Thread: Oral Arguments

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Re: Oral Arguments

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    That’s not entirely true. I’ve had times as has my wife where we’ve needed to go to the doctor and not had insurance. She broke her foot and all we had to do was pay for the visit and walking boot etc.

Matter of fact, recently, even though I had insurance I asked a tech who was doing some work how much things would cost if I paid cash, she said it was 40% less. Main reasons were less paperwork, bureaucracy, no need to pay someone to bill the insurance company fight with the insurance company and then come after the patient for the rest.
    I get you man, I do, but a majority of the population that doesn't have insurance also doesn't have the money (or doesn't want to pay) to cover the costs of the service.

I haven't really read a whole lot about it because it seems like there is no point if they're going to force everyone to do it anyway, but I feel like insurance should be relevant to the person's health and it should be reflective in the costs. For example, my wife and I rarely get sick. The only time we have needed a doctor in the recent past was when I tore my shoulder. Neither of us smoke, we don't drink much, we're active, we eat a lot of organic foods...

Just seems to me that insurance for folks like us should have more options that are reflective in the costs than for someone who say has chronic arthritis or is a pack-a-day kind of guy.
    Last edited by wickedsolo; 04-03-2012 at 09:55 PM.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.