declare and show he was an American first and Catholic second
    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...oryId=16920600
    I believe in an America where the separation of church and state is absolute, where no Catholic prelate would tell the president (should he be Catholic) how to act,
    But then this wasn't new, when Catholic immigrants arrived in the USA many felt they would be taking orders from Rome and so were treated with suspicion.

    Religion is a private business, judge the candidate on their qualities.




  4. #79
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Romney vs Obama?

    Kennedy couldn't have cared less about Catholicism. He and Bobby banged Marilyn Monroe at the same
    time plus many others just like their old man who took movie stars from his pal Howard Hughes. A good Catholic in 1960 wouldn't have done that.


    THINGS ARE NOT WHAT THEY SEEM IN CAMELOT. JACKIE KENNEDY




  5. #80
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,063
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Romney vs Obama?

    Still got questioned about his religion by the WASP establishment though




  6. #81
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,512

    Re: Romney vs Obama?

    The lefts idea of a "humming" economy. Those out of the labor force is at an all time high .....

    http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/series/LNS15000000
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  7. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Yea, last I checked unemployment was still a big problem, taxes are as high as ever, the housing market is still pretty crappy, and gas prices are higher than they've been in some parts of American since 2007 timeframe.
    Galen likes to cherry pick anything that might look good in order to make it look like the President is doing awesome, but in his March jobs report he doesn't show (as Liberals often don't) that the reason jobless claims went down is because more people are giving up trying to find a job. There are now 88 million people not in the workforce.



    So yipee, 120,000 people got hired, lower than expected and still above 8% which Obama promised to have under. I'm sure that makes the other 7.9 million people and everyone else pinching pennies and paying 4-5 bucks a gallon for gas just overjoyed.




  8. #83
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,742

    Re: Romney vs Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    As far as any superiority, I've been studying this my entire adult life so I know I'm right.
    I made some minor mistakes but like I keep saying, I used sources directly from their
    discourses, doctrines and BOM.
    So you've been researching this your whole life and know you're right? Yet you've made errors?

    Sorry Trap. I was wrong (to a degree) about polygamy, you were wrong about the cross, not believing in Jesus, being "Satan Worshipers" etc.

    I am glad you think you're right, that's important to you about your views, but judging others for what they believe? I find Mormons way more tolerant of others views than you are of theirs. How does that saying go judge not lest ye be judged?




  9. #84
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,742

    Re: Romney vs Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Galen likes to cherry pick anything that might look good in order to make it look like the President is doing awesome, but in his March jobs report he doesn't show (as Liberals often don't) that the reason jobless claims went down is because more people are giving up trying to find a job. There are now 88 million people not in the workforce.



    So yipee, 120,000 people got hired,
    lower than expected and still above 8% which Obama promised to have under. I'm sure that makes the other 7.9 million people and everyone else pinching pennies and paying 4-5 bucks a gallon for gas just overjoyed.
    Know how I know BHO is full of shit? Cause he comes out and applauds that.




  10. #85
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Romney vs Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    So you've been researching this your whole life and know you're right? Yet you've made errors?

    Sorry Trap. I was wrong (to a degree) about polygamy, you were wrong about the cross, not believing in Jesus, being "Satan Worshipers" etc.

    Stop twisting things around. You've been doing it for two days now. I said they didn't believe in Jesus like
    we do. That's why the Mormons walked out of my house when I asked them to accept him. While they say
    the believe in Jesus they believe he is the brother of Lucifer. The Bible doesn't say that. It says Jesus
    was the only begotten son of God. They don't believe in the trinity of the 3 God head - God, Son and
    the holy Ghost/Spirt. I posted two links showing those are recognized satanic symbols on their temple.
    Here's yet another link showing these as recognized satanic symbols including Baal's Sun God whom
    God admonished. The scripture verses I posted above explains all that but of course you don't believe
    in scripture verse. These are the same symbols on their building(s).

    http://a-voice-in-wilderness.blogspo...-in-world.html

    That coincides with their belief that Lucifer was Christ's brother which the Bible doesn't say. Stop
    distorting what was said. You're still reaching for straws.



