Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tenuous
    Posts
    4,920

    Conservative Nihilism



    A question: After the SCOTUS rules that ACA is constitutional, what will the conservative mindset do to reconcile its small worldview? Will you deny the validity of the Supreme Court? I think so.

    Most progressive thinkers understand that in order for the wealthy to stay politically in power, they need to create narratives that appeal to the majority of voters who are anything but wealthy. Charged words like Liberty, Freedom, Constitutional, Socialiam all seem to tweak the amygdalas of enough people that they vote for policies that support the wealthy and not necessarily themselves.

    Look what conservatives politicians have led you all to deny.

    1. Education. Education is some elitist training camp for liberal dogma. Home school your young and avoid college as it is only for "snobs"!

    2. Science. Science is nothing more than fraudulent and corrupt individuals working for Al Gore so that he can sell a book. Deny its findings at all cost!

    3. Government. Government has never done anything right and should only be used to defend us. Get you government out of my life! (but it is okay if you tell the gays they can't marry and women can't make their own decisons etc.)

    So what happens when the SCOUTUS rules in favor of ACA?

    4. SCOTUS. They are all activist liberals at heart trying to deprive of us our liberties and freedoms and all that stuff!

    I can see it coming.

    Conservative nihilism will essentially deny four institutions that have made America what it is today; Education, Science, Government and the Supreme Court. Ever notice how to protect the interest of the rich, all four of those institutions need to be dismantled? Odd isn't it?








  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,358

    Re: Conservative Nihilism

    So you're saying you think it's constitutional for the government to penalize people for not buying something?




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates
    Posts
    4,451

    Re: Conservative Nihilism

    What a complete load of crap.

    1. We don't deny college is a good thing, just that some of the crap spewed there is complete nonsense. Seriously. Do you know some college professors tell their students there is no such thing as "truth". Really, so then what is it the college professor is paid to teach?

    2. I take no issue with science and its discovery of facts. It is when philosophy invades science, is done poorly, and calls itself science when it is not (at least not in the scientific method sense of science).

    3. Completely absurd take. I dare you to find one person who claims government has never done anything right. This is what you are left to, lies and strawmen?

    4. No, the ones voting against it will be following the Constitution, even if that is not their motivation, and those voting for it will be pushing the liberal agenda of growing government, even if that is not their motivation (though I suspect it is).

    Your whole take is just completely vapid.




  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tenuous
    Posts
    4,920
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    What a complete load of crap.

    1. We don't deny college is a good thing, just that some of the crap spewed there is complete nonsense. Seriously. Do you know some college professors tell their students there is no such thing as "truth". Really, so then what is it the college professor is paid to teach?

    2. I take no issue with science and its discovery of facts. It is when philosophy invades science, is done poorly, and calls itself science when it is not (at least not in the scientific method sense of science).

    3. Completely absurd take. I dare you to find one person who claims government has never done anything right. This is what you are left to, lies and strawmen?

    4. No, the ones voting against it will be following the Constitution, even if that is not their motivation, and those voting for it will be pushing the liberal agenda of growing government, even if that is not their motivation (though I suspect it is).

    Your whole take is just completely vapid.
    Nice "couched" agreement of everything I just proposed.

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk








  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Detroit Michigan
    Posts
    1,906
    "Whenever I read liberals reporting about the goings-on of conservatives I always get the nature-documentary vibe. A liberal reporter puts on his or her Dian Fossey hat in order to attempt to write another installment of Conservatives in the Mist. I’ve followed this particular brand of reporting for years, it’s almost a fetish of mine. Most attempts fail. Of these lesser varieties, there’s fear (“Troglodytes!” ), mockery (“Irrelevant troglodytes!” ), condescension (“I had to explain to them they’re troglodytes.” ), bewilderment (“Why don’t they understand they’re troglodytes?” ), astonishment (Dear God, they’re not all troglodytes!” ), and a few combinations of all the above."

    — Jonah Goldberg
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

    –Eleanor Roosevelt




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,358

    Re: Conservative Nihilism

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    "Whenever I read liberals reporting about the goings-on of conservatives I always get the nature-documentary vibe. A liberal reporter puts on his or her Dian Fossey hat in order to attempt to write another installment of Conservatives in the Mist. I’ve followed this particular brand of reporting for years, it’s almost a fetish of mine. Most attempts fail. Of these lesser varieties, there’s fear (“Troglodytes!” ), mockery (“Irrelevant troglodytes!” ), condescension (“I had to explain to them they’re troglodytes.” ), bewilderment (“Why don’t they understand they’re troglodytes?” ), astonishment (Dear God, they’re not all troglodytes!” ), and a few combinations of all the above."

    — Jonah Goldberg
    Evidence of this? Gale's original post




  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Detroit Michigan
    Posts
    1,906
    Pathetic Galen. It's a loaded thread. Any attempt to clarify a position on your skewed talking points is an admission to subscribing to your extreme and miserably condescending attempts at interpretation. Why make a thread if any attempt at discussing it is arbitrary?
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

    –Eleanor Roosevelt




  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tenuous
    Posts
    4,920
    Oh yeah...I knew I was forgetting another pillar of conservative nihilism. The media....the essence of killing the messenger.

    Education, Science, Government, Media and the Judicial Branch. Kill them all and you guys can live in complete proletarian bliss just like Huxley and Orwell predicted.

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk








  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,358

    Re: Conservative Nihilism

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Oh yeah...I knew I was forgetting another pillar of conservative nihilism. The media....the essence of killing the messenger.

    Education, Science, Government, Media and the Judicial Branch. Kill them all and you guys can live in complete proletarian bliss just like Huxley and Orwell predicted.

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    You wanna see how pathetic the media is? See Trayvon Martin case.

    They are reporting that Zimmerman called 911 46 in a year, it was 46 times over 10 years.

    They are NOT reporting about the witness that SAW Trayvon on top beating Zimmerman and it was Zimmerman screaming for help.

    But hey, It's not the media that's wrong it's me...
    Last edited by NCRAVEN; 03-26-2012 at 12:50 PM.




  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Detroit Michigan
    Posts
    1,906
    Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Oh yeah...I knew I was forgetting another pillar of conservative nihilism. The media....the essence of killing the messenger.

    Education, Science, Government, Media and the Judicial Branch. Kill them all and you guys can live in complete proletarian bliss just like Huxley and Orwell predicted.

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Sick em' Gale Sick em'!

    http://quintessentialruminations.fil...on-quixote.gif
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

    –Eleanor Roosevelt




  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tenuous
    Posts
    4,920

    Re: Conservative Nihilism

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    You wanna see how pathetic the media is? See Trayvon Martin case.

    They are reporting that Zimmerman called 911 46 in a year, it was 46 times over 10 years.

    They are NOT reporting about the witness that SAW Trayvon on top beating Zimmerman and it was Zimmerman screaming for help.

    But hey, It's not the media that's wrong it's me...
    This might be the most ignorant post in the half a dozen years I have been on this board and there have been some really low IQ stuff.








  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,358

    Re: Conservative Nihilism

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    This might be the most ignorant post in the half a dozen years I have been on this board and there have been some really low IQ stuff.
    You don't see the media as misrepresenting things on this story?




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland