Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: The Big Question: Who Would You Rather Cleveland Pick?

I wouldn't rule out Tannehill. Last year, nobody thought either Christian Ponder or Jake Locker would go in the first round, especially in the top half of it. With the league as pass oriented as it is, and the need for Cleveland to land a legit QB to compete in this division with Flacco, Roethlisberger, and Dalton, it wouldn't surprise me.

I do think they will take Blackmon if he's there, lets not forget that Minnesota could use him too. Richardson isn't what they need. Getting a stud runner isn't going to help much if they are playing with a QB who can't throw the ball 15 yards and no WR to speak of.

Blog Entries

I'd prefer them take Blackmon.

Reasoning: I still believe Colt is going to be a pretty decent QB, yeah he doesn't have that long ball but he is deadly in the short and middle ranges. Put a RB back there that FORCES teams to stack the box and leave one on one on the outside and they would drastically improve. Hillis was ok but nothing to write home about.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    I'd prefer them take Blackmon.

Reasoning: I still believe Colt is going to be a pretty decent QB, yeah he doesn't have that long ball but he is deadly in the short and middle ranges. Put a RB back there that FORCES teams to stack the box and leave one on one on the outside and they would drastically improve. Hillis was ok but nothing to write home about.
    Colt couldn't pass gas! He has a terrible arm!

Blog Entries

McCoy can't play in Cleveland. If he's going to be a decent QB, it'll be somewhere where the weather is less of a factor. In addition to that, a noodle arm QB and the dink and dunk style isn't going to work in the AFC North, because you aren't going to go on 10-15 play drives consistently against the Bengals, Ravens, and Steelers defenses.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    McCoy can't play in Cleveland. If he's going to be a decent QB, it'll be somewhere where the weather is less of a factor. In addition to that, a noodle arm QB and the dink and dunk style isn't going to work in the AFC North, because you aren't going to go on 10-15 play drives consistently against the Bengals, Ravens, and Steelers defenses.
    Ummmmm, isn't that what the Ravens AND Steelers did for years, until the Steelers moved into a more vertical offense(past 3 years) and we're moving more into the past year. Remember 2 years ago thats all we did, run with Rice and do the out route to Mason, with Heap going over the middle every once in a while. And (throwing up) the Squeelers won a SB with just that kind of offence not too long ago.

As for Colt having a terrible arm, yes he doesn't have the long range accuracy, but he cant throw the ball 50 yards from his knees like Boller, and how did that work out for Boller???? He's accurate as hell in the short and middle ranges.

Blog Entries
    Until they get a real QB I don't think it matters much

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!