    I am glad you think you're right, that's important to you about your views, but judging others for what they believe? I find Mormons way more tolerant of others views than you are of theirs. How does that saying go judge not lest ye be judged?

    God is doing the judging as he judged Smith and Young for all those wives they had plus all the other
    Mormons. I didn't just any one person. I'm saying the same about as atheists that don't believe in
    Christ.
    You need to worry about God judging you and even if I'm wrong on the symbols, that's just a small
    fraction of all the points you were proven wrong on.


    I just found this which explains what I've been saying for two days about what Mormons actually
    believe in Christ. Hope this helps but I'm sure it wont.


    What Mormons and Christians believe about salvation

    Mormons

    Mormons believe that all men are saved from suffering through Jesus Christ's death on the cross. This thereby states that all men are redeemed from their sin and can all achieve the great reward of heaven.

    Christians

    Christians believe that Jesus Christ, God's son, died on the cross for the world's sins, but there is another very important step. In order to become a Christian, one must accept Jesus Christ as his or her personal Savior. This step is not respected by the Mormons.
    That's why the two Mormons walked out of my house. They wouldn't accept Christ which you don't
    understand because you won't either.


    That's why God will judge you. I'm trying to reach you man, not judge you. I'm probably the last
    person you'll ever hear this from before you die. My next door neighbor heard it from me last
    summer and accepted Christ. Three weeks later he died of cancer and I was just talking to his
    wife this morning about it and she's receptive. He told her what he did.


    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-07-2012 at 02:06 PM.




  11. #86
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,742

    Re: Romney vs Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    You need to worry about God judging you and even if I'm wrong on the symbols, that's just a small
    fraction of all the points you were proven wrong on.

    I just found this which explains what I've been saying for two days about what Mormons actually
    believe in Christ. Hope this helps but I'm sure it wont.


    What Mormons and Christians believe about salvation

    Mormons

    Mormons believe that all men are saved from suffering through Jesus Christ's death on the cross. This thereby states that all men are redeemed from their sin and can all achieve the great reward of heaven.

    Christians

    Christians believe that Jesus Christ, God's son, died on the cross for the world's sins, but there is another very important step. In order to become a Christian, one must accept Jesus Christ as his or her personal Savior. This step is not respected by the Mormons.
    That's why the two Mormons walked out of my house. They wouldn't accept Christ which you don't
    understand because you won't either.


    That's why God will judge you. I'm trying to reach you man, not judge you. I'm probably the last
    person you'll ever hear this from before you die. My next door neighbor heard it from me last
    summer and accepted Christ. Three weeks later he died of cancer and I was just talking to his
    wife this morning about it and she's receptive. He told her what he did.
    Trap you are wrong. Flat out no two ways about it wrong.
    Mormons do believe in The Father the son and the Holy Ghost.
    The Holy Ghost is a member of the Godhead, along with God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ.
    They do believe Jesus is their savior
    Jesus Christ, Our Savior
    Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world and the Son of God. He is our Redeemer
    They don't think Lucifer and Jesus are brothers, anymore than you or I are
    God created both Satan and Jesus, and in that respect, they are brothers. But in that respect, every person who ever lived is a brother or sister to every other person, because we are all children of God. If we are all God’s children, then we are siblings to every child of God. It no more demeans Jesus to be Satan’s spirit brother than it does for any of us to be related to evil people who have lived on the earth.
    So lets recap.
    You've been wrong about:
    Why they don't use the cross.
    That they don't believe in the holy trinity
    That they don't accept Jesus as their savior
    That they don't accept the bible, the just believe the BOM talks about what went on in the rest of the world
    That they lock you in a house for 2 weeks to convert you.

    You've been right about:
    Polygamy as in early practice
    That they do baptize the dead (that one is a little weird to me to, but hey who am I to judge)

    You say they're Satan worshipers because of the symbols? They mean lots of things to lots of different people. As Solo pointed out about the upside down cross (Which they don't use) And the pentagram which was not associated with Satanism or witchcraft till about the 1600's, so just forget about the symbols

    They are not a cult by the original definition (limited number of followers) or the modern (engaging in obscene and harmful practices) you could maybe say the baptizing the dead but that is not harmful, obscene would be up to each individuals opinion.
    Last edited by NCRAVEN; 04-07-2012 at 04:54 PM.




  12. #87
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Romney vs Obama?

    You have no idea what you're talking about. I have dealt with them 1 on 1 in person and they don't
    receive Christ. I showed thru yet another link that they don't receive Christ. They believe in him but they
    believe he is the brother of Lucifer, another Smith lie. You don't know any of that stuff, not the BOM where you were wrong, not the seering scam, not the golden plates, not the trinity. You had no idea what that was until I told you what they believe in.

    No Christian can say they believe in Christ and then say he's Lucifer's brother. Christ came to destroy sin and in Revelation he will destroy Lucifer forever.


    In this link they admit they believe they're brothers but once again they deceive saying every Christian believes it. Again John 3:16 says Jesus is the only begotten Son of God. The only one. Jesus was not created as Satan was. Jesus will destroy Lucifer at the end of Revelation.

    So once again, NC has no idea what he is talking about and he keeps twisting my words around and lying about what I said.

    He has made this personal attacking me. I've used their doctrines, discourses and BOM to back my points up. He can't match that. Just say I'm wrong.

    Here's the link of a Mormon admitting they're brothers and no, everyone doesn't believe this. Only them.
    He asks how is Christ the only begotten son: BECAUSE GOD SAID SO. HE DIDN'T SAY THAT ABOUT LUCIFER.

    http://grayknight.hubpages.com/hub/b...christandsatan

    Here's another link showing their differences complaint with sources. They do not believe
    in the Trinity. They make each one out to be separate. Article of Faith p.35.

    Mormons believe "Christ was begotten by an Immortal Father in the same way that mortal men are begotten by mortal fathers" (Mormon Doctrine, by Bruce McConkie, p. 547).


    http://carm.org/comparison-between-c...ormon-doctrine


    You haven't proven one thing right. You keep lying about what I said and twisting my words around. I never said they don't believe in the cross. I said they don't believe like we do. They don't accept Christ as Lord and savior. I never said they worshipped Satan, just showed the satanic symbols on their buildings. No one gets into the temple w/o a photo ID.


    As a result of your lack of proof on what you say, you have no credibility.

    You're the atheist so is doesn't matter to you who goes to heaven because you don't even believe in it.
    You've stated before you didn't believe in God.

    You said two days ago you were going to quit. You're just arguing over who is right. For the last two days all you could say is I'm so far off.


    As my little pal festus said, I'm just gonna be the better man here and let you have the last word. You're arguing like a child and keeping it up after you said you were stopping 2 days ago, just like a child.

    I showed why millions of Christians won't vote for Romney because he belongs to a cult and they will keep the GOP from winning yet another election. Ten - 30M Christians won't vote because they believe like me but

    I still might vote him if I think he can beat OBY.

    Finally, Joseph Smith with his own set of doctrines and even its own book, the Book of Mormon, in addition to the Bible. That by definition is a theological cult.”

    You've stated before you didn't believe in God and they won't tell you everything they believe until you're locked up in that safe house was like my cousin was in.

    You haven't stated anything from their articles of faith, discourses, doctrine or BOM as I
    have. You just disagree with me. That's no credibility for you.

    I'm gonna have me some real fun and pile on Galen with the rest of the guys.

    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-09-2012 at 04:31 AM.




  13. #88
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,742

    Re: Romney vs Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    You have no idea what you're talking about. I have dealt with them 1 on 1 in person and they don't receive Christ. I showed thru yet another link that they don't receive Christ. They believe in him but they believe he is the brother of Lucifer, another Smith lie. You don't know any of that stuff, not the BOM where you were wrong, not the seering scam, not the golden plates, not the trinity. You had no idea what that was until I told you what they believe in.
    I have no idea what I am talking about? You dealt with them 1 on 1? What 40 years ago?'

