Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Verdict is in

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Americanmade2012 Guest

Verdict is in

Saints Payton suspended for one year and Saints forfeit two first round picks this years and next and Tebow is a JET

Americanmade2012 Guest

Re: Verdict is in

sorry just saw it was in the free agent thread my bad

WOW. That hurts.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

holy bejeezus

Blog Entries

Wow, I really expected Williams to get a year and maybe Payton 4 games. To suspend Payton a year is brutal for Saints and Williams may not work in the NFL again. Shot across the bow for sure

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...unty-program/1

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Wow, I really expected Williams to get a year and maybe Payton 4 games. To suspend Payton a year is brutal for Saints and Williams may not work in the NFL again. Shot across the bow for sure

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...unty-program/1
    Hell that was not a shot across the bow that was a full broadside! There is no mistaking Goodells intent. I bet Williams and Payton will not be the only ones to miss the upcoming season. Some players are shakin in their boots.

Quote Originally Posted by edtude View Post
    Hell that was not a shot across the bow that was a full broadside! There is no mistaking Goodells intent. I bet Williams and Payton will not be the only ones to miss the upcoming season. Some players are shakin in their boots.
    A terrible swift sword. And kinda ex post facto, but this is the NFL, not the Constitution. They must also have goods on Williams from previous jobs.

Will be interested to see if any players are punished or will the emphasis be on coaches/ FO implicated.

The sad thing is this is what should have happened to Belichik for spygate, but that was swept under the rug.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

I expected a heavy fine and a possible year long suspensions for Sean Peyton and Greg Williams. I also thought Goodell would take away at least one first round pick so in that sense I think the Saints got lucky. Nevertheless the saints screwed themselves and hence got screwed. Goodell only came to tighten it. Wow. If this doesn't send a message I don't know what will.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker: M&T Sec 527 View Post
    They must also have goods on Williams from previous jobs.
    They did.
    Did you not see all the stuff that was written regarding Williams' bounty type practices when he was with the Redskins, etc.?
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edtude View Post
    I wonder how they are going to do that. Because not all of the players involved still play for the Saints. This is going to effect multiple teams.

Do we have any former Saints defenders?

I don't think it will matter at all if the player(s) that are suspended end up being former Saints.

Just because it happened a while ago doesn't prevent the league from handing down punishment. Replace the bounty with legal trouble. If player X commits a crime while on the Dolphins but then gets moved to the Bears (I'm looking at your Marshall), the league can still punish him once he's found guilty.

Combine that with this being the very topic the NFLPA has been wanting to see the league do something about -- player safety.