Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 49 to 60 of 96
  1. #49

    Re: Does anyone think Ray Rice could hold out?



    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I don't know...I consider myself to be a much bigger fan of the laundry than the players and I think some of you get too attached to some of them. When things like this happen it's a bunch of blame being put on other people.
    That's the truth.

    There is one things that will make me sentimentally attached to a player:
    1. Be nice, when the situation arises, to my son.

    I'm a big fan of Joe Flacco and former Ravens Haruki Nakamura and Matt Katula, among others, for doing that. Flacco in particular was outstanding in the way he dealt with people, including my kid.

    I could give or take Ray Rice, who we've never met.
    Festivus

    His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.




  2. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,232
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Does anyone think Ray Rice could hold out?

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I don't know...I consider myself to be a much bigger fan of the laundry than the players and I think some of you get too attached to some of them. When things like this happen it's a bunch of blame being put on other people.
    I disagree personally, it's the players who define that uniform. Look at Ray Lewis who has been a Raven since 1996! There are some players I could care less about who are obviously here for the money and don't really care about being a raven like Bryant McKinnie. But most of our starting players are either players who where drafted by us, or are modest players who wanted to come to Baltimore because of the reputation we have over money. I look at players like Yanda who took a pay cut to remain a Raven, how can you not get attached to players like that? I think if your a fan of a team like the Redskins, then I would agree with you with this.




  3. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    14,895
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Does anyone think Ray Rice could hold out?

    http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=1...=6160236&fhn=1

    OWINGS MILLS -- Although Baltimore Ravens Pro Bowl running back Ray Rice indicated today during the unveiling of the new Nike uniforms that he looks forward to attending offseason workouts, sources close to the situation stressed that Rice won't be reporting until he has a new contract.
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  4. #52

    Re: Does anyone think Ray Rice could hold out?

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I disagree personally, it's the players who define that uniform. Look at Ray Lewis who has been a Raven since 1996! There are some players I could care less about who are obviously here for the money and don't really care about being a raven like Bryant McKinnie. But most of our starting players are either players who where drafted by us, or are modest players who wanted to come to Baltimore because of the reputation we have over money. I look at players like Yanda who took a pay cut to remain a Raven, how can you not get attached to players like that? I think if your a fan of a team like the Redskins, then I would agree with you with this.
    Ray Lewis like all the rest of our players will be gone one day. The laundry is what I root for and I want what is best for the Ravens...not the players no matter who they are. I appreciate to the fullest what they do for the Ravens while they are here, but if there comes a point when it's best for a player to leave, I will support and back the team 100%. The Ravens will always be here, nobody can say the same for any player on any roster.

    Ray Rice, just like Ray Lewis and the rest of the guys are looking out for themselves...and I hold no grudges for that. I also am not putting those guys on a pedestal in regards to thinking they are above most other players when it comes to business. It is what it is.




  5. #53
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    baltimore
    Posts
    2,886

    Re: Does anyone think Ray Rice could hold out?

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Ray Lewis like all the rest of our players will be gone one day. The laundry is what I root for and I want what is best for the Ravens...not the players no matter who they are. I appreciate to the fullest what they do for the Ravens while they are here, but if there comes a point when it's best for a player to leave, I will support and back the team 100%. The Ravens will always be here, nobody can say the same for any player on any roster.

    Ray Rice, just like Ray Lewis and the rest of the guys are looking out for themselves...and I hold no grudges for that. I also am not putting those guys on a pedestal in regards to thinking they are above most other players when it comes to business. It is what it is.

    You're last two posts were 100% spot on.

    Well said!




  6. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,232
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Does anyone think Ray Rice could hold out?

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Ray Lewis like all the rest of our players will be gone one day. The laundry is what I root for and I want what is best for the Ravens...not the players no matter who they are. I appreciate to the fullest what they do for the Ravens while they are here, but if there comes a point when it's best for a player to leave, I will support and back the team 100%. The Ravens will always be here, nobody can say the same for any player on any roster.

