Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Verdict is in

Re: Verdict is in

Say what you will about Goodell, but the dude is a MAN OF ACTION.

This early into his tenure he's already done more than Tags did his entire career.

Even though I may not like all of his decisions, I will say that I feel he's honestly acting in the best interests of the players in the long run.

Now that everyone knows they'll be held responsible for their actions, I'm sure there will be a drastic change in seedy behind the scenes shenanigans that have been going on forever.

#91 the biggest ahole on that team.

Vilma will be gone for good also

Blog Entries

If Shockey truly was the informer, it might have been out of spite, more than anything. It didn't end well for him in New Orleans.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    Say what you will about Goodell, but the dude is a MAN OF ACTION.

This early into his tenure he's already done more than Tags did his entire career.

Even though I may not like all of his decisions, I will say that I feel he's honestly acting in the best interests of the players in the long run.

Now that everyone knows they'll be held responsible for their actions, I'm sure there will be a drastic change in seedy behind the scenes shenanigans that have been going on forever.
    Agree 100%. Goodell certainly got the balls, right, wrong, like him or hate him. Moral of the story. Don't piss him off by lying to his face.

The more I am thinking of this, the more I see why the Pats got the punishment they got and the Saints got something much worse.

It's debatable, but both Spygate and the Bounty nonsense go towards the integrity of the game. One team was relatively cooperative, got picks taken away from them and fined. The other lied and tried to cover up their misgivings. They too got picks taken away and fined, but then it extended to the folks who, I am assuming, covered it up -- Payton, Williams, etc. As a result, Goddell went after the people trying to cover up the crime with suspensions.

Moral of the story? Don't lie to the Commish. It may very well cost you your job.

Blog Entries

'Spygate' could have also had an impact on this decision, because of how many people viewed the punishment that the Patriots received. Roger Goodell had to come down hard this time and make sure there was no question about the penalty.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    If Shockey truly was the informer, it might have been out of spite, more than anything. It didn't end well for him in New Orleans.
    I think this would have happened before he was cut though. Maybe his falling out of favor there was cut because of something he voiced about what was going on. Really, it's all conjecture at this point.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    I think this would have happened before he was cut though. Maybe his falling out of favor there was cut because of something he voiced about what was going on. Really, it's all conjecture at this point.
    That is true. Especially, considering the uncertainty behind whether or not Warren Sapp is telling the truth.

Warren, on the other hand, is in quite a pickle now, whether he had the right guy or not.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Sounds like he couldn't convince Goodell either..

We Were Lied To

"Goodell said there’s no doubt in his mind that the Saints lied to the league office when the bounty investigation began."

“Clearly, we were lied to,” Goodell said. “We investigated this back in 2010, we were told it was not happening, it continued for another two years until we got credible evidence late in the 2011 season and we were able to identify significant information that verified from multiple sources that this was going on for a three-year period.”

You know, after I put that comment up about him having to buy tickets that thought crossed my mind.

Kind of like spy gate I suppose.

Him being in the stands in secret communication over a cell phone or some shit.

Some player, for Tampa I think, got in trouble for buying a ticket and attending a game while he was suspended.

Blog Entries

Now the Senate is getting involved. I kinda thought what the Senator said was true, if you were paid to hurt someone off the field, it would be a crime.

Story

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Now the Senate is getting involved. I kinda thought what the Senator said was true, if you were paid to hurt someone off the field, it would be a crime.

Story
    He's just another grandstanding a-hole politician (yes, I realize that's redundant). How would they prove that a player's injury was caused specifically by intent to injure for a bounty, and wasn't just a routine part of a very violent game?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I agree that he should have been held much more accountable than what he was. The NFL definitely took it easy on him and the Pats.

I guess it depends on which you value more/less.

Attempting to cheat by filming practices, etc? Or paying players to take out certain opposing key players?
    It would have been a HUGE embarrassment for the NFL.
    Their model franchise turns out to be cheaters!! Say it ain't so Tom!
    It would have changed everything.
    That is why the evidence was burned.
    No way to ever dig that stuff up again against them.

Look, give Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, and Joe Flacco and whoever is playing center, the check offs and online calls for all the opposing teams before we play them and see what happens.
    We could have wideouts playing corner, too, and win.

How do those trophies look now?

I can tell you this...if evidence had come out that the Ravens were cheating instead of the Pats, there would have been an ungodly uproar and the 2000 title would have been called into question.