Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: US and England agree to release oil reserves

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    That's why I honestly think he'd prefer that SCOTUS repeal it.
    You say a lot of dumb things but do you really think this? For real?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    You say a lot of dumb things but do you really think this? For real?

This coming from someone who pretends to believe unemployment is at 8%

I believe it's possible he'd prefer it. Let me ask you something, if that is really one of the only things people disapprove of and (and strongly I might add) disapprove of enough to not vote for him, do think he'd rather have it and lose the election or not have it and be reelected?

What I like most about this move, is BHO is out there mocking the Republican plan of drilling to increase production to lower cost, but says more drilling and more oil won't lower gas prices.. THAN WHY THE F ARE YOU RELEASING STRATEGIC RESERVES TO LOWER THE COST?

Nope, increased supply won't lower the cost of a product, Moron...
    Unfortunately, gas prices have nothing to do with Supply and Demand. It's more demand and demand.

Everyone in the world demands the product, and those that supply it demand record profits every sigle year, no matter how much "demand" there really is.
    Since we had a mild winter, and heating oil sales were crazy low, gas prices are high. the oil companies have to make up for their "perceived losses" over the heating oil they expected to sell.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Unfortunately, gas prices have nothing to do with Supply and Demand. It's more demand and demand.

Everyone in the world demands the product, and those that supply it demand record profits every sigle year, no matter how much "demand" there really is.
    Since we had a mild winter, and heating oil sales were crazy low, gas prices are high. the oil companies have to make up for their "perceived losses" over the heating oil they expected to sell.
    I think you're missing the point of the question. The question was really to point out the political move of releasing Strategic Oil Reserves.

But oil is about supply and demand, and also so much more. Like you pointed out "perceived losses", it's about perception. People believe that oil is scarce, so they will pay a high price for it. If we opened up drilling in the gulf again and Anwar and so on supply would dramatically outweigh demand bringing the price down.

Another reason we need to drill for our own oil is, oil is traded in dollars when the value of the dollar drops it takes more of it to purchase oil. If we were "oil independent" we would not participate in the world market and could set our on prices based on oursupply and demand.

I think you're missing the point
    Yeah JonBoy, please just blame Obama. Why you gettin' all reasonable and what not?

I think you're missing the point of the question. The question was really to point out the political move of releasing Strategic Oil Reserves.

But oil is about supply and demand, and also so much more. Like you pointed out "perceived losses", it's about perception. People believe that oil is scarce, so they will pay a high price for it. If we opened up drilling in the gulf again and Anwar and so on supply would dramatically outweigh demand bringing the price down.

Another reason we need to drill for our own oil is, oil is traded in dollars when the value of the dollar drops it takes more of it to purchase oil. If we were "oil independent" we would not participate in the world market and could set our on prices based on oursupply and demand.
    Oh, I'm 100% on board with that train of thought. I was just correcting what seemed like someone thiking that Oil followed Supply/Demand like our Economics textbooks told us it would, Increasing domestic production is the only answer, PERIOD.

Blog Entries

Yeah JonBoy, please just blame Obama. Why you gettin' all reasonable and what not?
    Yeah Galen, try to change the subject by making irrelevant statements when you're incapable of addressing the point.

Yeah Galen, try to change the subject by making irrelevant statements when you're incapable of addressing the point.
    Duh, he's always incapable of addressing the point.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Duh, he's always incapable of addressing the point.
    I know, but for some reason I find joy in f-ing with G

I'm just looking out for you by keeping JB on board in blaming Obama for world oil prices. He's back.

Blog Entries

I'm just looking out for you by keeping JB on board in blaming Obama for world oil prices. He's back.
    Come on now, let's get back on track you didn't answer this
    I believe it's possible he'd prefer it. Let me ask you something, if that is really one of the only things people disapprove of and (and strongly I might add) disapprove of enough to not vote for him, do think he'd rather have it and lose the election or not have it and be reelected?
    How about you, would you rather have Obamacare or Obama?

Until he DRASTICALLY reduces barriers to domestic oil production, then yes, ITS ALL HIS FAULT. You could say that I'm forgetign the cartel's, who's fault it r3eally is, but if we increased domestic production we wouldn't have to d with those criminals until they begged us to come back....