Blog Entries

Monday Morning Camp Notes:

Up on the front page now.

By Tony Lombardi.

The Ravens opened Summer Camp 2007 this morning under hazy conditions which helped to keep temperatures tolerable. Two things that were immediately different and noticeable: the practice location and the color of the teams’ jerseys.

Due to damp conditions on the upper field, the team practiced on the stadium field wear they found the familiar momentum turf like that at M&T Bank Stadium. The field was a bit crowded and to a certain degree it limited what all units could do during their respective breakouts.

Link to full article:

http://profootball24x7.com/column_vi...3&view=archive
    Admin Steve :uk:
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.

Blog Entries

Re: Monday Morning Camp Notes:

Article has been revised and is now complete.
    Admin Steve :uk:
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.

Thanks! I love the detailed updates.

What a brutal 6 months. Thanks for the great (and speedy) camp updates!

thanx for the updated info....keep up the good work !!

um....I actually agreed with Tex.

Besides, Darling can at least play special teams. As for match ups...who cares. Have Quin, Heap, or D-Will run the pattern.

Filed under, training camp only curiosity, never to be seen during the season:
    B.J. Sams played the nickel on the third team defensive unit.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Thanks for the notes.....

If you go back two seasons when the Bengals beat us in the big comback at the vault the play that got them going late in the third quarter was a Clarence Moore alligator-esque effort on a ball thrown by the left hash, that turned into a Boller interception. I'm no Boller apologist by any stretch but that interception was completely on Moore. I don't know how the coaching staff can trust this guy. He offers nothing but the ability to jump in the endzone and won't fight for the ball then if the DB can make a play on it.

I'll be glad when Moore gets cut from this squad for good.

Aaron Wilson and Tony L give the best reviews of training camp. I especially like TL's breakdown of the matchups.

The Raven did sign a speedster named Leo Bookman. He maybe something and he may not, but he may provide some competition for the 4th and 5th WR spot.

I am done with Moore and Darling. No Moore Darling.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Filed under, training camp only curiosity, never to be seen during the season:
    Actually I think this is a roster clue. As in the past, I think this is the coaching staff saying to BJ that just being a return man may not be good enough to make the team. You are either secondary depth also or you might get beat out by a returner/WR we have drafted, as we can't afford single-dimensional people on the roster, we need legitimate depth...

Thanks Tony great report. It was great seeing some old friends I haven't seen since January. I know the weather was a lot better then last year when it was close to 100.

Keep up the great work for all RAVENS fans.

Great camp reports. This gets me so pumped for the season. Im going later this week, and I can't wait!

Btw, Steve, I saw you on the commercial for the Ravens/Redskins scrimmage. Lookin good!
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton