Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
I love how everyone is saying things like "next man up!", but this is RB we're talking about, you can kind of survive if your ILB or even one of your starting DE's goes down, but I'd like to see you guys say that if Rice really does hold out/or gets injured. We would be starting an unproven 7th round drafted player who has little experience in the NFL, or even a pro style offense (unless we draft someone, or sign a RB on the market who would probably be no
one big since we have next to no cap space.)

I'm pretty sure our offense would implode, this could end up being a serious matter. The best thing to do is draft a RB in the 3rd round IMO, I really really do like Bernard Pierce, tremendous break away speed. If we don't get Rice signed long term in 2012, I think we'd be better off trading him for a high draft pick, and could then go in with Pierce as our new RB if he where to pan out. The only major downside about him is his health, he has a bad history of injuries.
I don't think with Rices 7.7 mil tag number and his what he thinks he is worth ANY team will give you any pick for him, bad deal. MAYBE, some team with tons of cap room LOOKING for a RB might give you a very late pick at this point.