Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Troy Smith was fan favorite at camp

Ravens fans were excited to greet Try Smith today.

Re: Troy Smith was fan favorite at camp

Quote Originally Posted by Sports Steve View Post
    Ravens fans were excited to greet Try Smith today.

If he performs like he did today all the fans better get their autographs now,might not be that many opportunities in the future.

If he performs like he did today all the fans better get their autographs now,might not be that many opportunities in the future.

Does that mean he had a bad day? I have heard good things about him thus far...
    HottBirdz...

Aaron Wilson reported he was shaky yesterday, but it was the first day of TC so everyone be calm.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    It's been two days of Training Camp and he is a rookie for heaven's sake. He's not going to be Joe Montana. Geez.

Aaron Wilson did point out on the radio this afternoon that Troy Smith looks beter than Boller did when Boller was a rookie.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

For once I wish we could just let the guy play and do something. People are waaaaay too focused on analysis of QBs and QB play and expecting to see Bert Jones or Unitas reborn.

Troy Smith played for a big time college program, performed quite well there, and is a very likeable person.

I'll stand by the fact I was excited to find that the Ravens selected him in the draft. We'll see how it all turns out, likely two years at least before things really get going.

What Exiled said!

Troy Smith might be in the perfect situation here.

He (unlike Boller) will have the opportunity to sit and watch a polished vet before given the opportunity to carry the load.

Basically (IMO) the way a rookie QB should be dealt with.

I'll wait and pass judgement on anything I hear or see regarding Troy Smith until he actually has gotten some seasoning.

With that being said...

If he pans out, it was an absolute steal in the 5th round.

If he doesn't, certainly worth a 5th round pick gamble given his college history.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRulz View Post
    It's been two days of Training Camp and he is a rookie for heaven's sake. He's not going to be Joe Montana. Geez.

Aaron Wilson did point out on the radio this afternoon that Troy Smith looks beter than Boller did when Boller was a rookie.
    Forget about the comparisons to Boller,I was there yesterday and he was horrible no two ways about it.He was hitting recievers in the feet the majority of the time,and not their hands.Also,this from Casey Willet on todays practice:
    "
    Coach Rick Neuhisal was working on one of the fields with Troy Smith and Drew Olson. During one of the drills were the QB’s were throwing out routes, Coach Neuhisal told Troy that he had just thrown a pass at the minimum speed to throw a pass in the NFL. Pointing out to him that guys like Ed Reed, and many other safeties and defensive backs in the NFL are so fast they will jump all over those type throws.
    "

Aaron can sugarcoat it all he wants but those are the facts.It is only the first couple days but his performances have not been good SO FAR.

I was there on Monday. To me, he looked like the #3 QB of any team on the 1st day of camp. His release is very high and his arm is plenty strong. He was bouncing balls into the feet of his receivers, probably a footwork issue that can be corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswarrior19 View Post
    I was there on Monday. To me, he looked like the #3 QB of any team on the 1st day of camp. His release is very high and his arm is plenty strong. He was bouncing balls into the feet of his receivers, probably a footwork issue that can be corrected.
    Not much better today,Brent Harris said he struggled all day and was inaccurate and looked jittery.Our very own TL said the same thing in his camp notes:

"Troy Smith looks very much like a rookie so far and threw two picks today, one by Ronnie Prude and a second by Jamaine Winborne..."

Not much better today,Brent Harris said he struggled all day and was inaccurate and looked jittery.Our very own TL said the same thing in his camp notes:

"Troy Smith looks very much like a rookie so far and threw two picks today, one by Ronnie Prude and a second by Jamaine Winborne..."
    What I've noticed in the past two days reading your posts on both boards, is that you're worthless.

We get it, you don't like him.

LOL @ expecting a fifth round clipboard holder in the second day of camp to look like Peyton Manning.

- C -