Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Re: Does anyone think Ray Rice could hold out?

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I love how everyone is saying things like "next man up!", but this is RB we're talking about, you can kind of survive if your ILB or even one of your starting DE's goes down, but I'd like to see you guys say that if Rice really does hold out/or gets injured. We would be starting an unproven 7th round drafted player who has little experience in the NFL, or even a pro style offense (unless we draft someone, or sign a RB on the market who would probably be no
    one big since we have next to no cap space.)

I'm pretty sure our offense would implode, this could end up being a serious matter. The best thing to do is draft a RB in the 3rd round IMO, I really really do like Bernard Pierce, tremendous break away speed. If we don't get Rice signed long term in 2012, I think we'd be better off trading him for a high draft pick, and could then go in with Pierce as our new RB if he where to pan out. The only major downside about him is his health, he has a bad history of injuries.
    I don't think with Rices 7.7 mil tag number and his what he thinks he is worth ANY team will give you any pick for him, bad deal. MAYBE, some team with tons of cap room LOOKING for a RB might give you a very late pick at this point.

If the Ravens trade out of the first round and wind up with 2 second round picks, I'll go ahead and predict one of them will be a RB.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    I don't think with Rices 7.7 mil tag number and his what he thinks he is worth ANY team will give you any pick for him, bad deal. MAYBE, some team with tons of cap room LOOKING for a RB might give you a very late pick at this point.
    Your actually telling me Rice wouldn't get at LEAST a second round pick?

You have some serious issues with Rice, it's kind of funny. I'm sure he would love to know your feelings about him... LOL

You have some serious issues with Rice, it's kind of funny. I'm sure he would love to know your feelings about him... LOL
    I just think he is what he is. A decent RB, often used in a run first offense with a conservative play caller who does have either speed (Boldin) or experience at TE/WR spots yet in Pitta, Dickson and Smith in a passing driven league. Rice is worth less than Foster easily. Rice is a 5 million per year guy in this modern era not 8+ or more what he is seeking. I did leave him a message on his FB page- telling him so. When needed in our last 3 playoff games, he played poorly.

Nope. Not many teams pay RBs big dough anymore, most teams go by committee. His contract demands make him not
    Very valuable in a capped league with emphasis on pass defense and passing offense. Can you think of a team that would want Rice for what he is asking considering cap considerations? I'd like to know.

It depends on his contract demands. Any team that would trade for him would want to sign him to a long term contract. If he wants significantly more than Foster than it will diminish his value.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The reality is that everyone is going to get hit with a surprise if he does. That surprise will be that the Ravens offense will not go down the drain without him.
    I think the offense would bog down. There was a 4 game stretch last season where Flacco led the entire NFL in pass attempts. The results were mixed at best. And that was with opposing defenses having to account for Rice. I don't want to imagine what teams would do to this offense knowing they wouldn't have to worry about Rice. It would be disastrous.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I think the offense would bog down. There was a 4 game stretch last season where Flacco led the entire NFL in pass attempts. The results were mixed at best. And that was with opposing defenses having to account for Rice. I don't want to imagine what teams would do to this offense knowing they wouldn't have to worry about Rice. It would be disastrous.
    Saying that prior to the draft is foolish at best. Not to mention how do we know Allen isn't like a Hillis, unknown and just run's over people forcing you to stack 8 or 9 in the box to control him? Rice is great mind you but you get a good hand on him and he goes down.

As for Flacco's attempts, there were 4 games where he went over 47 attempts, we were 3-1 beating StLouis by 30 points and the other 2 wins by a FG(ARZ and Pitt), the loss was against Seattle which we all remember that game and you can't stick that on Flacco, the Defense forgot they were in the NFL that game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Saying that prior to the draft is foolish at best. Not to mention how do we know Allen isn't like a Hillis, unknown and just run's over people forcing you to stack 8 or 9 in the box to control him? Rice is great mind you but you get a good hand on him and he goes down.

As for Flacco's attempts, there were 4 games where he went over 47 attempts, we were 3-1 beating StLouis by 30 points and the other 2 wins by a FG(ARZ and Pitt), the loss was against Seattle which we all remember that game and you can't stick that on Flacco, the Defense forgot they were in the NFL that game.
    The four games I was talking about were Jacksonville, Arizona, Seattle and Pittsburgh. The team went 2-2 and Flacco averaged a paltry 5.5 YPA. Flacco cannot carry this offense. Sorry to break it to you, but he just isn't that guy.
    Last edited by Terpsfan82; 04-08-2012 at 10:52 AM. Reason: sp

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    The four games I was talking about were Jacksonville, Arizona, Seattle and Pittsburgh. The team went 2-2 and Flacco averaged a paltry 5.5 YPA. Flacco cannot carry this offense. Sorry to break it to you, but he just isn't that guy.
    Seattle was decided by turnovers. Jax kicker hit 3 50 yard kicks we missed 2. Rice was awful and had a huge fumble. Flacco given another WR target and a modern
    Pass offense with more experienced WR's and TE's will help. You don't give Flacco
    A big contract to manage games.

Blog Entries

Priest Holmes- Undrafted.
    Jamal Lewis- First Round
    Chester Taylor- Sixth Round
    Willis McGahee- First Round, acquired in a trade with the Buffalo Bills
    LeRon McClain- Fourth Round
    Ray Rice- Second Round.

They find them all over the place.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    I know nothing is considered fact but what has been rumored is that he wants in the AP neighborhood and not in the Foster neighborhood.
    That claim has been denied several times by Rice and his agent. And given the media's tendency to exaggerate I believe the denial.

Quote Originally Posted by Teavo View Post
    I don't know why people here think Ray Rice was giving the Ravens a discount when he was playing under a rookie contract, and comparing that to the veteran contracts that his backup and FB were playing under. If you have a problem with rookies and vets being paid on different scales, then that's a beef you have with the CBA, the NFL, and the NFLPA for the labor agreement they hammered out.

Ray Rice deserves to be paid something similar to what Arian Foster got.

So if - and I stress if - the Ravens have offered him that, and if Rice has spurned the offer, an offer I think is fair, then count me in with the fans who will begin to sour on Ray.

I want to see Rice be paid fairly. Foster money is fair. More than that is greedy and bad for the team.
    Because all that money that they paid Leach, McGahee and Williams is money that they could have used to pay Rice his worth. Ray Rice would have been a lot cheaper to re-sign a year ago (before CJ2k and Peterson broke the bank) than he is today.

People don't realize Rice could have taken the Djax route and threatened to sit out or the Forte route and bitched and complained about his contract all season. He did neither. He took the mature route and played out his contract, so now don't be mad that he's trying to get every last dime.