Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Verdict is in

Blog Entries

Re: Verdict is in

Quote Originally Posted by bpmurr View Post
    Wonder what Ben Grubbs thinks about signing with them now...? This came a week late, thanks Rog!
    I thought the same thing but then saw that Broderick Bunkley just signed with them for five years anyway. Green is green I guess. If your motivation is winning or escaping taint, you might not sign with them. But if they put more cash on the table and you are looking to get the biggest payday you can in a career that is by nature very limited in years, it won't stop you from signing with the Saints.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Why?

Fisher and the Rams knew probably more information regarding Williams and his role in this stuff then anybody posting on this board.

Many of us predicted that the penalty Williams would get would be severe.
    Several including myself predicted the Saints (and particularly Williams) would be made an example out of, and that Williams should be banned for life.
    Now I don't know if "indefinitely" is for life, but I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say he won't see an NFL field this year other then from the TV screen or as a paying customer in the stands.

So if you know the guy you're potentially looking at to be your DC is in that much hot water, why would you go out and hire him?
    I am guessing that indefinitely means more than one year (since Payton got one year). And I will go further and guess that it means substantially more than one year. So, let's put the over/under on this at two years. Will anybody hire a tainted DC who has been out of the game two years? Unless it is an Orioles-Duquette type situation, I think Williams is going to have a very hard time finding a job anywhere after this. They may lift the ban on him in two years, but, for all intents and purposes, I would think that he is done in the NFL. (Then again, if Dick Vermeil can make a comeback and win a Super Bowl with the Rams, anything can happen. But Dick Vermeil at least seems to be a nice guy.)

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Perhaps he will lose 1/2 of his 2012 pay (?) ... Bc
    Sean Payton loses all of his 2012 pay; I'm not sure about the GM's pay, but he was fined $500,000, so that's a chunk of change out of his pocket.

Americanmade2012 Guest

Why?

Fisher and the Rams knew probably more information regarding Williams and his role in this stuff then anybody posting on this board.

Many of us predicted that the penalty Williams would get would be severe.
    Several including myself predicted the Saints (and particularly Williams) would be made an example out of, and that Williams should be banned for life.
    Now I don't know if "indefinitely" is for life, but I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say he won't see an NFL field this year other then from the TV screen or as a paying customer in the stands.

So if you know the guy you're potentially looking at to be your DC is in that much hot water, why would you go out and hire him?
    bc he was the best DC out there and suited the rams *sarcasm* lol

Blog Entries

The reality is that Fisher might have let Williams do his thing. Williams reputation is well known. He's been around Fisher before, as has Jim Schwartz, whose current team is building a reputation of their own.

This might have saved St. Louis trouble from getting caught later.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

As for Payton and company, they had this coming. The owner told them to shut it down and they didn't. Now, all of those rumors about the way Payton has done things with the physicality of certain situations can certainly hold a drop of water at the least.

Even without them, there is no way you are going to convince me that the head coach of a SB Champion and oft-playoff contending team, didn't know that his DC (Whose reputation precedes him) and leader of his defense were putting bounties out.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Why?

he won't see an NFL field this year other then from the TV screen or as a paying customer in the stands.
    Actually, they can't even buy a ticket and attend while suspended.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Even without them, there is no way you are going to convince me that the head coach of a SB Champion and oft-playoff contending team, didn't know that his DC (Whose reputation precedes him) and leader of his defense were putting bounties out.
    Sounds like he couldn't convince Goodell either..

We Were Lied To

"Goodell said there’s no doubt in his mind that the Saints lied to the league office when the bounty investigation began."

“Clearly, we were lied to,” Goodell said. “We investigated this back in 2010, we were told it was not happening, it continued for another two years until we got credible evidence late in the 2011 season and we were able to identify significant information that verified from multiple sources that this was going on for a three-year period.”

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    Actually, they can't even buy a ticket and attend while suspended.
    You know, after I put that comment up about him having to buy tickets that thought crossed my mind.

Kind of like spy gate I suppose.

Him being in the stands in secret communication over a cell phone or some shit.

Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

I think I saw he loses all of his $7 mil pay...and the suspension starts April 1 through April 1.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Americanmade2012 View Post
    I just feel bad for the rams because now they have no DC although I would not personally want him after all this mess came out but still.
    Fisher's a defensive coach...he'll be ok.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Who got the bounty money for messing up Payton on the sidelines? The commish has spoken and he carried a big stick today.

OK, not to change the subject but didn't the Giants target for injury the 49ers WR Williams?? He was coming off a concussion and they were to hit him hoping for a turnover. I guess if no money was mentioned it doesn't count??