Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Verdict is in

Re: Verdict is in

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Someone needs to punch Drew Bress in the face right now, kind of sad we don't get to play them next season. Would love to see one of them try injuring Flacco or Ray Rice when you got Vonta Leach standing infront of them lol.
    Well, it was before Leach, but they may have tried just that. Anyone else remember this? Sure looks a little more sinister now.

Well, here's some spin that will make you hurl, and unfortunately, it's probably correct:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu..._payton_032112

The argument is that Brees will make a few extra million $$$ in his contract negotiations because the Saints need him even more while Payton's gone. So he pulls the "Sgt. Schultz" routine and then makes bank in the aftermath.

I've never hoped for a player to get injured, but right now I'm on the edge.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Well, here's some spin that will make you hurl, and unfortunately, it's probably correct:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu..._payton_032112

The argument is that Brees will make a few extra million $$$ in his contract negotiations because the Saints need him even more while Payton's gone. So he pulls the "Sgt. Schultz" routine and then makes bank in the aftermath.

I've never hoped for a player to get injured, but right now I'm on the edge.
    I wouldn't, but I think the pedestal upon which he stood is taking serious hits. Sure, he should be paid according to his value. I hear the Saints offered 18mil a year and he wants 23mil a year. I think 20.5 is fair. But if he drives the price up because of the Bounty-Gate, then let him play under the tag.

Overall, I put him in Brady category. I used to respect Brady, until he and his team got caught cheating and he started crying for flags.

I think though, he may be worse than Brady simply because he was one of the faces of the NFLPA talking big talk over player injuries and here his whole team and even coaching staff are in on bounties to hurt other players. Then he goes on to say he had no idea. My friends, this is where the term "fucking liar" comes from. Then, to top it off he has the gall to question the commissioner's punishment of his coach when his own coach put 5 grand down on a fellow player and fellow quarterback.

Honestly, I think "Bounty Gate" is worse than "Spy Gate" simply because this affected men's lives, careers, as well as pain and suffering. It is completely intollerable and without possible excuse that players like Brees, Greer and former Joe Horn attack the commisioner and the NFL's decision.

Furthermore, the excuse that others may be doing it is not an excuse. Ignorance of the law doesn't get me off for speeding tickets. If you know you are doing wrong, continuing the practice is damning enough. Period. Then to continue to lie and do it while under investigation. Plain stupid.

I will cheer every game the Saints lose as I do the Patriots.

Blog Entries

Looks like Fox is interested in Payton as an analyst.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...144605051.html
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    Looks like Fox is interested in Payton as an analyst.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...144605051.html
    How FOX convinced an analyst the quality of Brian Billick to work for them, the world may never know.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    How FOX convinced an analyst the quality of Brian Billick to work for them, the world may never know.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I know who he was talking about. My response was about FOX, not about Payton.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I know who he was talking about. My response was about FOX, not about Payton.
    I got that. What's wrong with BB going to Fox?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I got that. What's wrong with BB going to Fox?
    In my opinion, Brian Billick is too good of an analyst to work for FOX.

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    If Brees doesn't shut up, some private citizen might just step up and offer a bounty to any NFL player who takes him out. That would really make some heads spin.
    At least one private citizen was already putting up money in the Saints bounty program. I'm pretty sure heads were already spinning over that angle.

Blog Entries

Apparently Payton approached Bill Parcells about coaching the Saints for the year. Makes a lot of sense. Payton worked for Parcells in Dallas. Payton was also with the Giants while Parcells was with Jets so they've known each other for a long time. I'm a big Parcells fans and would actually like to see this happen. If anyone has a shot to get the Saints to the Super Bowl the year it's being held in New Orleans it's Bill Parcells.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...aching-saints/

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Apparently Payton approached Bill Parcells about coaching the Saints for the year. Makes a lot of sense. Payton worked for Parcells in Dallas. Payton was also with the Giants while Parcells was with Jets so they've known each other for a long time. I'm a big Parcells fans and would actually like to see this happen. If anyone has a shot to get the Saints to the Super Bowl the year it's being held in New Orleans it's Bill Parcells.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...aching-saints/
    Of course, taking any coaching job would reset his HOF clock, so that's unlikely. Also, if the Saints win, then they've shown that they don't need to pay Payton to get results from their roster. This has me scratching my head.