    Ray Rice, just like Ray Lewis and the rest of the guys are looking out for themselves...and I hold no grudges for that. I also am not putting those guys on a pedestal in regards to thinking they are above most other players when it comes to business. It is what it is.
    I totally agree with most of what you said here, but none of that was my argument. I'm not saying players should ever come before the team from a fans prospective, however there is no shame for a player to become attached to another player and hope to hell he remains with the team even if it means harming the teams cap situation. Obviously the player needs to be an elite player in the NFL to be considered that kind of commitment. I know that Ray Lewis will be gone soon, but remember that he has been with the Ravens since they began back in 1996, and I very much doubt the Ravens would have been what they are today or what they are known for if we hadn't drafted him, and I also doubt that we would have won the superbowl without him either.




  7. #55
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    1,899

    Re: Does anyone think Ray Rice could hold out?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    A little blurb on the WBAL News at 11 indicated as much that RR might holdout.....we shall see...if it's the minicamps, OTAs maybe but I doubt it extends further than that.
    "Old Man my Ass!" - John Malkovich




  8. #56

    Re: Does anyone think Ray Rice could hold out?

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I totally agree with most of what you said here, but none of that was my argument. I'm not saying players should ever come before the team from a fans prospective, however there is no shame for a player to become attached to another player and hope to hell he remains with the team even if it means harming the teams cap situation. Obviously the player needs to be an elite player in the NFL to be considered that kind of commitment. I know that Ray Lewis will be gone soon, but remember that he has been with the Ravens since they began back in 1996, and I very much doubt the Ravens would have been what they are today or what they are known for if we hadn't drafted him, and I also doubt that we would have won the superbowl without him either.
    I understand and agree with what you are saying. I think most people do as well which is why you are not hearing people calling for Ed Reed and Ray Lewis to be cut. They are certainly getting paid more than there current play would dictate but what's one more year of carrying a high cap number for them with everything they have given to the franchise. I don't think Ray Rice has earned that distinction yet. I like Ray Rice but am starting to sour on him with some of the things I hear with regards to his contract negotiations. I realize it is a business and his livelihood but it doesn't mean it won't affect my opinion.




  9. #57
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Posts
    4,586
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Does anyone think Ray Rice could hold out?

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    No he did say he was ok with it since it happens quite a lot.
    No. He said he was ok with it as an opportunity to extend contract negotiations. That's totally different than saying I am ok with PLAYING under the tag. Most players fight PLAYING under the tag tooth and nail and Rice will not be any different.

    He's making it clear that he's going to take the advice of his agent. If his agent says holdout a holdout is coming.

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...talks-ap-money




  10. #58
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Posts
    4,586
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Does anyone think Ray Rice could hold out?

    Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    I understand and agree with what you are saying. I think most people do as well which is why you are not hearing people calling for Ed Reed and Ray Lewis to be cut. They are certainly getting paid more than there current play would dictate but what's one more year of carrying a high cap number for them with everything they have given to the franchise. I don't think Ray Rice has earned that distinction yet. I like Ray Rice but am starting to sour on him with some of the things I hear with regards to his contract negotiations. I realize it is a business and his livelihood but it doesn't mean it won't affect my opinion.
    Your serious? You do realize that Ray Rice has been the team's starter for 3 years and for all 3 years his backup made significantly more money then him. Last season the Ravens were paying his freaking FB MORE than him. Think about that for a second. This is the guy giving you nearly 2000 yards per season and you've got a guy that rarely if ever touches the football(FB) and the guy who comes in for clean up duty (back up RB) making more than the most productive player on offense.

    Rice has every right in the world to scrap for every last penny. He's already given the Ravens a discount, why do fans expect him to give another one?




  11. #59

    Re: Does anyone think Ray Rice could hold out?

    The notion that some fans will change their opinion of Ray Rice because he's thinking about holding out is a little sad. If you're attached to him you should be rooting for him to get a deal done quickly. It's easy for all of us to comment on Ray's inclination to holding out but put yourself in his shoes. He's outpeformed his original contract and now wants fair market value and long term job security. What is fair market value? That's for Ozzie and Ray Rice to decide. My point is our opinion of Ray shouldn't change if he were to not participate in any OTAs. Should he miss most of training camp then I can see why opinions may sour at that point. Here's hoping we don't get that far.




  12. #60
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    27,365
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Does anyone think Ray Rice could hold out?

    I just hope the Ravens do the smart thing and draft a back in this draft to compete with Double A and Berry.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland