Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Oral Arguments

Blog Entries

Re: Oral Arguments

Once again Galen is wrong on facts. OBUMMER CARE has risen in cost by $1.8T
    just since it was enacted so the costs are sky rocketing vs us.

Costs for us were cheaper long before anyone heard of OBUMMER.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 03-29-2012 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I called Rush yesterday on my way to the gym as I heard him talk about Carville, and said I agree with Carville (to an extent) because I do know people who like Obama just disagree with Obamacare. But take a look at the other side of that, if it is declared constitutional, people will be PISSED, it will be 2010 all over again.
    Agreed.

And I don't buy into the hyperbole that this law getting tossed out will put us in disarray as a nation. It will but the Democrat party in disarray sure, but the American public, who overwhelmingly want this law killed, will almost immediately demand that a new bill be brought forward.

The system IS flawed. I don't think anyone here, left or right, would argue that point. The majority of the folks in the country want to see action but done in the light of day and not with a constitutionally questionable mandate that gets forced down our throats.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Uhhh...that would be the intention of the mandate and the primary reason conservatives came up with the idea. Once Obama adopted the responsibility-enforcing mandate, it became liberty-stripping big government. Nice spin job by the GOP so now we will go back to people not having insurance but continuing to use the health system at your and my cost. But hey, at least Rush will be happy.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    So the mandate was enacted to force people to buy insurance but these people are losing their insurance cause they can't stay on their parents...

That doesn't sound personally responsible to me.

One other thing Galen, when it was a conservative idea, what did you think of it?

Blog Entries

Flawed as it is, it's still the best system in the world.

Just ask Greece. You can also ask the Canadians. Those across
    the border keep coming down here cause they can't get into
    hospitals up there. Hospitals along the US border have special
    deals to lure Canadiens.

The guy in this pic wouldn't be alive w/o the care he got for his
    heart in the US. Now the Candian gov't paid for his $38,000 US bill
    but the gov't doesn't have the money to build hospitals so they sent him
    here.

http://www.freep.com/article/2009082...et-health-care

O BUMMER - THE GREAT DIVIDER
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 03-29-2012 at 10:36 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Flawed as it is, it's still the best system in the world.

Just ask Greece. You can also ask the Canadians. Those across
    the border keep coming down here cause they can't get into
    hospitals up there. Hospitals along the US border have special
    deals to lure Canadiens that have socialized medicine like
    OBUMMER CARE.

The guy in this pic wouldn't be alive w/o the care he got for his
    heart in the US.

http://www.freep.com/article/2009082...et-health-care
    I worked for a company that had offices in Canada and as a result we'd have people go up there to work and vice versa. Anyone I talked to about that healthcare system hated it, unless they never used it, than it was "hey it's great it's free healthcare". So when you ask anyone whose used it or knows someone who tries (And waits for ever) they hate it. Anyone who has neither is oblivious but likes that it's free.

My wife was in the Peace Corp prior to law school. She lived all over Europe for the better part of 3 years. She has not said one good word about the healthcare she received while over there.

Blog Entries

Day 3 about medicare expansion:
    http://www.supremecourt.gov/oral_arg...rgument=11-400

Kagan is out of control!

Blog Entries

This is too funny, SO tell me Galen is the "inherent difference between a progressive and a conservative thinker" having someone else do the thinking for you?

From Galen:
    One has to go back to the debates between Obama and McCain when they discussed healthcare. McCain was an ardent supporter of the mandate and Obama in the corner of a public option. In the end, Obama and the Democrat-led congress pass a compromise bill with the Republican mandate. Two years later, a conservative SCOTUS is going to rule 5-4 against it? Just think about that for a moment. There is no way health insurance will ever truly be reformed without increasing the pool. Its either a mandate, public option or single payor. Anything short of that isn't worth the effort. If they scrape the mandate, they have to scrape the whole law. The mandate is essential and without it, it folds like a house of cards.
    From the Obama admin:
    The Obama administration is now referring to Obamacare as a “bi-partisan bill” and calling the unpopular individual mandate “a Republican idea,” following three days of tough questioning by the Supreme Court.
    From Galen:
    Uhhh...that would be the intention of the mandate and the primary reason conservatives came up with the idea. Once Obama adopted the responsibility-enforcing mandate, it became liberty-stripping big government. Nice spin job by the GOP so now we will go back to people not having insurance but continuing to use the health system at your and my cost. But hey, at least Rush will be happy.

From the Obama admin
    He also referred to the individual mandate as the “individual responsibility”clause of the bill, in an attempt to distance the administration from the term individual mandate.

http://freebeacon.com/white-house-tr...brand-mandate/

Galen gets his talking points right from the White House web site?!?!?!

That's too effing funny.

This is too funny, SO tell me Galen is the "inherent difference between a progressive and a conservative thinker" having someone else do the thinking for you?
    I don't get your claim? This stuff is pretty common sense if you have been reading about the process and understand healthcare. The mandate forces people into being responsible for their own health insurance just like you think they should be. It is a conservative idea. You didn't know this? This was a huge part of the debates in 2008 and no I wasn't a fan of it in as much as I was a fan of other ways to force people into taking responsibility for their health care costs. Single payor would be the optimum but mandate is still better than forcing Doctors to perform healthcare while not forcing patients to pay for it, which is our current system. A "liberty" lovers dream and truly free healthcare. Why buy insurance when I can just show up and the docs office and they have to treat me!

Anyway I am glad you found out that the Obama administration and I agree on healthcare. What an ephinany!

Blog Entries

I don't get your claim?
    Pretending to be stupid, again!?

There is no claim here, it is as clear as day that you have started using terms that Whitehouse is trying to use as a way to distance themselves from something sooooo unpopular.

You go around championing progressive thinking, as if it’s something so intelligent few are capable of its high level of thought. When all progressive thinking is, are retread ideas that have NEVER worked, and you just parrot what someone else says and not think for yourself.

That’s what is so funny. Obviously someone of your intellect could see that.
    Last edited by NCRAVEN; 03-29-2012 at 04:55 PM.

Pretending to be stupid, again!?

There is no claim here, it is as clear as day that you have started using terms that Whitehouse is trying to use as a way to distance themselves from something sooooo unpopular.

You go around championing progressive thinking, as if it’s something so intelligent few are capable of its high level of thought. When all progressive thinking is, are retread ideas that have NEVER worked, and you just parrot what someone else says and not think for yourself.

That’s what is so funny. Obviously someone of your intellect could see that.
    Who knew that all that "intellect" was simply intellectual-plagiarism all along.

This is not too surprising though. Back when I was a more frequent poster, Galen and I got into some pretty good debates and I was actually impressed with some of the things he's said in the past. Then I started watching Dr. Maddow and sure as hell, for a month or two, any topic and accompanying talking points she came up with, Galen posted them here within a day or two.

I figured from that point forward, I'd simply keep watching her. No reason to debate here since the thoughts were coming from her and her network.

I may not agree with her. But I like hearing other sides and at least she has a doctorate.