Quote Originally Posted by vinny600 View Post
Everyone keeps saying the Ravens offered Rice a deal similar to Foster's. Arnie_uk suggested it may have been this guy (thanks Arnie) but I can't find any reference to that. I've seen him say that the Foster deal "could be a good comparison for Rice negotiations", but not that the Ravens actually offered him that.

Ray Rice deserves at least what Foster got, and he cannot risk getting hurt while playing under the tag. He may play this year under it but I would be shocked if he played next year under it.

If the Ravens did offer him Foster money that's one thing, but if they didn't than they are low balling him and he has every right to do what's best for himself and his family. I think he knows that the Ravens are a billion dollar enterprise, and he has already played for way less than he's worth. Hell he could have pulled a Chris Johnson and demanded more money last year but he played out his contract and now he deserves to get paid.
Actually, Tony is the one who alluded to the Ravens offering Rice a contract similar to what Foster got. He doesn't have any substantial proof on that, just what he's been told by his sources and I've no reason to doubt him.