Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Verdict is in

Blog Entries

Re: Verdict is in

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Well no shit he had an agenda.
    To punish those that broke the rules, lied about it, continued to do it, and compromised the integrity of the league and putting its players in harms way intentionally, while at the same time setting a precedent and warning to the entire league in a strong attempt to prevent it from happening again.
    Yeah she thinks he's doing it because he is worried that the NFLPA will start bringing this up and using it against him. She said it was too harsh and that you can never stop the NFL from being violent.

I mean how dumb can you actually be, of course the NFL is violent, but are you actually condoning a programme that offers money to injure someone. Jesus I still can't believe she has a job with ESPN. Completely biased towards her opinions and teams, obviously racist, and consistently comes out with BS like this.

Blog Entries

By the way, here is the full transcript of the NFL findings:

Story

“1 Cart-off – Crank up the John Deer (sic) Tractor”

Sick bastards, current and former Saints should keep their pie-hole shut before they make themselves look like bigger idiots.

Blog Entries

Someone needs to punch Drew Bress in the face right now, kind of sad we don't get to play them next season. Would love to see one of them try injuring Flacco or Ray Rice when you got Vonta Leach standing infront of them lol.

They deserve the harsh penalties doled out by Sheriff Goodell. He's no joke, he's no game, he's not playing, he's very serious. The "bounty system" was bad enough, they just HAD TO hang themselves by lying about it.

Blog Entries

Vikings punter Chris Kluwe chimed in on PFT earlier about how he things Jon Vilma should have gotten a year long ban as well as Vilma specifically put out to the D that he'd personally cough up 10 g's for anyone who got Favre.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Vikings punter Chris Kluwe chimed in on PFT earlier about how he things Jon Vilma should have gotten a year long ban as well as Vilma specifically put out to the D that he'd personally cough up 10 g's for anyone who got Favre.
    He might. The players punishment hasn't been announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    I kinda agree its a little over the top in terms of how much its costing Payton, Loomis, Saints etc.... that being said can you imagine what would have happened if a guy got his career ended with a knee or god forbid a neck injury and then this stuff about bounties came out? It would be a nightmare PR for the league and they cant have teams putting them at risk for bad PR like that. The punishment imo is fine and I think its highly unlikely that you will see the word "bounty" used by by much of anyone in this league for some time to come.
    I don't think it's over the top at all.
    You pretty much summed it up with that paragraph above.
    We've all seen guys get career ending injurys playing football.
    We've seen injurys to players that have changed their lives forever in how they have to function due to paralysis, etc.

Like you said, if something like that would have happened at the hands of this bounty stuff....
    Fortunately it didn't, but certainly a wake up call had to be issued here to guys who more so then anybody associated with football should have known better and understood the possibility of severely hurting another player while "trying to take them out".
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

They deserve every bit of punishment they got. It's even worse how you have players like Brees whining about the punishment.

Blog Entries

the more I hear about this story the more I can't believe it. What a bunch of hypocrites!

Jon Vilma may be hit hard too

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

The best part about this whole scandle is that now the Refs will be focused on the Saints as the bad boys of the NFL for a while. On the other hand, they may be eyeing up D's in general now looking for motives of a "bountiful" nature....

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Just heard something on SiriusNFL that made me say "wow".

They said Sean Peyton had said in an email "put me down for 5,000 on (Aaron) Rogers.
    Double wow if in fact true. The punishment really does fit the crime now.....

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    They deserve every bit of punishment they got. It's even worse how you have players like Brees whining about the punishment.
    If Brees doesn't shut up, some private citizen might just step up and offer a bounty to any NFL player who takes him out. That would really make some heads spin.