Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
First off what is the definition of "holding out"?? To me it is being under contract, and not showing up to camp because you want more money than you agreed to on that deal. Obviously that is not the case with Rice. He won't sign that tender until he has to, and therefore is not under contract.

If Rice does not get a deal before training camp he shouldn't and won't be on the field, but I would not consider it "holding out", I would consider it a smart business decision. Ray Rice has zero to gain from training camp and everything to lose if he gets a freak injury. Only a fool would be out there in July for no reason under the tag, especially a player the caliber of Rice.

It has nothing to do with his character which we all know is second to none, it is about protecting yourself and your future when you are in his spot. His agent will tell him there is no way you are setting foot on the field and rightly so, happens all the time.

It won't come to that though, because after all this posturing by the agent and his camp trying to squeeze out a few more dollars I firmly believe a deal will be in place before camp. There isn't one now because what is the rush form their perspective? There is none. Camp is 4 months away there is no urgency to get anything done right now. They are just going to keep playing the "who is going to blink first" game for a while.
Make sense but you know how most Ravens fans are, they think if a deal doesn't get done asap then the player is going to hold out or just leave. Watch how it gets when Webb or Flacco deals get drawn out. Oz is always going to do what's best for the Ravens and that's why Ray lewis is still a Ravens bc Oz knew other teams wasn't going to throw big money @ Ray. I believe flacco and Webb deals get done first. Its unlikely but RR might get tagged again next year but I hope not bc that's like $9,000,000