Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Verdict is in

Blog Entries

Re: Verdict is in

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Wow, I really expected Williams to get a year and maybe Payton 4 games. To suspend Payton a year is brutal for Saints and Williams may not work in the NFL again. Shot across the bow for sure

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...unty-program/1
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by edtude View Post
    Hell that was not a shot across the bow that was a full broadside! There is no mistaking Goodells intent. I bet Williams and Payton will not be the only ones to miss the upcoming season. Some players are shakin in their boots.
    A terrible swift sword. And kinda ex post facto, but this is the NFL, not the Constitution. They must also have goods on Williams from previous jobs.

Will be interested to see if any players are punished or will the emphasis be on coaches/ FO implicated.

The sad thing is this is what should have happened to Belichik for spygate, but that was swept under the rug.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

I expected a heavy fine and a possible year long suspensions for Sean Peyton and Greg Williams. I also thought Goodell would take away at least one first round pick so in that sense I think the Saints got lucky. Nevertheless the saints screwed themselves and hence got screwed. Goodell only came to tighten it. Wow. If this doesn't send a message I don't know what will.

Wonder what Ben Grubbs thinks about signing with them now...? This came a week late, thanks Rog!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    The sad thing is this is what should have happened to Belichik for spygate, but that was swept under the rug.
    I agree that he should have been held much more accountable than what he was. The NFL definitely took it easy on him and the Pats.

I guess it depends on which you value more/less.

Attempting to cheat by filming practices, etc? Or paying players to take out certain opposing key players?

Blog Entries

Bottom line is.... this is far far from harsh... these players and coaches where going out to PURPOSELY injure players for cash, that is unacceptable to me, and Greg Williams should be arrested for this let alone banned from coaching in the NFL. If someone called a guy up and paid him to beat someone up on the streets, both are going to be arrested and probably jailed for it if caught, same rules should apply here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker: M&T Sec 527 View Post
    They must also have goods on Williams from previous jobs.
    They did.
    Did you not see all the stuff that was written regarding Williams' bounty type practices when he was with the Redskins, etc.?
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

The Saints still have Steve Spags and Pete Carmichael, so they'll probably be ok. Not great, but ok.

The Rams, on the other hand, are really going to get screwed with this. They were really counting on Greg Williams to re-tool that entire defense.

Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    I wouldn't equate cheating to gain a competitive unethical advantage to players intending to injure another player putting their source of income in jeopardy as equal. If anything the Patriots' punishment should have been just as severe as the saints with the Saints present punishment being even more severe..perhaps taking a 1st rounder as well.

Americanmade2012 Guest

I just feel bad for the rams because now they have no DC although I would not personally want him after all this mess came out but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Americanmade2012 View Post
    I just feel bad for the rams because now they have no DC although I would not personally want him after all this mess came out but still.
    Why?

Fisher and the Rams knew probably more information regarding Williams and his role in this stuff then anybody posting on this board.

Many of us predicted that the penalty Williams would get would be severe.
    Several including myself predicted the Saints (and particularly Williams) would be made an example out of, and that Williams should be banned for life.
    Now I don't know if "indefinitely" is for life, but I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say he won't see an NFL field this year other then from the TV screen or as a paying customer in the stands.

So if you know the guy you're potentially looking at to be your DC is in that much hot water, why would you go out and hire him?
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!