Blog Entries

Obama approves Keystone pipeline

Well... half off it.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8QL0G320120321

Hey Mr. President, how about the half from Canada to Oklahoma?

Blog Entries

Re: Obama approves Keystone pipeline

Damn - I'm buying some of that Trans-Canada
    stock at $43.

LOL - He just became a conservative - DRILL BABY DRILL, that's all they say, he quipped. Now he's saying it and doing it. He was just in New Mexico looking at more drilling. He just won the election if prices come down in time. Of course they have to construct the pipe line.

We'll also hear how he created over 20,000 jobs even though he voted it down before the Times poll came out.

At least OBY believed in that Times poll that Galen made fun of. Gas prices will kill it for him.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 03-22-2012 at 03:10 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Damn - I'm buying some of that Trans-Canada
    stock at $43.

LOL - He just became a conservative - DRILL BABY DRILL, that's all they say, he quipped. Now he's saying it and doing it. He was just in New Mexico looking at more drilling. He just won the election if prices come down in time. Of course they have to construct the pipe line.

We'll also hear how he created over 20,000 jobs even though he voted it down before the Times poll came out.

At least OBY believed in that Times poll that Galen made fun of. Gas prices will kill it for him.
    This portion was already in the works (see some of the comments below the article). It's just another political move.

I wouldn't buy that stock on the basis that the pipeline will be finished, he still needs to (but won't ) approve the other half.

Blog Entries

http://www.boortz.com/weblogs/nealz-...ystone-credit/
    Turns out that the southern portion of the Keystone Pipeline doesn’t need a presidential seal of approval in order to be built. TransCanada was planning to start construction of that portion of the pipeline as soon as June. So Obama is trying garner praise for something that was going to happen anyway. The truth is that the part of the pipeline that requires Obama’s approval is the northern part, which crosses over into Canada. This is the portion that remains blocked.

Blog Entries

Yup, that's what I was referring to. He was in Oklahoma accepting praise for everything because he approved everything but the union is really pissed off. There's a lot of guys not working that would be working had OBY not blocked anything early on anywhere from 20,000 - 200,000 union jobs. We're talking about a lot of unemployed welders and some of the pipe line would be under-ground and some above ground.

Here's what a union member told Rush. This is their Catch-22 because they are forced to vote DEM and give money every time or they don't work. In this case, they're still not working.

CALLER: I work with [Local] 798 out of Oklahoma. It's what we call a nationwide local. And I can honestly say this Keystone thing has been ridiculous, and I'm really happy that people have finally started talking about it. I mean, making it a major issue, 'cause this has been something that really controlled how I work for probably the last year, year and a half.

RUSH: Wait a minute. You live in Buffalo?

CALLER: Yes.

RUSH: You live in Buffalo. You of work Local 798. For those of you in Rio Linda, that's a union -- and that's a pipeliners union -- and you would be working today if he would have approved the whole pipeline, that's what you said?

CALLER: Yeah. Yeah, definitely, all of us would be.

RUSH: See, this is another thing. I'm glad you called, Kevin, because one of the unreported aspects of this story is that one of Obama's primary electoral blocs, the unions, are the ones losing these jobs. I mean, it's been estimated that the Keystone pipeline over -- what is it, eight to ten years? -- would create up to 200,000 jobs. The minimum number it is said to create would be 20,000. So we've got a range of between 20,000 and 200,000 jobs, and that would be union people, in large part. Kevin is properly pointing out here that Obama's reluctance to do the Keystone pipeline is resulting in them not having jobs. But they're torn because they've gotta vote for Obama and they've gotta give money to Obama 'cause Obama's looking out for them, see? Obama's gonna take much better care of 'em than the Republicans ever would. The Local 798 is a pipeliners union. They lay the pipe for the oil pipelines, and they're not working.

Except, Kevin, you may not have heard the news.

Obama's in Oklahoma today.

He approved the Keystone pipeline!

Yeah, it's all over the news that he approved the Keystone pipeline.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 03-24-2012 at 06:35 PM.

Blog Entries

And look what else Canada has - tar sand. This is sand that is extracted and converted to oil. It's trucked to a plant and processed and then the sand is returned to it's original spot for re-use.

Look at the vast lands of tar sands - up to tillions of barrels of oil to be shipped here.

And get this. The best part, or worse part, is we got it too - in Utah. The worse part is it's on mostly public lands so it can't be dug like in Canada.

We got 19 billion barrels of tar sand in Utah that we can use and that doesn't include the trillions of shale oil between Mississippi and California we are not allowed to drill.

And that doesn't count the shale on on the east coast in places like the Appalacian Mountains range that go thru Maryland. O'Malley studied a plan for shale
    drilling in Allegany and Garrett Counties. Just studied it of course.

Check out these pics.

http://ostseis.anl.gov/guide/tarsands/index.cfm

Here's a map of shale oil states and the mountains that go thru Western Maryland and for the first time ever as a success of shale drilling, they're beginning to find some in Europe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shale_g..._United_States
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 03-24-2012 at 07:00 PM.

Blog Entries

Actually, shale oil has been extracted in US since 1825. The digging goes from 50 to 900 ft.

Shale drilling stopped just short of the MD line in Western, Maryland. Some people and delegates don't want the digging but it will create jobs and revenue for the towns and county.

The link mentions O'Malley studying plans for drilling but that means it will be some time.

Also, people with shale oil on their properties will become rich like old Jed Clampett on Beverly Hillybillies-lol.

But for now, no drilling here.

http://westminster.patch.com/article...tential-impact