Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Who will the Ravens draft #1

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    And that Sir, is why this thread is pointless.
    Do you really want to go through the exercise of evaluating how valid threads are? Isn't it kinda the point to have a little fun and talk Ravens even when there's nothing going on?

Boller, Flacco Oher, and Jamal Lewis to name a few. If Konz isn't there i would love Jeffries if he falls, maybe Hill. Boldin is gone next year, and everyone else is unproven. I'm just go by the STOR, when Oz talked about receivers, and a new center. As Trap said, this is all just a guessing game, as none of us know who the scouts like, and FO feel the needs are. Thats why i'm going by Ozzie's last statements.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimeTime37 View Post
    Ozzie's first pick is never a blockbuster, so I'm saying Konz. Stephen Hill would be a huge surprise, but I don't see them taking a guy who supposedly can't catch. Ozzie has also never had much luck with receivers in the first round.

Blog Entries

I am really on board with WickedSolo. However, there are two exceptions to his WR idea that just give me a feeling that the Ravens are lurking. They are Kendall Wright and Stephen Hill.

I think that part of the reason why Cameron has not used many Three Wide formations is, because they've only had one true vertical threat at WR. His system requires two, plus a possible third at TE. If you noticed, in the AFC Championship Game, they used plenty of three WR sets, with Evans on the outside and Boldin in the slot.

Although Kendall Wright is the more pro ready of the two, I just don't know how enticing they find Stephen Hill as a prospect. Baltimore just might provide the best opportunity for a guy like Hill to succeed. That shows you how far the offense has come when I can say that about a WR. First, Hill excels at run blocking from his time at Georgia Tech, something all Ravens WRs have to do. Second, he has the size that front office desires and that Joe Flacco has been missing. Third, he has very reliable hands, something the front office has harped on since the AFC Championship Game. Fourth, the few routes that Hill is currently comfortable running are from the vertical area of the route tree, the same routes he would be running here. He seems to have a good character and work ethic, something the Ravens respect.

In a draft where prospects 15-40 could be interchangeable, it might make too much sense to take this young man while you have the chance.

The only player that I could honestly see them taking over him, unless they expect Hill to slide to the top of the second, and this would be only if he fell very far, would be Courtney Upshaw.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by sandiegosean View Post
    Boller, Flacco Oher, and Jamal Lewis to name a few. If Konz isn't there i would love Jeffries if he falls, maybe Hill. Boldin is gone next year, and everyone else is unproven. I'm just go by the STOR, when Oz talked about receivers, and a new center. As Trap said, this is all just a guessing game, as none of us know who the scouts like, and FO feel the needs are. Thats why i'm going by Ozzie's last statements.
    I hope Jeffreys falls. He has a rare burst when the ball is in the air and explosive reaction to the ball before he gets it and creates separation before the catch with size and instincts. Plus, he uses his body well to catch and has surprising burst after the catch. Doesn't have blazing straight line speed, but his HANDS are the best I've seen since Chris Carter. I coached Db's for years and played DB, Jeffreys is a nightmare. Because of his not breakneck speed won't be doubled. Also, TS is our deep missle. I see Jeffreys as a bigger, better Boldin with better hands and burst who can go over the middle and be great on 10 yard routes too. Hill to me is a gamble, maybe 1 trick pony- great combine- but didn't play that fast at Tech- makes me nervous, you can have great speed track style but doesn't make you a player. I think Jeffreys is a better compliment to TS than Hill, just my opinion. You don't need to put the ball on the $ with him
    Him, just get it close he adjusts better than any WR in the draft. Ozzie has been wanting a big WR for two years now, this is his chance great in RZ too.

Blog Entries

Giants won SB with 3 great receivers - my boy Nicks, Cruz and of course
    Mario Manningham whose great side line catch was the entire game.

We can grab Konz and still get a Torry Smith in the same 2d round or even
    3rd where the great ones come from. As someone mentioned, WRs in the
    first round are always risky for Ozzie.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    Everyone has pretty much been spot on, im looking at the roster as of now knowing that there likely wont be any more free agent signings, and if so it'll be something very minimal. I did a little Ravens mock, just spit balling here so dont kill it too much lol, but would you guys with a draft like this....

1. WR Stephen Hill-Deep threat, #3 in year one, future starter opposite Torrey, changes the way defenses defend the Ravens
    2. OG Amini Silatolu-Physical road grader but has the feet and athleticism to be strong in pass pro, could also play RT
    3. C Phillip Blake-Heir apparent at Center, another physical guy that can move well
    Actually, these first three rounds would be amazing if it where to happen. I am a huge fan of Amini Silatolu, this guy is seriously an animal, and has that raw Polynesia strength. The guy played left tackle at a D2 school and just pancakes anyone who runs at him basically, could fill our void at left/right guard, may even offer depth at tackle too. I see a lot of Mike Iupati in him, and anyone who knows much about Iupati, you know that anybody like him is a can't miss prospect

I like the Blake pick too, he could pretty much red shirt for us behind Birk in his first season, and then start for us in 2013 or even towards the later part of the 2012 season. Philip Blake is a road grader and a terrific pass blocker, likes to use his great base strength to pancake other players, at 6 foot 2 and 311 lbs he has elite size to be an elite center. The problem with the two players here is that both are better fits for power man blocking schemes rather than a ZBS, but they are players you cannot pass up on. I think we may need to move up in both second and third rounds to get both players though.

Blog Entries

BPA

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    It's not going to be a WR unless Michael Floyd drops.

If (and it's a big IF) Courtney Upshaw drops, he'll be the pick.

Right now I'd have to say that it's going to be Konz or Hightower.

The reason why it won't be a WR is because there will be guys like Nick Toon, Marvin McNutt, Marvin Jones, Tommy Streeter, Brian Quick, Juron Criner, and Chris Givens who will be around in rounds 2-3.
    I really hope this is correct. Though I also wouldn't mind Barron either.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    I really hope this is correct. Though I also wouldn't mind Barron either.
    I wouldn't mind Barron. Considering both Reed and Pollard are FA's next off-season that could make a lot of sense.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I wouldn't mind Barron. Considering both Reed and Pollard are FA's next off-season that could make a lot of sense.
    I think he would be a big play maker. It would be a tough call they were all there. An anchor for the line, a real need for a solid run stuffing LB, or a playmaking safety.

Blog Entries

Barron would be a great addition for the future, but the needs on the OL are so glaring that it's hard to not go with Konz if he is available.

Blog Entries

You know I like Barron a lot and he very well could be the pick, but I just don't see them getting out of the 1st round without a guy that they feel can start or contribute significantly right away.

To me, that almost undoubtedly is a guard/center type of prospect or a pass rusher.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.