Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 119
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,742

    Re: Romney vs Obama?



    Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    I think Romney has demonstrated that he is willing to abandon his principles if its politically advantageous, so while he may appeal to some moderates, I don't trust him to actually follow through on things he used to stand for (pro choice, non-theocratic decision making, etc) so frankly I don't see how he's an improvement on Obama who I also don't like, but for different reasons.
    I hear ya. Like I said earlier in the thread I am not a huge fan but the path this country is on has to change. So if that's Romney then so be it.

    Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    I view it as a choice between a used band aid sandwich and a steak sandwich that sat out overnight for 3 days. Technically one choice is better but I'm not rushing to embrace either.
    That's funny as hell




  2. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Romney vs Obama?

    Galen said he could live with Romney.

    That should show you how liberal he really is.




  3. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,504

    Re: Romney vs Obama?

    The GOP's main problem isn't because Obama is this wonderful incumbent, who is unbeatable in November.

    The GOP's main issue is the GOP. The party is incredibly fractured right now and, although it pains me to say, it's the conservatives who are mucking it up right now. Santorum is the perfect example.

    The far right of the party have become so inflexible, they cannot see the forest through the trees. This was never the case in the late 80's and into the 90's. Candidates who represent the most extreme parts of their particular party rarely make it to the stage of the Presidency, (Reagan, Nixon, Carter and Obama not withstanding). It's unrealistic to assume that a far right candidate is going to unseat ANY incumbent. It's simply not in the realm of possibility. There must be a moderate candidate if the opposing party ever stands a chance.

    We saw this play out in the micro in Delaware with Christine O'Donnell. The right had a sure winner in Michael Castle. But the conservatives in the state ran away from Castle, saying he "wasn't conservative enough" and elected O'Donnell in the primary. That same stubbornness is on display right now in the Presidential race.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  4. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Romney vs Obama?

    Exactly right.

    That's what Spammy was talking about with the extreme righties like me. We're looking for
    a Ronald Reagan and there are none but wait a minute. Even Reagan raised taxes 13 times. We knew W wasn't a conservative and he proved it. So who are we supposed to believe. We made that mistake before by voting for him.

    Romney is more liberal than W and OBUMMER CARE is patterned after ROMNEY CARE which
    has Mass in debt by billions more since its inactment. I can't believe him when he says
    he'll repeal OBY CARE because he has lied so much before.

    The GOP will shoot itself in the foot once again. Conservatives need to break off with the
    Tea Party and form it's own party.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-04-2012 at 10:33 PM.




  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tenuous
    Posts
    4,920
    Another solid jobs report to be released on Friday regarding March job growth. ADP numbers came out above 200,000 again. Higher than expected. I am in Quito for the week with only a smartphone so no links from me.

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk








  6. #21
    Unemployment still above when Obama was elected. Gas prices going through the roof. About to have his signature and highly unpopular legislation overturned, and in the process showed his lack of knowledge of the Constitution. Submitted two budgets that garnered zero votes. Told the Russians to stay quiet until he gets re-elected so he can be more "flexible" about stabbing our allies in the back. Pissed off Canada so much by axing the Keystone Pipeline, and killing American jobs, that they will no longer supply their oil only to us AND will cease the discount that they gave us for buying it.

    But hey Galen, if this jobs report is all you can cling to in order to feel good about your man, that's OK with me. Lord knows you don't want to highlight any of Obama's other job performances.
    Last edited by StingerNLG; 04-04-2012 at 10:54 PM.




  7. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Romney vs Obama?

    LOL - Galen missed this detail as he always omits the facts.

    ECONOMIC RECOVERY. WHAT RECOVERY?
    __________________________________________
    However, Federal Reserve policymakers cautioned that recent solid gains in hiring could fizzle if U.S. economic growth remains "out of sync."
    ____________________________________________

    Meanwhile, unemployment remains unchanged for March at 8.3%, which is down only
    from 8.8% 12 months ago.

    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/mone...-recovery.html

    Wait for the link the next time Galen.

    BTW, I just saw two friends this week I haven't seen in a while. They're both unemployed
    and have been for a year. The guy looked down right bad and the girl is worried about
    being evicted. My cousin has been unemployed for 2 years.

    There's still 15M Americans unemployed and another 15M with part time jobs because they
    can't get full time work.


    http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/3235...s-bernanke.htm
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-04-2012 at 11:02 PM.




  8. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tenuous
    Posts
    4,920
    Lol...nothing connies hate more than good news for america. By the way, just heard chevy volt starting up production a week earlier because of March demand? Any confirmation of this?

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk








  9. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Romney vs Obama?

    No hate Galen. We're just laughing at you because you miss the facts that job growth
    was unchanged at 8.3%. That's not good news and the link shows it gets worse with
    the economy being "out of sync."

    Here's the good news. OBYs illegal immigrant uncle(EVERYONE IN OBY'S FAMILY IS ILLEGAL
    BUT HIM, OF COURSE HE'S LEGAL) just got his driver's license back
    (UM, ALBEIT A LIMITED ONE) after
    entering a plea to drunken driving. Seems he fell within the criteria of Massachusetts.
    Hey - isn't that the state of ROMNEY CARE? Some weirdo things never change.





    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ad-after-plea/
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-05-2012 at 12:49 AM.




  10. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Romney vs Obama?

    More good news for him.

    PRAVDA endorses O'BUMMER - attacks Romney.

    And you guys thought I was joking when I said liberals were
    commies.


    http://www.topix.com/forum/world/rus...06DLHDP31JK251




  11. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,742

    Re: Romney vs Obama?

    I have question (or two) since the media is tallking about a VP pick.

    Who do you think Romney should pick as a VP (assuming Romney does get to 1144) and would the VP you think he should pick make you more likley to vote for him?

    My pick would be Rubio or Huckabee (who I wanted to run for President).




  12. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,504

    Re: Romney vs Obama?

    I'm pulling for Rubio and I think he's the favorite.

    Rubio is very popular in Florida and that's a key swing state. Much like with W back in 2000, it will balance out the ticket with a strong conservative.

    No chance it's Huckabee. He offers nothing to the ticket in terms of any state that could be swayed.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  13. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,742

    Re: Romney vs Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I'm pulling for Rubio and I think he's the favorite.

    Rubio is very popular in Florida and that's a key swing state. Much like with W back in 2000, it will balance out the ticket with a strong conservative.

    No chance it's Huckabee. He offers nothing to the ticket in terms of any state that could be swayed.
    I agree with that about Rubio and I've been paying attention to him for awhile. He aticulates conservatism well but is not a nut job like you ppointed out about O'donnell.

    I disagree about Huckabee. Huckabee could help bring out the evangical vote that stayed home last election and at the same time is not so extreme he'll piss off the moderates.




  14. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,504

    Re: Romney vs Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I agree with that about Rubio and I've been paying attention to him for awhile. He aticulates conservatism well but is not a nut job like you ppointed out about O'donnell.

    I disagree about Huckabee. Huckabee could help bring out the evangical vote that stayed home last election and at the same time is not so extreme he'll piss off the moderates.
    Huckabee doesn't bring a state to the table. Plus, the evangelical vote doesn't have much influence after the primaries.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  15. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,742

    Re: Romney vs Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Huckabee doesn't bring a state to the table. Plus, the evangelical vote doesn't have much influence after the primaries.
    That all depends on what states those evangelicals live in. Iowa for example went for Obama last time, North Carolina went Obam last time...




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland