Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Verdict is in

Blog Entries

Re: Verdict is in

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    He's just another grandstanding a-hole politician (yes, I realize that's redundant). How would they prove that a player's injury was caused specifically by intent to injure for a bounty, and wasn't just a routine part of a very violent game?
    I agree. But I think if you watch tape of them going after Favre in the championship game a few years ago, it would be a slam dunk. Two players were fined by the NFL after that game and Vilma put a 10K bounty on who ever knocked Favre out. Watch, some prosecutor in Minnesota get happy and try and charge someone for that.

This is one of the reasons I say the Saints aren't being punished too hard, their is a legal can of worms here, hell I heard an attorney on NFL network that said Favre has a case against the NFL, the Saints, and the players. He likely won't go after them, but damn.

Blog Entries

Goodell had no suitable explanation for destroying the remaining footage either. He, basically, said that it wouldn't show anything further. Yet, he felt compelled to destroy it.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Now the Senate is getting involved. I kinda thought what the Senator said was true, if you were paid to hurt someone off the field, it would be a crime.

Story
    There is a thread in the politics forum I started regarding the political aspects of this if you want to continue to discuss the political aspects of the situation.

http://ravens24x7.com/forum/showthre...ng-on-bounties
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    There is a thread in the politics forum I started regarding the political aspects of this if you want to continue to discuss the political aspects of the situation.

Thanks, but I am done. I was merely pointing it out. Seems kind of pointless to have a second thread about the Saints.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post

Thanks Fanatic, I just posted my two bits.

Blog Entries

Jamele Hill on ESPN first take is a complete idiot, doesn't surprise me to hear her saying more dumb things. Basically said the crime doesn't fit the punishment and that Roger had an agenda for the whole thing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Jamele Hill on ESPN first take is a complete idiot, doesn't surprise me to hear her saying more dumb things. Basically said the crime doesn't fit the punishment and that Roger had an agenda for the whole thing.
    Man I was cracking up listening to Jabari Greer and Joe Horn plus countless Saints fans cry about Goodell being to harsh on SiriusNFL.

They got caught, they lied to the big man, plus kept it up while the investigation went on. Talk about hubris meets arrogance.

Then someone called in talking about how he had to explain this to his young son who plays football.

I can't stand Drew Brees now. You can't tell me he didn't know. Some Players talk out of both sides of their mouths, he's getting real good at it.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Well no shit he had an agenda.
    To punish those that broke the rules, lied about it, continued to do it, and compromised the integrity of the league and putting its players in harms way intentionally, while at the same time setting a precedent and warning to the entire league in a strong attempt to prevent it from happening again.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

Just heard something on SiriusNFL that made me say "wow".

They said Sean Peyton had said in an email "put me down for 5,000 on (Aaron) Rogers.

Bottom line is not only did they break rules / go against the commissioners wishes, but they actively lied and covered it up while continuing the same behavior the whole time. Its stupid enough to do it in the first place given the whole emphasis on saftey that Goodell has been pushing via fines (at times questionable) of players for hits etc.... Goodell had to come down hard so as to avoid the appearance of being tough on players but easy on the management types. He also needed to kick the Saints and their management in the teeth for out and out dissing him and his wishes. Last but not least he needed to make sure the penalties were stiff enough that nobody in their right mind would think of doing this crap again.

I kinda agree its a little over the top in terms of how much its costing Payton, Loomis, Saints etc.... that being said can you imagine what would have happened if a guy got his career ended with a knee or god forbid a neck injury and then this stuff about bounties came out? It would be a nightmare PR for the league and they cant have teams putting them at risk for bad PR like that. The punishment imo is fine and I think its highly unlikely that you will see the word "bounty" used by by much of anyone in this league for some time to come.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Just heard something on SiriusNFL that made me say "wow".

They said Sean Peyton had said in an email "put me down for 5,000 on (Aaron) Rogers.
    So, how is he not getting an indefinite ban then?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    So, how is he not getting an indefinite ban then?
    I don't know, but anyone who thinks they were too hard on Sean Peyton is crazy, he's lucky he only got a year!

Drew Brees can kiss my ass.

Here is a link to the story:

Story