    Trap you've claimed all kinds of crap where you find obscure links of people that go out of their way to take half-truths and misconceptions to paint Mormons as "A Cult" or "Satan worshipers" e.g."they believe Lucifer and Jesus are brothers"

    I know many many Mormons, I lived in Utah for 6 months where the population of Mormons is 80%, you don't think I talked about their beliefs? I got some of the information I've provided on this thread FROM a MORMON, have you provided that to me?

    I provided you links from their Churches website, PROVING most your claims wrong or that you where misinformed And all you have to come back with is, I don't know what I am talking about - good one


    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    You're the atheist so is doesn't matter to you who goes to heaven because you don't even believe in it.
    I've stated NOTHING about what I believe, just that you are wrong or misinformed about what you think you know about Mormons.

    This is why so many people have a hard time with the republican party, because if you don't believe EXACTLY as the hardcore uncompromising religious people do, you're an atheist and going to hell.

    Unfortunately, people confuse your intolerance with the entire party...

    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    You said two days ago you were going to quit. You're just arguing over who is right. For the last two days all you could say is I'm so far off.
    Yes, and I did that because you are "so far off" that I didn't want to go down this road. You can go two post up where I showed you how wrong you are, but please by all means tell me "I don't know what I am talking about" and that I am "an atheist"

    Hey Trap... looks it's Mitt Romney
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 04-08-2012 at 06:16 AM.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  14. #89
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Romney vs Obama?

    Look above man. I added a link where a Mormon says she believes Christ and Lucifer were brothers and she says all Chrsitians
    beleive that - another Mormon deceipt. Here's the quote again from the link and again she says every one does believes
    in the Bible. WRONG AGAIN.


    Well, yes. We do believe that Jesus Christ and Satan are brothers. But so does anyone who believes in the Bible.



    I will also publicly apologize out of our old friendship for saying you were an atheist. I thought I remembered you saying you didn't
    believe in God that but can't find it. I have a pretty good memory but I'm not above apologizing if I'm wrong.

    So if you are not an atheist, please accept my apology for saying that.

    I stand by all other statements complete with links. In at least two situations Mormons did not physically receive Christ
    as their Lord and Savior. On the second one, someone did want to but his Mormon friends stopped him. God will hold them
    accountable and they will burn in hell for keeping someone from getting saved.

    You really should have stopped when you said you were going to 3 days ago.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-09-2012 at 02:04 PM.




  15. #90
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,742

    Re: Romney vs Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Look above man. I added a link where a Mormon says she believes Christ and Lucifer were brothers and she says all Chrsitians
    beleive that - another Mormon deceipt. Here's the quote again from the link and again she says every one does believes in the Bible. WRONG AGAIN.


    Well, yes. We do believe that Jesus Christ and Satan are brothers. But so does anyone who believes in the Bible.


    I will also publicly apologize out of our old friendship for saying you were an atheist. I thought I remembered you saying you didn't believe in God that but can't find it. I have a pretty good memory but I'm not above apologizing if I'm wrong.

    So if you are not an atheist, please accept my apology for saying that.

    I stand by all other statements complete with links.
    Thanks for the apology, cause I never said that. However you are still misrepresenting things. That quote is taken out of context.

    Here from the CHURCHES website on this issue.
    http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/articl...esus-and-satan
    The Apostle Paul wrote that God is the Father of all. This means that all intelligent beings were created by God and are His spirit children. Christ alone, however, is the only begotten Son of God, the Savior and Redeemer of mankind.
    And as I pointed out above.
    http://mormonchurch.com/587/do-mormo...n-are-brothers
    God created both Satan and Jesus, and in that respect, they are brothers. But in that respect, every person who ever lived is a brother or sister to every other person, because we are all children of God. If we are all God’s children, then we are siblings to every child of God. It no more demeans Jesus to be Satan’s spirit brother than it does for any of us to be related to evil people who have lived on the earth.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland